- 50 Fun Art and Craft Ideas for Kids to Make at Home
- 13 DIY Projects Your Whole Family Can Do Together
- 1. Picture Publishing
- 2. Knot Away
- 3. Rainbows and Glitter
- 4. Lego Creations
- 5. Festive Confetti Globe
- 6. Pirate Treasure Teller
- 7. Colourful Wind Chime
- 8. Funky Bookshelf
- 9. Recycled Towel Animals
- 10. Rocky Turtle
- 11. Colourful Pom-Poms
- 12. Musical Box
- 13. Grass Boats
- 14. DIY Whimsical Globe
- Getting kids involved in DIY projects at an early age will help them gain confidence and skills they will put to good use later in life
- Create a Fairy Garden
- Try Marble Art
- Build a Bookcase
- Construct a Treehouse
- Paint Stones
- Build a Cornhole Set
- Make a Bird Feeder or Birdhouse
- Create a LEGO Table
- Build a Jewelry Box
- Make Curtains
- Try String Art
- Construct a Toy Box
- Make a Terrarium
- 50+ fun art and craft ideas for kids to make at home
- Décor and Accessories
- Outdoor Art
- Crafts and Artistic Activities
- Art from Everyday Materials
- 50+ best arts and crafts ideas for kids
- 1 Bubble painting
- 2 Cardboard castle
- 3 Rainbow rice
- 4 DIY paper strip rainbows
- 5 Seed bombs
- 6 Fake snow
- 7 Fairy garden ideas
- 8 Slime
- 9 Fluffy slime
- 10 Puffy paint
- 11 Kinetic sand
- 12 Pipe cleaner crafts
- 13 Hand print art ideas
- 14 Popsicle stick crafts
- 15 Marble mazes
- 16 Salt dough ornaments
- 17 Painted plant pots
- 18 Bug hotels
- 19 Kites
- 6 Pirate ship
- 20 Kaleidoscope
- 21 Easy origami
- 22 Bath bombs
- 23 Cute Flower Paper Fans
- 24 Finger painting
- 25 Suncatchers
- 26 Matchbox Challenge
- 27 DIY Masks
- 28 Cross stitch on plastic canvas or binca
- 29 DIY Pirate Treasure Hunt
- 30 Painted pebbles and rocks
- 31 Paper fortune tellers
- 32 DIY Play Dough
- 33 Jam jar snow globes
- 34 Washi tape hop scotch
- 35 Pavement chalk drawings
- 1. Hopscotch
- 2. Animal footprints
- 3. Rainbows
- 4. Nature scenes
- 5. Self-portraits
- 6. Optical illusions
- 7. Sports-themed drawings
- 8. Superheroes
- 9. Vehicles
- 10. Comic book panels
- 11. Flowers
- 12. Space scenes
- 13. Underwater world
- 14. Food drawings
- 15. Silhouettes
- 16. Mosaics
- 17. Famous landmarks
- 18. Emojis
- 19. Seasons
- 20. Abstract art
- 21. Musical instruments
- 22. Buildings and landmarks
- 23. Alphabet and numbers
- 24. Monsters
- 25. Vehicles in motion
- 26. Mandalas
- 27. Portraits of family and friends
- 28. Farm animals
- 29. Pirates
- 30. Space aliens
- 31. Famous paintings
- 32. Writing prompts
- 33. Winding road
- 34. Confetti explosion
- 35. Handprint art
- 36 Paper crowns
- 37 Pom Poms
- 38 French knitting
- 39 Magic scratch pictures
- 40 Homemade Stamps
- 41 Toilet roll animals
- 42 Friendship bracelets
- 43 Paper spring flowers
- 44 Desk Pals Organizer Set
- 45 Pipe cleaner animals
- 46 Toilet roll cars
- 47 Spirographs
- 48 Nature trail clay sculptures
- 49 Loom bands
- 50 Shrink plastic handprint keyrings
- 51 Shrinky Dinks
- 52 DIY Air Dry Clay
- 53 Drawing ideas for kids
- Beat boredom with fun arts and crafts for kids
- Easy face painting ideas for kids
- 45 Home DIY Project Ideas and Designs for Kids
- 1 Twig Planters
- 2 Pebble Bathmats
- 3 Wall Candle Holders
- 4 Pompom Curtain
- 5 Painted Mirror
- 6 Yarn Ball Lights
- 7 Upcycled Planters
- 8 Twig Bowls
- 9 Jar Lanterns
- 10 Confetti Tray
- 11 Burlap Painting
- 12 Rainbow Fence
- 13 A Pallet Playhouse
- 14 Bottle Cap Wind Chime
- 15 Colourful Jar Organisers
- 16 Button Bowls
- 17 Pompom Rug
- 18 Paper Mosaic
- 19 Disco Ball Planter
- 20 Fun Pots
- 21 Tin Can Lights
- 22 A Backyard Swing
- 23 Popsicle Sticks Shelves
- 24 Recycled Birds Feeders
- 25 Rolled Paper Frame
- 26 Rocky Tins
- 27 String Art
- 28 Knot Pillow
- 29 Rock Painting
- 30 Shaggy Rag Rug
- 31 A Treehouse
- 32 Recycled Wood Art
- 33 PVC Shoe Organiser
- 34 Plastic Cap Mural
- 35 Concrete Planters
- 36 Popsicle Sticks Lantern
- 37 Geometric Wall Paint
- 38 Old Tyre Planters
- 39 Crate Wall Organiser
- 40 Garden Lights
- Creative Lighting
- Nature-Inspired Lights
- Fun and Games
- Reimagined Materials
- 41 Wine Corkboard
- 42 Metallic Leaves Bunting
- 43 Fabric Wall Tiles
- 44 Recycled Bike Wheel Garland
- 45 Pallet Swing Bed
- 45 DIY Fun Summer Projects to do with your Kids
- 1 Paper Dream Catchers
- 2 DIY Mermaid Tail
- 3 Paper Lantern
- 4 Flower Prints using Bottle
- 5 Egg Carton Boats
- 6 Bubble Painting
- 7 Button Ring
- 8 Sunflower Marshmallow Pops
- 9 Summer Skies Jello Snack
- 10 Newspaper Forts
- 11 Lemonade Stand
- 12 Glow in the Dark Jellyfish
- 13 Frog Baseball Hat
- 14 Grass Heads
- 15 Glitter Sunglasses
- 16 Helicopter Made from Plastic Bottle
- 17 Melted Crayon Art
- 18 Bird Feeder
- 19 Cars’ Cookies
- 20 Activity Play Mat
- 21 Spoon or Cap Bugs
- 22 DIY Kaleidoscope
- 23 Rainbow Yarn Picture
- 24 Paper Kite
- 25 Superhero Capes
- 26 DIY Glitter Slime
- 27 Painted Kid’s Umbrella
- 28 Turtle Herb Planters
- 29 Shadow Puppet Theater
- 30 Homemade Street Chalk Paint
- 31 Sandpaper T-shirt
- 32 Rainbow Bubble Snakes
- 33 DIY Wind Chime
- 34 Lego Soap
- 35 DIY Lava Lamp
- 36 Finger Paint
- 37 DIY Hula Hoop
- 38 DIY Jumping Rope
- 39 Glowing DIY Fireflies
- 40 Firework Painting
- 41 Friendship Bracelets
- 42 Butterfly Magnets
- 43 Monogram Mug
- 44 Bookshelf Dollhouse
- 45 Outdoor Music Station
- Crafts For Kids – Tons of Art and Craft Ideas for Kids to Make
- Looking for Seasonal Kid’s Crafts? Find them here
- Easy Crafts for Kids
- 1 Pom Poms Caterpillars
- 2 Paper Spider
- 3 Farm Animal Puppets
- 4 Craft Stick Crocodile
- 5 Monster Bookmarks
- 6 Paper Plate Masks
- 7 Sun and Rainbow
- 8 Butterfly Life Cycle
- 9 Ladybug Construction Paper Craft
- 10 Tulip Cards
- 11 Under the Sea Scene
- 12 Construction Paper Frog
- 13 Under the Sea Scene
- 14 Sponge Sailboats
- 15 Dinosaur Clothespin Puppets
- Crafting Through the Holidays and Celebrations
- Other Fun themes for Crafts for Kids
- Kids Crafts Ideas by Popular Materials
- Crafting with Paper Plates
- Origami Paper
- Paper Rolls – Crafting With Toilet Paper Rolls, Paper Kitchen Towel Rolls, and Similar
- Rock Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Why should you craft with kids? Benefits. What about creativity?
50 Fun Art and Craft Ideas for Kids to Make at Home
Welcome to our collection of 50 fun art and craft ideas for kids to make at home. Whether you’re looking to create a whimsical treehouse or want to make something out of those ordinary twigs and rocks in your backyard, we’ve got you covered.
Art and craft activities are not only a great way to keep your little ones entertained, but they also help develop their creativity and imagination. From making adorable figures out of marbles to launching versatile sculptures, these crafts will provide hours of fun and entertainment.
If you’re looking for craft ideas to keep your kids busy during the holidays, we’ve got you covered. From making a birdhouse out of recycled materials to creating adorable animal sculptures, there’s something for everyone.
One of our favorites is making toilet paper holders out of old toilet paper rolls. Not only is this a fun and inventive craft, but it also has the added benefit of recycling. Plus, your child will love adding their own personal touch to their very own toilet paper holder!
Another fun craft idea is making a globethat can be used as a trendy home decor piece or as a gift for a friend. Your child will enjoy painting and decorating the globe, and it will give your home a touch of whimsical charm.
If you’re looking for something quick and easy, consider making a fake grass porch. This craft is perfect for little ones who adore playing outside. Just gather some fake grass and stick it to your porch or fence for an instant outdoor play area.
We’ve also included several step-by-step crafts that are perfect for toddlers. From making an adorable animal organiser to creating a memory station, these crafts are designed to be easy for little hands to do.
So why wait? Give these fun art and craft ideas a try and create some lasting memories with your little ones. Who knows, you might just become the next Picasso or innovative craft retailer!
13 DIY Projects Your Whole Family Can Do Together
Looking for some fun activities to do with the whole family? These 13 DIY projects are perfect for bringing everyone together. Whether you’re in the mood for something crafty, artistic, or even musical, there’s something here for everyone to enjoy!
1. Picture Publishing
Create your own family photo book by printing out pictures and arranging them in an album. This is a great way to relive memories and create a keepsake that can be passed down for generations.
2. Knot Away
Learn how to tie different types of knots together. This can be a useful skill for outdoor activities like boating, camping, and hiking.
3. Rainbows and Glitter
Create colorful and whimsical artwork with paint, glitter, and other craft materials. Let your imagination run wild and see what you can come up with!
4. Lego Creations
Pick a theme and challenge each other to build the best Lego creation. This activity is not only fun, but also helps develop problem-solving skills.
5. Festive Confetti Globe
Create a beautiful confetti globe using a clear glass jar, confetti, and glue. This makes a great decoration for any special occasion.
6. Pirate Treasure Teller
Create your very own pirate treasure teller (fortune teller) using paper and markers. Fill it with fun predictions and play with your family and friends!
7. Colourful Wind Chime
Collect pebbles, twine, and old keys or bottle caps to create a colourful wind chime. Hang it up outside and enjoy the soothing sounds of the wind.
8. Funky Bookshelf
Gather old cardboard boxes and paint them in vibrant colours. Stack them up and arrange them to create your own unique bookshelf.
9. Recycled Towel Animals
Reuse old towels and turn them into cute animal shapes. This activity is great for teaching kids about recycling and being creative at the same time.
10. Rocky Turtle
Collect smooth pebbles and paint them to resemble turtles. Once dry, arrange them in a cute pattern to create your very own turtle family.
11. Colourful Pom-Poms
Create your own colourful pom-poms using yarn and a fork. These can be used for various crafts or simply as decorations.
12. Musical Box
Decorate an old tin box with paint, glitter, and stickers. Fill it with small objects that make different sounds and enjoy creating your own music.
13. Grass Boats
Create small boats using recycled materials like toilet paper rolls and twigs. Mow a small pathway in the grass and let the boats sail away!
14. DIY Whimsical Globe
Create your own whimsical globe using a clear glass jar, fake snow, and small figurines. This makes a great decorative piece for any room.
These DIY projects are not only a great way for the whole family to bond, but they also allow everyone to unleash their creativity and imagination. So, gather your supplies and get ready for some fun-filled and satisfying crafting time. Who knows, you might discover a new hobby or create something truly extraordinary!
Getting kids involved in DIY projects at an early age will help them gain confidence and skills they will put to good use later in life
Introducing children to DIY projects from a young age is a wonderful way to foster their creativity and imagination. By providing them with opportunities to make things with their own hands, you are helping them develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and independence. DIY projects also give children a sense of accomplishment, as they can see the progress they make and the final result of their hard work.
One fun and easy DIY project for kids is creating sensory bottles. All you need is a clear plastic bottle, water, and various small items to add to the bottle, such as sequins, glitter, or beads. The children can help fill the bottle with water and add the items they’ve gathered, creating a visually stimulating and calming sensory toy.
Another idea is to make matchbox crafts. These mini boxes can be transformed into anything the child’s imagination can come up with, ranging from simple pencil holders to miniature theater sets. This activity is both fun and inexpensive, as matchboxes are readily available and can be easily upcycled.
Sewing is another child-friendly DIY project that can help develop their fine motor skills. Start with simple sewing projects, such as stuffed animals or keyrings, and gradually progress to more complex projects. This will not only teach children how to sew, but it will also show them the value of patience and perseverance.
Woodworking is another great DIY project idea for kids. It provides them with the opportunity to work with their hands and create something tangible. From building birdhouses to making picture frames, woodworking fosters problem-solving skills and helps children understand the process of building something from scratch.
One exciting DIY project that children love is making slime. With just a few ingredients, such as glue, borax, and water, kids can create colorful and gooey slime. This activity encourages their creativity and imagination, as they can experiment with different colors and textures.
Creating decorative items for the home is another enjoyable DIY project. Children can make their own artwork, including paintings or drawings, that can be framed and displayed as part of the home décor. This not only allows children to express their creativity, but it also adds a personal touch to the living space and creates lasting memories.
DIY projects offer a wide range of activities that are both educational and entertaining for children. From painting rocks to making caterpillars out of recycled materials, children can let their imagination run wild and transform ordinary objects into works of art. DIY projects are a great way to spend quality time with your child while providing them with valuable skills and experiences that will benefit them for years to come.
So, why not gather some materials and get started on a fun DIY project with your child today? It’s a great way to bond, ignite their creativity, and create something special together. Who knows, you might just discover a new passion or talent along the way!
Create a Fairy Garden
If you’re looking for a fun and captivating indoor activity to keep your kids entertained, creating a fairy garden is the perfect choice. This craft idea allows children to use their imagination and creativity, while also bringing a touch of magic into their space.
To start, gather a small container or pot and some soil. You can also add some stones or pebbles to create a path or a little pond for the fairies. Next, find some native leaves and twigs to make miniature benches or swings for the fairy garden. You can also use small clothespins to create fairy wings or a crown for your favourite fairy character.
Once you have the basic setup, it’s time to get creative! Make miniature fairy houses using popsicle sticks, or even sticks and leaves. Decorate these houses with washi tape, paint, or markers to give them a modern and colourful touch. You can also make flower pot holders using wire or pipe cleaners, or even repurpose old shoe boxes as magical treasure chests.
To add some magical creatures to your garden, make animal figures out of clay or play dough. You can also use shrinky dinks to create tiny fairy ornaments or charms. Add some fake flowers or leaves for an extra touch of beauty.
Now, it’s time to bring your fairy garden to life! You can use small LED lights or battery-operated tea lights to create a magical glow. You can also make a fairy globe by filling a glass jar with water and adding glitter or sequins. Attach a toy fairy to the inside of the lid with clear string, and when you shake the jar, it will look like she’s flying.
For even more activities, you can create a magical fairy fortune teller using paper and markers. Or, make a kite using coloured paper and string to let your imagination soar. If you’re feeling adventurous, make firework drawings using pastels or scratch art. The possibilities are endless!
Creating a fairy garden is a wonderful way for children to express their creativity and imagination. It’s a frugal and homemade craft idea that will instantly elevate any space. Plus, it’s a great bonding activity for parents and kids to enjoy together. So, gather your materials and get ready to enter a world of magic and wonder with your very own fairy garden.
Try Marble Art
Marble art is a trendy and messy art activity that will keep your kids entertained for hours. All you need is a few simple materials and you can create beautiful and colorful marble paintings.
To make marble art, you will need a shallow container, such as a feeder tray or a couple of shallow dishes. Fill the container with water and add a few drops of liquid food coloring in different colors. Better to choose colors that will match the theme of your kid’s bedroom. Then, using a toothpick or a wooden skewer, gently mix the colors to create a marble-like pattern on the surface of the water.
Slowly place a piece of paper on top of the water, making sure that the entire surface of the paper touches the water. Then, carefully lift the paper from one corner and see the beautiful marble pattern transferring onto the paper. Let the paper dry completely and marvel at the unique artwork your child has created.
This activity is not only a fun way for kids to explore their creativity, but it also teaches them about color mixing and patterns. Plus, the finished artwork can be proudly displayed on the wall or given as a homemade and inexpensive gift.
Marble art can also be done outdoors, adding a festive touch to your porch or garden. And if you want to get even more creative, you can try making marble art on other materials, such as fabric or even wooden birdhouses. The possibilities are endless!
So, next time your children are bored and looking for something fun to do, consider trying marble art. It’s a craft activity that will keep them entertained and create lasting memories.
Build a Bookcase
If your child always has their head buried in a book, why not create a special bookcase just for them? This easy craft project is a fun way to engage your child’s creativity and encourage their love for reading. It’s also a great way to recycle old wooden materials, giving them a new purpose.
To create this bookcase, you’ll need the following materials:
- Wooden planks or boards
- Metallic screws
- Drill with drill bits
- Measuring tape
- Paint or varnish (optional)
Once you have everything ready, follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Measure and mark the desired height and width of your bookcase on the wooden planks.
Step 2: Use a saw to cut the planks according to your measurements. Remember to measure twice to avoid any mistakes.
Step 3: Sand the edges and surfaces of the planks to ensure they are smooth and free from any splinters.
Step 4: If preferred, paint or varnish the wooden planks to give them a lovely finish. Allow them to dry completely.
Step 5: Arrange the planks to form the basic structure of your bookcase. Make sure they are aligned and use metallic screws to secure them together.
Step 6: Drill pilot holes before inserting the screws to prevent the wood from splitting.
Step 7: Use additional planks to create shelves in your bookcase. Space them out evenly and secure them with screws.
Step 8: If you want to add a decorative touch, you can use twine or rope to create a back support for the bookcase. This not only looks great but also helps to stabilize the structure.
Step 9: Once everything is assembled, you can elevate the bookcase by attaching wooden blocks to the bottom, or simply place it on a stable surface.
Step 10: Now it’s time to fill your bookcase with your child’s favorite books! Arrange them in a rainbow or alphabetical order to add a fun visual element.
This DIY bookcase project not only provides an engaging activity for your child, but it also allows them to showcase their favorite reads in a personalized way. You can also add some sweet touches like painting or adding stickers to the bookcase to give it a unique vibe. This craft is a great way to encourage your child’s love for reading and create a special space just for them.
Construct a Treehouse
If you’re looking for a small and trendy craft idea that will keep your kids entertained for hours, why not construct a native treehouse together? The size of the treehouse should depend on the available space and the age of your child. You can simply use poms and outdoor grab sticks to create the structure. French previously suggested gathering fake leaves, flowers, and fake birds to make it look more eye-catching. In fact, you could print out funky and colorful designs to tape to the tree for added fun.
Another idea is to create a mini garden around the treehouse using a variety of rocks and flowers. Gather sticks and twine to make a fence, or choose a butterfly or seed ball crown for the top of the treehouse. If your child loves crafty projects, they can help arrange the flowers and stick them into the ground. This will not only add beauty to the treehouse but also provide a sensory area for your child to enjoy.
Whether you build the treehouse indoors or outdoors, it’s always a good idea to have a guide to follow. A quick search online will show you step-by-step instructions and recommendations for materials. You can even find websites where you can purchase treehouse kits if you’re not confident in your crafting skills.
During the summer months, the treehouse can be a great place for your child to have fun and stay entertained. They can have picnics, read books, or simply relax in their own private area. You can also add some fun touches like disco balls or dream catchers to make it even more magical.
So gather your materials and get started on constructing the treehouse of your child’s dreams. They’ll adore having a space of their own, and you’ll love seeing their faces light up every time they step inside.
Painting stones is a great activity for kids, especially during the holidays when they have more free time. It allows them to unleash their creativity and create beautiful designs that will catch everyone’s eye. Plus, it’s a safe and engaging craft idea that can keep them entertained for hours.
When it comes to painting stones, the ideas are endless. Kids can paint the stones with vibrant colors and add fun details to create eye-catching designs. They can also paint patterns like flowers, rainbow, or even a kaleidoscope. The possibilities are endless!
One of the coolest things about painting stones is that they can be used not only indoors but also outdoors. Kids can create a wind chime using painted stones or even make a garden decoration. They can stack the painted stones to create a captivating piece of art or use them to line the flower pots.
To start painting stones, you’ll need some basic materials like acrylic paint, paintbrushes, and a clean towel. You can also use a carton or a piece of paper as a palette for mixing colors. It’s ideal to gather all the materials beforehand so that kids can start creating right away.
When kids start painting, they can let their imagination run wild. They can create animals, cartoon characters, or even little monsters. The details and colors they choose will depend on their creativity. They can also use different techniques like sponge painting or even stamping to create unique effects.
If you want to add an extra touch, you can use twine to wrap around the painted stones or even stitch some fluffy pompoms to make them even more eye-catching. The possibilities are endless, and kids will definitely enjoy the process of creating their own masterpieces.
What’s great about painting stones is that it allows kids to create something unique and make lasting memories. They can give their painted stones as gifts to friends or family members or use them to decorate their own rooms. Whichever way they choose to display their creations, it will always be a lovely accent piece.
So, if you’re looking for a creative and engaging activity for your kids, painting stones is definitely a great choice. It’s a fun and relaxing craft that allows kids to express their creativity and create something beautiful. Plus, it’s a craft that never gets old, and kids will always love grabbing a paintbrush and bringing their imagination to life on a simple stone.
Build a Cornhole Set
If your kids love outdoor activities, making their own cornhole set can be a fun and fulfilling project. Cornhole is a popular game that involves throwing bags filled with corn or sand into a hole on a raised platform. By constructing their own set, kids can practice their woodworking skills and enjoy hours of entertainment with family and friends.
To start, you will need the following materials:
- 2×4 wood boards
- Measuring tape
- Paint and brushes
First, cut the plywood into two 2×4 feet pieces. These will serve as the playing surfaces. Then, cut four 2×4 boards to the length of 2 feet each. Attach two of these boards to the longer sides of the plywood to create the base. Screw them securely into place. Next, cut four additional boards to the length of 4 feet each. Attach these to the shorter sides of the plywood to create the backboard. Again, screw them securely into place.
Once the basic structure is complete, sand all surfaces to ensure a smooth finish. This will prevent any splinters while playing. After sanding, you can paint the cornhole set in any colours or designs your kids prefer. Let them get creative and have fun adding their personal touch to the project.
To play the game, set up the cornhole boards at a distance from each other. Give each player a set of bags filled with corn or sand. The objective is to throw the bags into the hole on the opposite board. Each bag that goes through the hole earns three points, while bags landing on the board earn one point. The player or team with the most points wins the game.
Building a cornhole set is not only a great way for kids to develop their woodworking skills, but it also encourages outdoor play and friendly competition. It provides a space for them to socialize with friends and family, creating lasting memories. So, gather the materials and start building your own cornhole set today!
Make a Bird Feeder or Birdhouse
If your kids are interested in nature and love animals, they will adore the idea of making a bird feeder or birdhouse. This crafty project is not only fun but also educational, as it teaches kids about the native birds in your area and encourages them to observe and interact with nature.
To make a bird feeder, you’ll need some basic materials such as a recycled plastic bottle, scissors, twine or rope, and birdseed. Start by washing the plastic bottle and removing any labels. Cut a small hole near the bottom of the bottle and poke two holes near the top. Thread a piece of twine or rope through the holes at the top and tie it securely, creating a hanging loop. Fill the bottle with birdseed through the hole at the top, and your bird feeder is ready to hang in your garden!
If you want to take your bird project a step further, you can also make a birdhouse. You’ll need some gathering supplies like rocks or branches, a small box or matchbox, paints, and glue. Start by painting the box or matchbox using your preferred colors and designs. Once the paint is dry, it’s time to assemble the birdhouse. Glue rocks or small branches onto the box to create texture and a more natural look. Make sure to leave a small opening for the birds to enter. Finally, attach a piece of twine or rope to hang the birdhouse, and place it in a tree or on a pole in your garden.
When looking for inspiration for your bird feeder or birdhouse, you can consider different themes. For example, you can create a rainbow bird feeder by painting the plastic bottle with bright colors, or a mermaid birdhouse by using shells and sea-themed decorations. The possibilities are endless, and remember to let your imagination run wild!
Not only will making a bird feeder or birdhouse provide a stylish addition to your garden, but it will also attract a variety of wild birds. It’s a great way to create a welcoming environment for native birds and provide them with a source of food and shelter. Plus, you and your little ones will always remember the fun time spent together making these unique creations.
Create a LEGO Table
If your kids love building with LEGOs, why not create a special table where they can let their imagination run wild? This DIY project is perfect for repurposing an old piece of furniture or even an unused table. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you create a LEGO table that your little ones will love:
- Find a table: Look for a table that is the right size for your kids to comfortably build on. It could be an old coffee table, end table, or even a small desk.
- Prepare the table: Remove any drawers or loose pieces from the table and give it a good cleaning.
- Add a LEGO base plate: Purchase a large LEGO base plate or create one by gluing multiple regular-sized base plates together. Attach the base plate to the table using strong adhesive.
- Organize the LEGO storage: Create designated storage areas for different types of LEGO pieces. You can use small plastic containers or repurpose old jars or tins.
- Get creative with the table’s design: You can add a splash of color to the table by painting it with your kids’ preferred colors or adding decals of their favorite LEGO characters.
- Add accessories: Make the table even more fun by adding decorations like LEGO-themed lamps or hanging lanterns. You can also create small homemade creatures or sheep to place on the table to make it more interactive.
- Create a LEGO display: Reserve a corner of the table to showcase your kids’ finished LEGO projects. This will give them a sense of accomplishment and encourage them to build even more.
- Earn some extra LEGO bricks: Encourage your kids to complete certain tasks or chores to earn extra LEGO bricks. For example, they can earn a brick for each book they read or for every completed artwork.
- Engage in other LEGO activities: Use the table as a platform for other LEGO-related activities. For example, you can create a LEGO maze or a LEGO marble run using a cardboard and some marbles.
- Enjoy the experience: Sit down with your kids and join in on the LEGO building fun. This will not only strengthen the bond between you and your kids but also create wonderful memories.
Creating a LEGO table at home is a great way to encourage creativity, problem-solving, and fine motor skills in your kids. They will have hours of fun building and playing with their LEGO creations on their very own LEGO table.
Build a Jewelry Box
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft idea that your child will love, why not build a jewelry box together? It’s a great way to spend quality time with your little one while also creating a practical and beautiful piece of art.
Start by gathering some materials, such as a small wooden tray or box, acrylic paint, paintbrushes, and any decorative items you’d like to add, such as pebbles, twigs, or pompoms. You can find inexpensive trays at your local craft store or even repurpose an old t-shirt box.
First, you’ll want to paint the inside and outside of the tray or box with your chosen colors. You can create a simple design or get creative with patterns and shapes. Let your child’s imagination run wild!
Next, it’s time to add the fun and personal touch to the jewelry box. Let your child choose their favorite decorative items, like pebbles or twigs, and help them glue them onto the box using craft glue or a hot glue gun (if you’re comfortable using one). This is a great opportunity for your child to express their creativity and make the jewelry box their own.
Once all the decorations are in place, let the box dry for a few minutes. Meanwhile, you can help your child assemble small dividers inside the box by cutting pieces of colored cardboard and attaching them with craft glue or tape. This will create separate sections to store different types of jewelry.
If you want to make the box even more special, you can add some cute details like painted flowers or a butterfly. You can find printable templates online or try drawing them yourself. Just make sure to waterproof any paper decorations or paintings so they don’t get damaged.
Once the jewelry box is complete, your child will be amazed at their own handiwork. This is a great opportunity for them to learn about patience, creativity, and the pride of creating something from start to finish. They can proudly show off their jewelry box to friends and family, and it will surely become one of their favorite possessions.
Building a jewelry box is not only a fun and frugal craft idea, but it also has a calming and relaxing effect. You and your child will enjoy the process of creating something beautiful while spending quality time together. So gather your materials and let the magic of crafting create a special bond between you and your child.
Creating your own curtains can be a fun and creative project for kids. This craft works best with an open space and requires adult supervision.
- Fabric of your choice
- Curtain rod or tension rod
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Measure the window where you want to hang the curtains. Add a few inches to the width for gathering and hemming.
- Cut the fabric to the desired size. It can be a solid color, or you can get creative and paint it or add suncatcher designs.
- Decorate the fabric using fabric paints, markers, or any other art supplies your child loves.
- Once the fabric is dry, fold the top edge over and sew a casing for the curtain rod to go through. Alternatively, you can use curtain clips or make small holes for the tension rod.
- Use the pins to mark where you want the curtain to hang. Place the pins a few inches below the desired final length, as curtains tend to shrink a bit when washed.
- If using a sewing machine, sew along the marked line. If sewing by hand, use a needle and thread to stitch the hem.
- Hang the curtains on the curtain rod or tension rod and adjust the length as needed.
Now you have your very own homemade curtains! Your child will love seeing their crafty creations hanging in their room. Plus, making curtains can be a cheap way to add a personalized touch to your home décor. Enjoy!
Try String Art
If you’re looking for a creative and fun craft project to do at home, try string art! String art is a craft that involves creating beautiful pictures or designs by wrapping string around nails or pins. It’s a simple yet stunning way to create unique artwork that can be displayed in your home.
To create string art, you’ll need a few basic materials: nails or pins, a wooden board or canvas, a hammer, and some colorful string. You can find all of these items at your local craft store or order them online.
Start by planning out your design. You can find printable templates online or create your own. Once you have your design, mark where you want to place your nails or pins on the wooden board or canvas. Use a hammer to gently tap the nails or pins into place, making sure they are secure.
Once all of your nails or pins are in place, you’re ready to start stringing! Tie one end of your string to a nail or pin and begin wrapping it around the nails or pins to create your desired design. You can use different colors of string to add more visual interest.
String art is a great craft project for both kids and adults. It’s a fun and relaxing activity that can be completed in just a few minutes or over the course of a few hours. Plus, the end result is always a gorgeous piece of artwork that you can proudly display in your home or give as a gift.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to string art. You can create anything from simple geometric shapes to intricate designs like a kaleidoscope or crown. You can even use string art to spell out words or create a silhouette of your favorite animal or object.
If you’re feeling extra creative, you can also incorporate other materials into your string art. Consider adding buttons, beads, or small wooden shapes to your design to give it even more texture and visual interest.
String art is a craft that has been around for decades and has recently become popular again. There are even books and online tutorials dedicated to teaching you different string art techniques and designs.
So, next time you’re looking for a fun and inexpensive craft project to do at home, give string art a try! You’ll be amazed at how quickly you can create a beautiful piece of artwork that will instantly brighten up any space.
Construct a Toy Box
If your child loves animals and enjoys collecting pebbles, consider making a homemade toy box shaped like a bright green frog. This craft project is a fantastic way to develop their woodworking skills and unleash their creativity.
To begin, gather the following materials:
- A wooden box or crate
- Green paint
- A strip of green fabric
- A couple of toothpicks
- A small hoop
Start by painting the wooden box or crate with bright green paint. Allow it to dry completely.
Next, use the pebbles to create a gorgeous frog face on the front of the box. Be creative with the placement of the pebbles to make it look like a genuine frog.
Then, cut a strip of green fabric long enough to go around the box and attach it using glue or small nails. This will create the frog’s body.
Take the toothpicks and carefully insert them into the top of the box to create the frog’s crown. Bend the toothpicks slightly to give them a realistic shape.
Finally, attach the small hoop to one side of the box using glue or nails. This will serve as a handle for easy carrying.
Your homemade frog toy box is now complete! Your child can use it to store their toys or any other personal items. It’s a fun and creative addition to their room’s décor.
For step-by-step instructions, you can find several tutorials online or in crafting books. There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of building something with your own hands, and this project is perfect for any budding DIYer or crafty child.
Later on, you can even customize the toy box with your child’s favorite superhero or painted designs. The possibilities are endless!
Make a Terrarium
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft activity that also doubles as a unique piece of living décor, making a terrarium is the perfect choice. This age-old art of creating miniature gardens in glass containers has become a popular trend in recent years, and it’s easy to see why.
One of the best things about making a terrarium is that it can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. Younger children can have fun picking out their favorite tiny plants and arranging them in a glass container, while older kids can get creative with larger plants, rocks, and even small figures to create their own unique scenes.
You don’t need a green thumb to make a terrarium – in fact, this activity works well for those who may not have had much luck with plants in the past. Terrariums are self-contained ecosystems, which means they require very little maintenance. Just place your plants in a glass container, and they will create their own mini rainbows with the sunlight filtering through the leaves.
To make a terrarium, you’ll need a few basic supplies. Start with a clear glass container like a jar or a fishbowl. You can find these at your local store or even repurpose something you already have at home, like an old cookie jar or a shoe. Next, gather some potting soil, rocks or pebbles, and some small plants. Ferns and succulents are popular choices for terrariums because they don’t require much water and can thrive in a closed environment.
Now comes the fun part – decorating your terrarium! You can add all sorts of personal touches to make it your own. Use coloured sand to create layers or add in some funky buttons or fluffy balls to create a whimsical look. You can even use small figures or lego to create scenes or build sculptures. The only limit is your imagination.
Once you’ve decorated your terrarium, place it in an area with indirect sunlight, like a windowsill or a side table. You’ll want to water it lightly every few weeks, and if you notice any condensation on the glass, remove the lid for a day to let the excess moisture evaporate.
Not only will making a terrarium keep kids entertained for hours, but it also makes a great gift. You can even create festive terrariums for different occasions, like using pastels and Easter-themed decorations or adding metallic accents for a New Year’s Eve party. The possibilities are endless.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and creative craft activity that also doubles as a unique piece of living décor, give terrarium making a try. It’s an age-old art form that has stood the test of time and is sure to bring a little bit of nature and imagination into your home.
50+ fun art and craft ideas for kids to make at home
Looking for some creative and engaging art and craft ideas to keep your kids entertained at home? Look no further! We’ve put together a list of over 50 fun activities that your children will love. Whether they enjoy painting, drawing, or creating something with their hands, we’ve got you covered.
Décor and Accessories
- Create colorful pom-pom garlands to hang in their bedrooms or play areas.
- Make cute animal-shaped marshmallow pops as sweet treats or decorations.
- Design and decorate picture frames using sticks, twine, and other materials.
- Reuse old jars and pots to make unique and colorful pencil holders.
- Create playful bunting using colored paper and twine to hang in their rooms.
- Decorate plain cloth bags with fabric markers or paint for a personalized touch.
- Paint rocks to create lovely garden decorations or pet rock pals.
- Design and paint a colorful outdoor spider web using sticks and string.
- Make beautiful rainbow wind chimes using colorful ribbons and beads.
- Create seed bombs with native flower seeds to attract wildlife to your garden.
- Build a birdhouse using popsicle sticks and paint it in bright colors.
- Design a nature-inspired dream catcher using twigs, feathers, and beads.
Crafts and Artistic Activities
- Get creative with finger painting and create colorful abstract masterpieces.
- Make beautiful tissue paper flowers to decorate the house or give as gifts.
- Create a mini theater using cardboard boxes and puppets made from paper bags.
- Make your own DIY playdough using flour, salt, and food coloring.
- Decorate plain paper lanterns with paints and markers for a magical effect.
- Create woven paper baskets using strips of colored paper and glue.
Art from Everyday Materials
- Transform toilet paper rolls into adorable and colorful animal characters.
- Create beautiful, abstract artworks using melted crayons on canvas.
- Make stunning French-knot wall hangings using colored threads and cloth.
- Reuse cereal boxes to make homemade bookmarks with personalized designs.
- Build a dreamy snow globe using a jar, water, glitter, and small figurines.
- Make lovely paper plate masks using paints, feathers, and other craft supplies.
With these fun and affordable art and craft ideas, your kids will never be bored again. Whether they enjoy drawing, painting, or creating something with their hands, there’s something on this list for everyone. So roll up your sleeves, gather your materials, and let the creativity flow!
50+ best arts and crafts ideas for kids
If your child loves art and craft activities, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we have compiled a list of over 50 amazing arts and crafts ideas that your kids will absolutely enjoy making at home.
1. DIY Boats: Let your child’s imagination set sail by creating their very own boat using materials you already have around the house.
2. Share the Love: Craft a heart-shaped card or a friendship bracelet to show someone special just how much you care.
3. Porch Native: Get inspired by nature and create something beautiful using leaves, pinecones, and other natural materials found in your backyard.
4. Published Author: Help your aspiring writer create their own storybook by making a homemade book and illustrating it with their own artwork.
5. Clay Pots: Get your hands dirty and have fun shaping clay into pots or sculptures. Let your child’s creativity run wild!
6. Dream Catchers: Use yarn, beads, and feathers to make colorful dream catchers that will bring good dreams to your child’s sleep.
7. Rolled Paper Art: Teach your child how to create intricate designs by rolling strips of colored paper into beautiful pictures.
8. Best of the Flowers: Press flowers between pages of a heavy book to preserve their beauty and create stunning artwork.
9. Burlap Art: Experiment with painting or stenciling on burlap to create unique and rustic pieces of art.
10. Melted Crayon Art: Let your child be amazed as they watch crayons melt and blend together to create vibrant and abstract masterpieces.
11. Pirate Treasure: Get into the spirit of adventure by making pirate-themed crafts like hats, eye patches, or even a treasure map.
12. Soap Carving: Use soap bars to carve out fun shapes or even mini sculptures. It’s a great sensory activity!
13. French Knitting: Introduce your child to the art of creating knitted items using just a spool and some yarn.
14. Dinosaur World: Create a prehistoric scene with homemade clay dinosaurs and a landscape made from paper and natural materials.
15. Twig Craft: Take a nature walk to collect twigs and use them to make beautiful and rustic artwork.
16. Metallic Magic: Use metallic paints and markers to add a touch of shine to your child’s artistic creations.
17. Fortune Teller: Show your child how to construct a paper fortune teller, a classic craft that provides hours of playful fun.
18. Lantern Making: Brighten up your home with homemade lanterns made from recycled materials like jars or tin cans.
19. Lots of Plates: Let your child’s imagination run wild by decorating plain white plates with colored markers.
20. Pipe Cleaner Creations: Bend and twist pipe cleaners into all sorts of fun shapes and creatures.
21. Colored Rice Art: Dye rice with different colors and use it to create textured and colorful artwork.
22. Indoor Disco: Create a disco ball using recycled materials and have a mini dance party in your own living room.
23. Construction Paper Crafts: Cut, glue, and create amazing artworks using construction paper, the crafty possibilities are endless!
24. Life in a Jar: Create mini terrariums or create a mini ecosystem in a jar to teach your child about plant life.
25. Trash to Treasure: Collect recyclables like cardboard tubes, bottle caps, and yogurt containers to make unique works of art.
26. Around the World: Explore different cultures by creating crafts inspired by art from around the world.
27. Marble Painting: Dip marbles in paint and roll them in a box to create unique and captivating artwork.
28. Real or Fake: Use materials like tissue paper and paint to create realistic or fake flowers that will brighten up any space.
29. Treehouse Dreams: Make a model treehouse using sticks, twigs, and other natural materials.
30. Stick Art: Collect sticks and twigs to create beautiful and rustic artwork.
31. Material Magic: Use fabric scraps to create dolls, stuffed animals, or even unique pieces of textile art.
32. What a Catch!: Create colorful wind catchers using paper and string to add a pop of color to your outdoor area.
33. Go Native: Teach your child about native crafts by creating artwork inspired by indigenous cultures.
34. Captivating Lights: Make stunning lanterns using mason jars, tissue paper, and LED lights.
35. French Knitting: Introduce your child to the art of creating knitted items using just a spool and some yarn.
36. Keep it Playful: Use colored clay or playdough to create fun and imaginative sculptures and figures.
37. Trash to Treasure: Teach your child about recycling by making crafts out of items that would otherwise be thrown away.
38. Twine Art: Use twine or string to create unique and textured pieces of artwork.
39. Disco Fun: Make a disco ball using recycled materials and have a mini dance party in your own living room.
40. Indoor Rock Painting: Turn ordinary rocks into colorful works of art using paint and markers.
41. Trash to Toys: Use recycled materials to create fun and interactive toys for your child.
42. Crafty Lights: Make beautiful and unique lamps using recycled materials.
43. Marble Art: Dip marbles in paint and roll them on paper to create beautiful and abstract designs.
44. The Magic of Soap: Create homemade soap bars in different shapes, colors, and scents.
45. Indoor Treehouse: Use cardboard boxes and other materials to create a mini treehouse for your child’s dolls or action figures.
46. Trash to Props: Turn recyclables into props for imaginative play, like a princess crown or a knight’s shield.
47. Stick Art: Design and create frames and wall hangings using twigs, sticks, and other natural materials.
48. Trash to Garden: Turn old containers and bottles into beautiful planters for your child’s favorite flowers.
49. Fake or Real: Use colored paper and fake flowers to create beautiful floral arrangements that will never wilt.
50. Trash to Art: Get creative with items that would normally be thrown away, and turn them into unique works of art.
Remember, the best arts and crafts activities are ones that allow your child to explore their creativity and have fun. So, pick an idea that sparks their interest and let the crafting adventure begin!
1 Bubble painting
If you’re looking for a creative and fun art activity to do with your kids, bubble painting is a great choice. This trendy craft is easy to set up and provides hours of entertainment for children of all ages.
To get started, you’ll need a few simple materials. First, find a place outside where you can make a mess without worrying about cleanup. Next, gather some liquid soap, water, and food coloring or liquid watercolors. Mix the soap and water together in a shallow container, and add a few drops of your chosen colors.
Once your bubble mixture is ready, you can start making beautiful bubble prints. Dip a straw, pencil, or even a bubble wand into the mixture, and blow gently to create bubbles. As the bubbles rise, they will form colorful shapes and figures on the paper.
This activity is not only fun for kids, but it also allows them to explore their artistic side. They can experiment with different bubble sizes and shapes to create unique paintings. They can also use their hands or objects like straws to make bubble prints.
If you want to make it more interesting, you can try adding other materials to the bubble mixture. For example, you can add some glitter or metallic paint to make your bubble art shine. You can also try using different types of paper, such as tissue paper or watercolor paper, to see how the bubbles interact with the surface.
One cool idea is to create bubble lanterns. Simply blow bubbles onto a piece of paper and let them dry. Then, cut out the painted bubbles and glue them around a small LED light. This will create a beautiful lantern that can be used to decorate your child’s room.
Another fun idea is to use bubble painting to make homemade greeting cards. Let your child blow bubbles onto a piece of cardstock, then press another piece of cardstock onto the bubbles to create bubble prints. Once the prints are dry, your child can cut out shapes or create animals or creatures from the prints to make unique greeting cards.
One of the best things about bubble painting is that it can be done with materials you likely already have around the house. It’s a frugal craft that doesn’t require a lot of fancy supplies. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover dish soap!
This activity is also a hit with toddlers. They will love watching the bubbles pop and seeing the colors appear on the paper. It’s a simple sensory experience that is both entertaining and educational.
Whether you’re a mom, dad, teacher, or handyman, bubble painting is a fun activity that will keep kids engaged and excited. So grab your bubble mixture and get started on your own bubble painting adventure!
2 Cardboard castle
When it comes to bright and chic DIY projects for kids, a cardboard castle is a must-try! With just a few simple materials, they’re able to create their very own magical kingdom.
All you need are some cardboard boxes, scissors, tape, and markers. The little ones can let their imagination run wild as they design and decorate their very own castle. They can use old tins as towers, add magic with confetti and glitter, and even make a variety of other castle-themed decorations.
If they’re into dinosaurs, they can fashion a dinosaur castle using cardboard boxes. If they prefer a more rustic feel, they can use burlap and leaves to create a castle in a forest. The possibilities are endless!
Once the cardboard castle is finished, it would already be an eye-catching piece of art. But if they want even more pizzazz, they can add paint, stickers, or other colorful materials to make it truly stand out.
A cardboard castle can be a fun project to do in the classroom as well. Young students can work together to construct a castle out of cardboard boxes and sticks. They can even sew a colorful bunting using twine or yarn to decorate the castle walls.
Creating a cardboard castle not only boosts a child’s creativity, but it also helps build their confidence. They can see their ideas and hard work come to life, earning a sense of accomplishment.
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and engaging DIY project for your kids, consider making a cardboard castle. It’s a great way to spend some quality time together and ignite their imagination!
3 Rainbow rice
If you’re looking for a fun and colorful sensory activity that kids will absolutely love, rainbow rice is the way to go! It’s easy to make and provides hours of entertainment. Plus, it’s a great way to introduce colors to younger children and help develop fine motor skills.
To make rainbow rice, you’ll need white rice, food coloring, and a few Ziploc bags. Start by dividing the rice into several Ziploc bags, one for each color of the rainbow. Add a few drops of food coloring to each bag and seal it tightly. Then, have your kids shake, squish, and toss the bags to mix the colors and coat the rice evenly.
Once the rice is dry, you can use it in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas:
Rainbow Rice Slime: Mix the rainbow rice with some clear glue and watch it transform into a mesmerizing and colorful slime.
Rainbow Rice Sensory Bins: Place the rainbow rice in a large container or sensory bin and let your kids explore its texture with their hands. Add small toys or objects for them to discover and hide.
Rainbow Rice Bottle Holders: Fill empty water bottles or plastic containers with layers of rainbow rice to create colorful homemade shakers and sensory bottles.
Rainbow Rice Crafts: Use rainbow rice as an art material to create colorful collages, mosaics, or even sand art by gluing it onto a piece of paper or cardboard. You can also use toothpicks to draw in the rice or make shapes.
Rainbow Rice Play: Let your child’s imagination run wild with pretend play using rainbow rice. They can build sandcastles, make sand volcanoes, or create their own rice-filled sensory bins.
The possibilities with rainbow rice are endless and it’s a versatile material to have on hand for both fun and educational activities. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy activity for a rainy day, a classroom project, or something to keep the kids entertained during a long car ride, rainbow rice is the perfect choice!
4 DIY paper strip rainbows
If you’re looking for a fun and colorful craft project to do with your kids, why not try making some DIY paper strip rainbows? These simple and versatile crafts are perfect for all ages and can be made with materials that you likely already have at home.
To create these paper strip rainbows, all you need are some magazines or colored paper, scissors, glue, and a pencil. Simply cut the paper into thin strips and then shape them into arches to create the rainbow. You can mix and match different colors and patterns to create a unique and colorful design.
One fun variation of this craft is to use disco or glitter paper to create a sparkly rainbow. This is especially fun for kids who love all things shiny. You can also add some buttons or sequins to the rainbow to give it a bit more texture and dimension.
In addition to using strips of paper, you can also use other materials to create a unique rainbow. For example, you could use a small bottle or a matchbox to create a 3D rainbow shape. Another option is to create a 3D rainbow scene by cutting out different shapes from colored paper and gluing them to a background.
If you’re feeling extra crafty, you can even create a rainbow wind spinner or a rainbow kite. These outdoor crafts are a great way to enjoy the sunshine while creating something beautiful. Just be sure to follow any necessary safety precautions and have adult supervision if needed.
While making these DIY paper strip rainbows, it’s always satisfying to see the finished product. These colorful and cheerful decorations can brighten up any room and make a great addition to your home decor. You can hang them on the wall or use them as a centerpiece for a special occasion.
Whether you’re a parent looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, or you’re a teacher looking for a creative art project, these paper strip rainbows are sure to be a hit. They are easy to make, versatile, and can be customized to fit any theme or occasion.
So grab your scissors and glue, and get ready to create some colorful and fun paper strip rainbows. Your kids will love helping out and the end result will be a lovely and eye-catching craft that everyone will admire.
5 Seed bombs
Seed bombs are mini balls of rolled soil and clay packed with age-old gardening techniques. They are a fun and creative way for kids to learn about nature and help the environment. Seed bombs contain a mixture of seeds that, when planted, will give rise to beautiful plants. Kids will be amazed to watch their seed bombs grow into eye-catching flowers and plants.
To make seed bombs, you’ll need some basic materials including soil, clay, and seed mixtures. They can be made using recycled materials, which is a preferred choice for many eco-conscious families. Kids can open their eyes to browse and collect various seeds, including flowers and plants found around their homes or during outdoor adventures.
One popular method for making seed bombs is to mix the soil and clay together with water to form a smooth, malleable texture. Kids can then use their hands to shape small balls. Another approach is to place the soil, clay, and seeds into a mold to create unique shapes such as stars or hearts.
Once the seed bombs are formed, they need to dry and harden. Kids can place them on a tray or hang them up to air dry. The seed bombs can also be placed in the oven to speed up the drying process. When they are completely dry, they are ready to be used or gifted.
The seed bombs can be launched into gardens or other desired locations. Kids can earn the satisfaction of watching their seed bombs grow into beautiful plants. They are a fantastic alternative to traditional gardening methods and can be a fun activity for kids of all ages.
Seed bombs are a versatile and inexpensive way to create eye-catching gardens. They can be used in a variety of settings, including outdoor tables, treehouses, or even hung up as festive lights. Kids can grab their seed bombs and plant them inside a burlap sack or throw them into a ball pit for a unique twist.
When the seed bombs are ready to be used, your child will be amazed by the instant transformation they bring to any space. The sight of flowers and plants springing up from the seed bombs will bring a real sense of accomplishment and confidence.
So, next time you’re looking for a captivating and hands-on activity for your kids, consider making seed bombs. They are easy to make, require minimal cleanup, and provide endless opportunities for creativity. Kids will love the process of making seed bombs and feel a sense of pride when they see their creations come to life.
Seed bombs are a wonderful way to introduce kids to the world of gardening and nature while also providing a fun and engaging activity. Whether you’re looking to create a beautiful garden or just want to spend some quality time with your child, seed bombs are a great idea.
6 Fake snow
If you’re looking for a sweet and fun project, making fake snow is a great idea. It can be used for various crafts and activities and can make your home look like a winter wonderland. Plus, it’s a great way to keep the kids entertained during holidays or weekends.
To make fake snow, you’ll need a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. Mix equal parts of baking soda and shaving cream in a bowl until you get a dough-like consistency. You should add the shaving cream slowly and mix it in, so the snow doesn’t become too wet.
Once you’ve made your fake snow, you can get creative and use it in various ways. Here are a few ideas:
|1. Snow globe scene: Use a clear plastic container, like a jar or a fishbowl, and create a winter scene inside with the fake snow, miniature trees, and toy animals.||2. Fake snowman: Mold the fake snow into balls to create a snowman. Use small objects like buttons or pebbles for the eyes, nose, and buttons.|
|3. Snowy shoes: Apply the fake snow to a pair of old shoes to give them a wintery look. Allow the snow to dry, and then brush off any excess.||4. Snowy porch: Sprinkle the fake snow lightly on your front porch or steps to give them a winter feel. It will be eye-catching and inviting.|
|5. Fake snowball fight: Fill a bucket with fake snowballs and have a fun snowball fight with your friends or family.||6. Indoor snowball toss: Create targets using colored plates, and have a snowball toss game indoors. You can assign points to different colors to make it more exciting.|
These are just a few examples of what you can do with fake snow. The possibilities are endless, and you can let your imagination run wild. Whether you’re a DIYer or just looking for a fun and creative activity, fake snow is a great option that allows you to personalize your crafts and experiments.
So, get ready to elevate your crafting game with some fake snow and let your creativity shine. Your kids (and you!) will have tons of fun bringing their winter dreams to life, and you’ll have some captivating crafts and decor to show off.
7 Fairy garden ideas
Creating a fairy garden is a fun and imaginative project for kids to indulge in. These miniature gardens are full of magic and wonder, and kids will love designing and creating their very own fairy wonderland. Here are seven fairy garden ideas to spark your creativity:
|1. Bottle Fairy House||Using an empty plastic bottle, cut out a door and windows for the fairy house. Paint the bottle with bright colors and decorate it with leaves and flowers. Fill the bottle with soil and plant some small plants or flowers around it. This magical fairy house will surely be a delightful addition to any garden.|
|2. Seed Roll Garden||Take a piece of carpet roll and cut it into small sections. Fill these sections with soil and sprinkle some flower seeds on top. Roll the sections and tie them with a ribbon. Once the seeds grow, unroll the sections and watch as your fairy garden comes to life.|
|3. DIY Fairy Chime||Make an enchanting fairy chime with colorful beads, threads, and bells. String the beads and bells together, and hang them in your garden or near your fairy house. The chime will add a musical touch to your magical garden.|
|4. Fairy Catchers||Create cute fairy catchers using embroidery hoops. Decorate the hoops with ribbons, flowers, and beads. Hang them in your garden and watch as they capture the fairy magic.|
|5. Caterpillar Friends||Make adorable caterpillar pals using pompoms and small googly eyes. Glue the pompoms together and attach the eyes. Place them in your fairy garden for some colorful company.|
|6. Firefly Jars||Make homemade firefly jars using small bottles and glow-in-the-dark paint. Paint the inside of the bottles with the paint and let them dry. Once it gets dark, the jars will light up like fireflies, creating a magical atmosphere.|
|7. Pallet Fairy Garden||Use an old wooden pallet to create a fairy garden. Attach small pots or boxes to the pallet and fill them with soil and plants. Add small fairy figurines, mini birdhouses, and other decorative items. This pallet fairy garden will be a unique and whimsical addition to your outdoor space.|
These fairy garden ideas will surely provide hours of fun and creativity for your kids. Whether they prefer to work with natural materials like seeds and flower pots or get crafty with beads and fabric, there is something for everyone to enjoy. So grab your materials and start creating your own magical fairy garden!
Slime is a whimsical and playful craft that kids of all ages enjoy making. It’s a great activity to do on the porch on a relaxing afternoon or during a rainy day inside. Kids love the feel of the slime and the various textures they can create by adding different ingredients. Whether they want to make a mermaid slime with glitter or a colorful slime with bubbles, there are endless possibilities for them to explore.
One of the most preferred slimes is the glitter slime, where they can arrange an assortment of colors and glitter to create a sparkly masterpiece. Another fantastic slime to make is the small world slime, where they can add small toys and figurines to create a scene from their favorite book or movie. Once the slime is melted and mixed, they can catch the toys and arrange them in a personal and wild way.
Slime making is a messy but fun experience that kids will surely enjoy. They can add different accents like pebbles, flowers, or grass to create a realistic outdoor scene. They can also create suncatchers by hanging the slime on a twig and adding colorful wool or recycled materials. This will give their slime a unique and artistic touch.
To add some whimsical vibe to their slime, kids can create their own slime theater. They can make origami characters, animals, and plants to assemble a variety of scenes. They can also launch their own slime bubbles and see how high they can make them stand. The possibilities are endless when it comes to slime making.
Overall, slime is a fun and creative craft that kids can enjoy making at home. It doesn’t require expensive materials and can be done with items you already have around the house. So gather your supplies and get ready to have the most fantastic slime-making experience ever!
9 Fluffy slime
If your kids are getting bored at home and need a fun and relaxing activity to do, making fluffy slime is the perfect solution. Fluffy slime is a popular craft that kids love because it’s easy to make and provides hours of entertainment.
To make fluffy slime, you’ll need a few basic ingredients that you probably already have at home, such as glue, laundry detergent, and shaving cream. Simply mix the ingredients together in a bowl and watch as the slime instantly forms before your eyes. You can add in fun additions like glitter or food coloring to make your slime even more exciting.
Fluffy slime is a versatile craft that can be shaped and molded into all sorts of fun creations. Kids can use their imagination to create anything from animals to keyrings to garden decorations. They can even use it as a stress-reliever by squeezing and stretching the slime. The possibilities are endless!
Making fluffy slime is not only a fun activity, but it also helps kids develop their fine motor skills and encourages creativity. They can learn how to measure and mix ingredients, follow instructions, and problem-solve if their slime doesn’t turn out the way they planned.
If you’re looking for a fun outdoor activity, you can take the slime outside and let the kids explore the texture and play with it in the fresh air. They can make slime sculptures or launch their slime creations into the air. It’s a great way for kids to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise while having fun.
Fluffy slime is also a great craft for parties or play dates. Kids can gather around a table and each make their own batch of slime. They can compare their creations and even have races to see who can make the tallest slime tower or the most creative slime figure.
Once your kids are done playing with their fluffy slime, you can store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for future use. Fluffy slime can last for weeks if properly stored.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and engaging craft that will keep your kids entertained for hours, give fluffy slime a try. It’s easy to make, requires minimal supplies, and is sure to create memories that your kids will cherish for years to come.
10 Puffy paint
If you’re looking for a fun and inventive way to bring color and creativity into your child’s day, then puffy paint is the perfect activity! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a textured and vibrant artwork that will surely earn a special place on your fridge or bedroom wall.
Puffy paint is an age-old craft that has become a favorite among kids and adults alike. It’s incredibly versatile and can be used to create a wide range of projects, from simple drawings to more complex designs. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make, so you can start creating in no time!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A squeeze bottle or plastic bag
- PVA glue
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring or acrylic paint
To make the puffy paint, simply mix equal parts PVA glue and shaving cream in a bowl. Add a few drops of food coloring or acrylic paint to achieve your desired color. Stir everything together until well combined.
Now, you can let your child’s imagination run wild! They can use the puffy paint to create any design they want – from animals and flowers to their favorite characters. They can even create a textured stitch look by dragging a toothpick through the paint before it dries.
As they paint, encourage your child to have confidence in their ideas and put their own creative stamp on their artwork. Show them that mistakes can be easily corrected or turned into something even better. For example, if they accidentally smudge their design, they can simply blend it away or add a knot or bow to cover it up.
Once their masterpiece is complete, let it dry for a few hours. The paint will puff up and become 3D, adding an accent to their artwork. They can use the puffy paint to make greeting cards, decorate wooden tables, or even create memories on canvas!
This is a fun and inexpensive craft idea that both kids and adults can enjoy. It’s a great way to spend quality time together and unleash your inner artist. Plus, the puffy paint is washable, so you don’t have to worry about any stains or messes.
So why not give puffy paint a try? You and your child will surely have a blast creating colorful and textured art together. And who knows, it may even become your go-to craft activity for rainy days, school holidays, or when you just want to have some creative fun!
11 Kinetic sand
If you’re looking for a unique accent to add to your kids’ art and craft collection, kinetic sand is the way to go. This special type of sand not only has a soft and smooth texture, but it also has a fascinating ability to stick together like magic. Whether you want to create a sandbox scene, build a mini Lego city, or sculpt unique creatures, kinetic sand will provide hours of creative fun.
The great thing about kinetic sand is that it looks and feels like real sand, but it is much easier to work with. Unlike regular sand, it doesn’t scatter all over the place or stick to your clothes and nails. Kinetic sand sticks to itself, which means you can mold it into any shape or form without making a mess. You can build a whole sandcastle or shape it into small pieces to create intricate designs.
There are different colors and variations of kinetic sand available in the market, from bright and colorful like a lemonade stand to trendy pastels that look like marble. You could even mix a couple of colors together to create a unique blend that matches your child’s dreams. The possibilities are endless!
Kinetic sand is also a great sensory play activity for kids. Playing with the sand helps them develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. It provides a therapeutic and calming effect as they mold and mesh the sand between their fingers. So not only will they be entertained, but they will also gain confidence and enjoy the tactile experience.
To make it even more exciting, you can add various textures and materials to the kinetic sand. Sink small twine, buttons, or even tiny plastic bottles into the sand to create a hidden treasure chest. You could also hide small toys like Lego pieces or toy frogs inside the sand for a fun and playful surprise.
If you want to take it up a notch, you can create sculptures or even build a whole mini city using kinetic sand as a base. Let your imagination run wild and mold the sand into houses, trees, and even spider webs. Just be careful not to get too carried away, as kinetic sand is addictive and you might end up spending hours crafting your masterpiece!
When you’re done playing with the sand, simply put it back in its container or store it in a sealed bag to keep it fresh. Kinetic sand is reusable, so you can enjoy it again and again. It’s also easy to clean up, with no need to worry about sticky residue or sand getting stuck in crevices.
So why not bring some kinetic sand into your home and let your kids unleash their creativity? With its incredible texture, endless possibilities, and child-friendly nature, kinetic sand is sure to become a favorite go-to art and craft material in no time.
12 Pipe cleaner crafts
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft project to do with your kids, pipe cleaner crafts are a great option. Pipe cleaners are versatile and can be used to create a wide variety of different crafts. From animals to plants, there’s no limit to what you can create with these colorful and bendable wires. Here are 12 pipe cleaner crafts that your kids will love:
Create a cute little frog by shaping green pipe cleaners into the body and legs. Add some googly eyes and a red pompom for a tongue and your frog is complete.
Bend a pipe cleaner into a butterfly shape and decorate it with colorful beads or sequins. Attach a piece of string to hang it up and watch it fly in the breeze.
Make your own superhero by shaping a pipe cleaner into a figure and attaching a cape made from colored paper or fabric.
Create a cozy little birdhouse using pipe cleaners as the frame and sticks, twigs, or toothpicks for the walls. Add a small pompom for the bird’s nest.
Bend several pipe cleaners into different shapes and twist them together to create a colorful suncatcher. Hang it in a sunny window and watch the light reflect off the metallic pipe cleaners.
Create a unique planter by wrapping a pipe cleaner around a small bottle. Add soil and a plant of your choice for a mini garden.
7. Christmas tree ornament
Make a mini Christmas tree out of green pipe cleaners and decorate it with beads, sequins, or small ornaments. Attach a string to hang it on your tree.
8. Cat toy
Make a playful toy for your cat by attaching feathers or pompoms to a pipe cleaner. Your furry friend will love batting it around.
9. Flower bouquet
Make a bouquet of pipe cleaner flowers by shaping different colored pipe cleaners into flower shapes. Attach them to a stick or piece of washi tape for a beautiful homemade gift.
10. Light-up wand
Wrap a pipe cleaner around a wand-shaped stick and attach small battery-operated lights. It will create a magical effect when waved around.
11. Marble maze
Create a maze out of pipe cleaners and use toothpicks or small sticks to create obstacles. Roll a marble through the maze and see if you can make it to the end.
12. Mother’s Day card
Use pipe cleaners to create a unique and eye-catching design on a card for Mother’s Day. Add embellishments such as sequins or painted metallic pipe cleaner for an extra accent.
These pipe cleaner crafts are quick and easy to make and provide endless hours of fun for kids of all ages. Whether you’re looking for a rainy day activity or a homemade gift, pipe cleaners are a versatile craft supply that allows kids to use their imagination and creativity. So gather up your pipe cleaners and start crafting!
13 Hand print art ideas
Hand print art is a great way to capture a moment in time and create a lasting memory. Not only can it be a fun activity for kids to do at home, but it also allows them to express their creativity and create something unique. Here are 13 hand print art ideas that you can try with your child:
1. Hand print animals: Use paint and your child’s hand to create different animals like a frog or a butterfly.
2. Hand print leaves: Paint your child’s hand and press it onto a piece of paper to create beautiful autumn leaves.
3. Hand print flowers: Use bright colored paints to create a bouquet of handprint flowers.
4. Hand print treasure map: Use brown paint and a toilet paper roll to create an old-looking treasure map.
5. Hand print bookshelf: Use various shades of paint to create a handprint bookshelf filled with your child’s favorite books.
6. Hand print lanterns: Paint your child’s hand and use it as a template to create lanterns out of colored paper.
7. Hand print wind chimes: Paint your child’s hand and use it as a template to create handprint wind chimes.
8. Hand print fireflies: Paint your child’s hand and use it as a template to create fireflies on a night sky background.
9. Hand print bathmats: Use fabric paint to paint your child’s handprint on a bathmat.
10. Hand print sensory play: Use different textures like sand, cornstarch, or play dough to create a sensory experience with handprints.
11. Hand print greeting cards: Use handprints to create unique and personalized greeting cards for birthdays or holidays.
12. Hand print Christmas ornaments: Use clay or salt dough to create handprint Christmas ornaments.
13. Hand print accent walls: Use different colored paints and your child’s handprints to create an accent wall in their room or play area.
These hand print art ideas are not only a fun and creative activity for kids, but they also make for great keepsakes to look back on in the future. Whether you choose to frame them or keep them in a scrapbook, these hand print creations are sure to bring a smile to your face every time you see them.
14 Popsicle stick crafts
If you have a collection of popsicle sticks lying around the house, don’t throw them away! Get creative with these 14 popsicle stick crafts that are sure to keep your kids entertained and happy.
1. Popsicle Stick Chest: Create a small treasure chest using popsicle sticks. Your kids can decorate it with paint, stickers, or other craft supplies. It’s a great place to store small trinkets and treasures.
2. Popsicle Stick Art Station: This popsicle stick art station is a great way to keep your kids’ art supplies organized. Simply glue popsicle sticks together to make a box-like structure, and place small containers inside to hold markers, crayons, and paintbrushes.
3. Popsicle Stick Recycling Bin: Teach your kids about recycling by making a mini recycling bin out of popsicle sticks. They can paint it with bright, colored paint and use it to collect recyclables in their room.
4. Popsicle Stick Newspaper Rack: Create a stylish newspaper rack using popsicle sticks. Glue the sticks together in a ladder pattern and paint it with a bright color. It’s a great way to display your kids’ drawings or favorite newspaper articles.
5. Popsicle Stick Pops: Shape popsicle sticks into popsicle shapes and decorate them with colorful paint and glitter. They make great props for imaginative play or can be used as a cute accent for summer-themed events.
6. Homemade Popsicle Stick Twig Bookmarks: Use popsicle sticks and twigs to create unique and inventive bookmarks. Simply glue a twig to the popsicle stick and decorate it with paint and markers.
7. Popsicle Stick Treehouse: Get inspired by Pinterest and make a mini popsicle stick treehouse. Glue popsicle sticks together in a triangular shape and create small windows and doors. Your kids will love playing with it in their gardens or mini outdoors play area.
8. Popsicle Stick LEGO Hackshaw: If your kids love LEGO, they will definitely enjoy making a popsicle stick LEGO hackshaw. Glue together popsicle sticks to create a structure, and then add LEGO pieces to decorate it.
9. Popsicle Stick Bunting: Use popsicle sticks to create a mini bunting. Simply paint the sticks in bright colors and glue them onto a string. Hang it up in your kids’ room or use it to decorate for a special occasion.
10. Popsicle Stick Finger Puppets: Make adorable finger puppets using popsicle sticks. Cut out felt or colored paper shapes and glue them onto the popsicle stick. Your kids can create their own puppet show!
11. Popsicle Stick Trash Can: Teach your kids about the benefits of recycling by making a popsicle stick trash can. Glue popsicle sticks together to create a box shape, and then decorate it with colored paper or paint.
12. Popsicle Stick Music Shaker: Create a fun and musical instrument using popsicle sticks. Glue the sticks together to form a square or rectangular shape, and then add dried beans or rice inside. Shake it to create a unique sound.
13. Popsicle Stick Pencil Holder: Keep your kids’ pencils organized with a popsicle stick pencil holder. Glue popsicle sticks together to form a box shape and decorate it with paint or stickers.
14. Popsicle Stick Hula Hoop: If you want a crafty and fun outdoor activity, try making a popsicle stick hula hoop. Connect popsicle sticks together using string or ribbon, and decorate it with colored tape or paint.
Get creative with these popsicle stick crafts and let your kids share their creations with family and friends. The possibilities are endless!
15 Marble mazes
Marble mazes are a small, inexpensive art and craft activity that kids can make at home. They allow children to get creative and have fun while also developing their problem-solving skills. Making a marble maze is a great way to engage kids in a hands-on project that combines art and science.
There are various ways to make a marble maze. One idea is to create a picture or design on a piece of cloth or paper and stitch a small shoe or guide onto it. Kids can then move the marble through the maze by tilting the cloth or paper.
Another idea is to use empty shoe boxes or cardboard rolls to create a maze. Kids can cut out holes and tunnels in the boxes or rolls and then roll the marble through them. This works especially well if the boxes or rolls are coated with bright colours or decorated with a character or theme that the child loves.
Marble mazes can also be made using everyday objects such as leaves, pebble, or even a feeder from a bird seed bottle. Simply arrange the objects in a maze-like pattern and use twine or string to guide the marble through the maze.
If you’re feeling festive, you could create a marble maze using holiday decorations such as ornaments or lights. This adds a special touch to the activity and helps to create a fun and festive atmosphere.
One fantastic option for making a marble maze is to use a loom. This allows kids to create a large, intricate maze that they can navigate by moving the marble through the threads of the loom.
Marble mazes are a great summer activity because they can be taken outside and enjoyed in the sunshine. Kids can create mazes using natural materials such as sticks, stones, and flowers, or they can use items already found in the house such as tubes, boxes, and balls.
What’s great about marble mazes is that they can be as simple or as complex as the child wants them to be. Whether they want to create a straightforward maze with a clear path or a maze with twists, turns, and obstacles, the possibilities are endless.
Making marble mazes is also a great bonding activity for parents and kids. By working together on a project, parents and kids can spend quality time together and create something special that they can both be proud of.
Marble mazes are a versatile art and craft activity that kids of all ages can enjoy. Whether they’re making a maze based on their favorite pirate adventure or using their imagination to create a maze with snakes and leaves, the possibilities are endless.
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and engaging activity to do with your kids at home, consider making a marble maze. They’re easy to make, inexpensive, and provide hours of entertainment. Plus, they’re a great way to spark creativity and imagination in children.
16 Salt dough ornaments
If you’re looking for a fun outdoor craft that kids can manage on their own, salt dough ornaments are a fantastic option. Made from a simple mixture of salt, flour, and water, these ornaments can be shaped into a variety of designs and then decorated with paints or coloured with food dye.
To make salt dough ornaments, you’ll need:
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of water
To get started, simply mix the salt, flour, and water together in a bowl. Once the dough is formed, you can start shaping it into various ornaments. Use cookie cutters or your own imagination to create shapes like stars, hearts, and animals. Don’t forget to make a small hole near the top of each ornament so that you can hang it up later.
Once you’re done shaping the ornaments, you can leave them to air dry or bake them in the oven at a low temperature. Keep in mind that salt dough ornaments will shrink and harden as they dry, so make sure to leave some space between each ornament on the baking tray. After they’re fully dry, you can paint and decorate them however you like.
Salt dough ornaments are a great way to foster creativity in kids while also making some lovely decorations for the house. They also make great gifts, so you can let your children create ornaments for their friends and family. Additionally, salt dough ornaments can be adapted to any holiday or theme by using different shapes and colours.
For an even more unique twist on salt dough ornaments, you can try adding small items like pebbles, twigs, or buttons to the dough before baking. This will create textured ornaments and add a sensory element to the craft. You can also try making ornaments in the shape of favorite characters or animals by using small toys or figurines as molds.
If you’re looking for inspiration or step-by-step tutorials, there are various blogs and craft magazines available online that offer fantastic ideas for salt dough ornaments. You can browse through these resources to find designs that match your child’s interests or get ideas for new and creative ornaments.
So, gather your supplies and let the creativity begin! Salt dough ornaments are a fun and easy craft that will keep kids entertained for hours. Plus, they make a great addition to any holiday decorations or a unique gift for loved ones.
17 Painted plant pots
If you’re looking for an inexpensive and creative way to add a special touch to your home or garden, painting plant pots is a fantastic idea. It’s a fun and easy craft that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. Plus, it’s a great way to give new life to old and ordinary plant pots. Here are 17 brilliant ideas to get you started:
1. Rainbow pots: Paint each section of the pot a different color of the rainbow. This vibrant and colorful design will bring a playful vibe to your garden.
2. Animal pots: Use paint to transform your pots into cute animals like ladybugs, bees, or snakes. Let your imagination run wild!
3. Fake mosaic pots: Create the look of a mosaic by painting geometric shapes or patterns on the pot. It won’t take a fortune to achieve an artistic masterpiece.
4. Nature-themed pots: Paint your pots with nature-inspired designs like leaves or flowers. This is a perfect way to bring a touch of the outdoors inside.
5. Galaxy pots: Use metallic or pastel paints to create a galaxy-inspired design on your pots. They will add a touch of magic and wonder to any space.
6. Ombre pots: Gradually change the color of the paint from dark to light or vice versa to achieve a stunning ombre effect. It’s a simple yet elegant design.
7. Chalkboard pots: Paint your pots with chalkboard paint and let your kids get creative with chalk. They can draw their own designs or write little messages.
8. Stacked pots: Paint a series of pots in complementary colors and stack them on top of each other. It’s a unique and eye-catching way to display your plants.
9. Tribal pots: Create a tribal-inspired design by painting bold patterns and shapes on your pots. It will add a touch of exoticism to your garden.
10. Bunting pots: Paint a line of bunting flags around the rim of your pots. It’s a simple yet charming design that will bring a festive feel to your plants.
11. Watercolor pots: Use watercolor paints to create a soft and dreamy look on your pots. It will give them an artistic and delicate touch.
12. Fruit-themed pots: Paint your pots to look like fruits such as apples, oranges, or strawberries. They will add a touch of freshness and playfulness to your garden.
13. Harry Potter pots: Paint your pots with scenes or symbols from the Harry Potter series. Fans of all ages will love these magical creations.
14. Abstract pots: Get creative and experiment with abstract designs on your pots. There are no limits, so let your artistic instincts guide you.
15. Starry night pots: Paint your pots to resemble Vincent van Gogh’s famous painting “Starry Night”. It will bring a touch of art history to your garden.
16. Alphabet pots: Paint each pot with a different letter of the alphabet. It’s a fun and educational way to introduce younger children to the world of letters and words.
17. Comic book pots: Create a comic book-inspired design by painting speech bubbles, action words, or superhero symbols on your pots. It’s a creative and playful way to showcase your favorite comics.
With these inventive and easy-to-follow tutorials, you’ll be able to create beautiful painted plant pots in no time. You can find all the materials you need at your local retailers or online. So, why wait? Start building your painting skills and launch into the world of crafting with these 17 brilliant ideas!
18 Bug hotels
If you want to give the little creatures in your garden a place to stay, bug hotels are the perfect solution. These DIY bug hotels provide shelter and protection for insects, spiders, and other small creatures, making your garden a more welcoming and diverse habitat. Plus, building bug hotels is a fun craft project that kids will enjoy! Here are 18 bug hotel designs you can try:
1. Popsicle stick bug hotel: Use popsicle sticks to create small rooms and compartments for bugs to hide and lay eggs.
2. Crown cork bug hotel: Save up your crown corks to create a unique bug hotel with different-sized compartments.
3. Bottle bug hotel: Cut the top off a plastic bottle and create walls and compartments using recycled materials.
4. Cornhole bug hotel: Turn a cornhole board into a bug hotel by adding small holes and rooms for bugs to crawl into.
5. Lovely planter bug hotel: Use a planter box with different layers and designs to create a beautiful bug hotel.
6. Sheep wool bug hotel: Gather sheep wool and use it to create cozy rooms for bugs to nest and hibernate.
7. Stick bug hotel: Gather twigs and sticks to create a simple bug hotel structure.
8. Home organizer bug hotel: Repurpose an old home organizer with compartments to create bug rooms.
9. Animal figure bug hotel: Attach small animal figures to a bug hotel to make it more visually appealing.
10. Jumping spider bug hotel: Create small compartments with mesh for jumping spiders to hide and catch their prey.
11. Frog house bug hotel: Build a bug hotel with a small pond or pool for frogs to attract insect food.
12. Colorful flower bug hotel: Decorate a bug hotel with colorful flowers to attract pollinators like butterflies and bees.
13. Garden tools bug hotel: Hang old garden tools with compartments for bugs to hide and live in.
14. Trendy wire bug hotel: Use wire mesh to create a trendy bug hotel with various compartments.
15. PomPom bug hotel: Attach pompoms to a bug hotel to create cozy nesting spots for small insects.
16. Snake hideout bug hotel: Use logs and twigs to create a snake hideout that also provides shelter for bugs.
17. Turtle shell bug hotel: Create a bug hotel using a discarded turtle shell for a unique and captivating design.
18. Yarn and wood bug hotel: Combine yarn and wood to create a bug hotel with cozy and warm rooms.
Building bug hotels not only provides a fun DIY experience for kids but also teaches them about the benefits of creating habitats for these small creatures. Bug hotels attract beneficial insects like pollinators and predators of garden pests, which help manage pest populations naturally. So gather your supplies and get crafty with these bug hotel ideas!
Looking for a fun outdoor activity that will keep your kids entertained for hours? Making kites is the perfect solution! Kite flying is a classic childhood pastime that never goes out of style, and it’s a great way to encourage creativity and get some fresh air. Plus, once the kites are assembled, your kids can decorate them with paints, markers, or anything else they can think of.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on making your own kites:
- A sturdy stick or dowel
- Sheets of tissue paper or lightweight fabric
- String or fishing line
- Paints or markers (optional)
Step 1: Start by assembling the frame of your kite. Use a stick or dowel to make a cross shape, with the longer stick running vertically and the shorter stick running horizontally across the middle. Secure them together with tape.
Step 2: Next, cut out a piece of tissue paper or fabric in the shape of a diamond, with extra material around the edges for trimming later.
Step 3: Lay the diamond-shaped piece of fabric or tissue paper over the frame, and use tape or glue to secure it in place.
Step 4: Use scissors to trim the excess fabric or tissue paper from the edges of the diamond shape.
Step 5: Attach a piece of string or fishing line to the top and bottom points of the diamond shape, leaving a longer length of string at the top for flying the kite.
Step 6: If desired, your kids can decorate the kite with paints or markers. They can get creative and draw their favorite animals, stick figures, or anything else that comes to mind!
Step 7: Once the kite is decorated and the paint is dry, head outside to fly your creations. Find an open area, away from trees and power lines, and let the wind do the rest!
Making kites is a fantastic way to spend quality time with your kids while also encouraging their creativity and outdoor play. Plus, it’s a great activity for kids of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers. So gather your materials, follow these step-by-step instructions, and get ready to have a ton of fun in the outdoors!
6 Pirate ship
If your child loves pirates and dreams of sailing the high seas, this pirate ship craft is perfect for them! This project makes use of recycled materials and can be done using items you already have at home.
To create your pirate ship, you will need:
- Cardboard boxes
- Wooden sticks or twigs
- Twine or string
- Colored paper or paint
- Gathered materials for decorations (such as colored feathers, glitter, or stickers)
Start by cutting one large piece of cardboard into the shape of a boat to serve as the main body of the ship. Cut smaller pieces to create the front and back. Attach these pieces using twine or string to make the ship sturdy.
Next, attach wooden sticks or twigs to the sides of the ship to create masts. Use twine or string to secure them in place. Attach pieces of corkboard to the masts to make them look like real sails.
You can then decorate your pirate ship using colored paper or paint. Let your child’s imagination run wild as they create a pirate-themed scene on the ship. Add buttons to resemble portholes and use colored feathers or glitter to make the ship look festive.
To finish off the ship, gather any additional materials you have for decorations and place them in the designated areas. Let the glue dry and show off your unique pirate ship!
This craft is a great way to encourage creativity and imagination in young children. It is also a fun, hands-on activity that can be done together as a family. The best part is that it won’t cost a fortune, as you can use items found around the house or easily purchased online.
So, set sail on a creative adventure with this pirate ship craft. Your child will love being the captain of their own ship and sailing on imaginary seas.
Kaleidoscopes are fascinating toys that create beautiful and ever-changing patterns. You can make your own kaleidoscope at home using simple materials. Here are 20 kaleidoscope craft ideas to inspire you:
|Use recycled materials like toilet paper rolls or cereal boxes as the base for your kaleidoscope.||Cut out bird-shaped figures from colored paper and place them inside the kaleidoscope for a fun twist.||Add colorful yarn or thread to the inside of your kaleidoscope to create extra visual interest.||Hide small treasures like beads or buttons inside your kaleidoscope for a surprise element.|
|Use recycled materials like plastic bottles or matchboxes to create unique kaleidoscope designs.||Painted eggshells can be used as colorful elements to place inside your kaleidoscope.||Create a kaleidoscope by attaching a small mirror to a plate using adhesive.||Let your imagination run wild and come up with your own unique kaleidoscope design.|
|Decorate a matchbox and use it as the body of your kaleidoscope.||There’s no limit to the types of materials you can use to create different kaleidoscope effects.||Use a book as a stand for your kaleidoscope to keep it stable while you explore the patterns.||Create a paper bunting to hang over your kaleidoscope for added decoration.|
|Recycling materials for your kaleidoscope craft is a great way to repurpose and reduce waste.||Parents can join in on the fun and create their own kaleidoscope alongside their kids.||Make your kaleidoscope look like animals or other familiar objects for added fun.||Use colorful pages from magazines or coloring books as the background for your kaleidoscope.|
|Add a suncatcher element to your kaleidoscope for extra sparkle.||Include drawings or pictures inside your kaleidoscope to create personalized patterns.||Get crafty and experiment with different knot techniques to create unique kaleidoscope designs.||Use coloring pages or draw your own designs to place inside your kaleidoscope.|
|Create kaleidoscopes in different shapes like stars or flowers for added variety.||Make sure to use safe materials and supervise children when making and playing with kaleidoscopes.||Collect different materials like feathers, sequins, or buttons to include inside your kaleidoscope.||Become a kaleidoscope expert by experimenting with various materials and designs.|
|Kaleidoscope craft can’t get any more fun than making one with marshmallows!||Painted craft sticks or wooden dowels can be used as the main body of your kaleidoscope.||Used CDs or DVDs can be repurposed to create stunning kaleidoscope effects.||Check out your local craft store or online retailers for kaleidoscope kits and materials.|
|Look for inspiration in familiar objects and try to recreate them in your kaleidoscope designs.||Toilet paper rolls can be used to create a hula hoop-like frame for your kaleidoscope.||Get handy and try your hand at stitching your own fabric kaleidoscope cover.||Create a stand for your kaleidoscope using materials like clay or wooden blocks.|
|Whether you choose to make a simple kaleidoscope with recycled materials or a more complex one using craft store supplies, there are endless possibilities to explore. Kaleidoscope crafts provide a fun and creative way to engage children and develop their artistic skills. So, grab some materials and start creating your very own kaleidoscope masterpiece!|
21 Easy origami
Origami is a traditional Japanese art of paper folding. It is a fun and creative way for kids to enhance their fine motor skills and concentration. With just a piece of paper, kids can transform it into various shapes and objects. Here are 21 easy origami ideas for kids to try at home:
|1. Paper Boat||Create a small boat that can float on water. It’s perfect for some backyard lemonade adventures!|
|2. Paper Airplane||Learn how to fold a classic paper airplane that can fly across the room. Once you’re done, have a race and see whose plane goes the farthest!|
|3. Paper Frog||Create a jumping frog that comes to life with each leap.|
|4. Paper Butterfly||Fold colorful butterflies to decorate your room or attach them to a stick for a butterfly on the go.|
|5. Paper Turtle||Make an adorable turtle with a textured shell. It’s like having a pet without the responsibilities!|
|6. Paper Crown||Channel your inner prince or princess with a DIY crown fit for royalty.|
|7. Paper Hat||Stay cool in the summer sun with a stylish and foldable paper hat.|
|8. Paper Cat||Create a cute origami cat with movable limbs. It’s a cat lover’s dream!|
|9. Paper Dog||Fold a loyal paper dog that will never leave your side.|
|10. Paper Flowers||Add a touch of nature to your room with colorful origami flowers. They’ll brighten up any space!|
|11. Paper Cup||Create a small paper cup that can hold small treasures or serve as a mini snack container.|
|12. Paper Box||Fold a simple origami box to store your special knick-knacks.|
|13. Paper Fish||Make a school of origami fish to hang from a mobile or attach to a fishing line for a fun underwater theme.|
|14. Paper Dragon||Create a mystical origami dragon with multiple folds and intricate details.|
|15. Paper Rocket||Launch your imagination into space with an origami rocket ship.|
|16. Paper Ninja Star||Learn how to fold a ninja star and amaze your friends with your throwing skills.|
|17. Paper Heart||Fold a cute heart to give as a homemade gift or use as a decoration.|
|18. Paper Clothespin Animal||Create adorable animal characters using clothespins and origami.|
|19. Paper Pirate Hat||Set sail on a pirate adventure with a DIY pirate hat made from a single sheet of paper.|
|20. Paper Pompoms||Create fluffy pompoms using strips of paper. Hang them up or use them for festive celebrations.|
|21. Paper Kite||Make a colorful and lightweight kite that can soar high in the sky on a windy day.|
These easy origami ideas offer a variety of options for kids to explore their creativity. From animals to decorations, there’s something for every young DIYer. Plus, origami is a great activity for kids during holidays or rainy days. So, grab some paper and start folding!
22 Bath bombs
If you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your child at home, why not try making bath bombs? Bath bombs are fizzy, scented balls that dissolve in your bathwater, creating a relaxing and enjoyable experience. They are easy to make and can be customized with different colors and scents. Here are 22 bath bomb ideas that you and your child can make together:
|1. Fireflies Bath Bomb||Create a bath bomb that glows in the dark, giving your bath a magical appearance.|
|2. Animal-shaped Bath Bombs||Mold bath bombs into adorable animal shapes like ducks, fish, or sheep.|
|3. Lemonade Bath Bomb||Add a refreshing lemonade scent to your bath bombs for a sweet and tangy aroma.|
|4. Treehouse Bath Bomb||Create a bath bomb that looks like a mini treehouse, complete with a rope ladder and tiny lights.|
|5. Pirate Ship Bath Bomb||Make a bath bomb in the shape of a pirate ship, perfect for young buccaneers.|
|6. Rock Bath Bombs||Add small rocks or pebbles to your bath bombs for a unique texture.|
|7. Bird Bath Bombs||Shape bath bombs into bird shapes and decorate them with colorful feathers.|
|8. Sand Art Bath Bombs||Add layers of different colored sand to your bath bombs for a cool, sandy effect.|
|9. Chic Bath Bomb Holders||Create stylish bath bomb holders using wood, mesh, or trendy materials.|
|10. Funky Bath Bombs||Add funky designs and patterns to your bath bombs using paint or markers.|
|11. Fortune Cookies Bath Bombs||Create bath bombs in the shape of fortune cookies, and include uplifting messages inside.|
|12. Christmas Bath Bombs||Create bath bombs that are shaped like Christmas trees, ornaments, or candy canes.|
|13. Jumping Pops Bath Bombs||Create bath bombs with a pop-up surprise, like a small toy or figurine that jumps out when the bomb dissolves.|
|14. Modern Art Bath Bombs||Create bath bombs with abstract designs and vibrant colors, inspired by modern art.|
|15. Sweet Treat Bath Bombs||Add scents like chocolate, vanilla, or bubblegum to your bath bombs for a sweet treat.|
|16. Coolest House Bath Bomb||Create a bath bomb that looks like a miniature house, complete with windows, doors, and a roof.|
|17. Mesh Bath Bombs||Create bath bombs using mesh fabric, giving them a unique texture when dissolved in water.|
|18. Birdhouse Bath Bombs||Shape bath bombs into birdhouse shapes and decorate them with twigs and bird figurines.|
|19. Rope Bath Bombs||Add a rope or string to your bath bombs, making them easy to hang and dry after use.|
|20. Parent-child Bath Bombs||Make bath bombs that come in pairs, one for the parent and one for the child, creating a bonding experience.|
|21. Soda Can Bath Bombs||Recycle soda cans by turning them into bath bomb molds, creating eco-friendly bath bombs.|
|22. Magazine Organizers Bath Bombs||Make bath bombs that can be used as organizers for magazines or small items.|
These bath bomb ideas are sure to spark your child’s imagination and provide hours of fun. Whether you’re looking for adorable animal-shaped bath bombs or trendy and modern designs, there’s something for everyone. Get creative and have a blast making these unique bath bombs with your child!
23 Cute Flower Paper Fans
If you want to add a touch of summer to your crafting experience, making cute flower paper fans is a fun and engaging activity. These versatile paper fans can be used as decorations, gifts, or even for some interactive games. Plus, they are super easy to make and cost-effective too!
To make your own flower paper fans, you will need the following materials:
- Colored paper or cardstock
- String or twine
- Glue or tape
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create your own cute flower paper fans:
- Start by drawing a flower shape on the colored paper or cardstock. You can create different sizes and shapes for a vibrant and diverse look.
- Cut out the flower shape using scissors.
- Next, create the folds for the fan by accordion-folding the flower shape. Make sure the folds are approximately the same size.
- Once you have completed the folds, secure the ends with glue or tape to keep the fan in place.
- Attach a string or twine to the bottom of the fan to create a handle.
- Repeat the steps to create more flower paper fans in different colors and sizes.
Now you have a collection of cute flower paper fans that are perfect for adding a vibrant and fun vibe to any occasion. Whether you choose to hang them on a fence, place them in a tray filled with pebbles or sand, or simply give them as gifts, these flower paper fans will surely brighten up your day.
You can also get creative with your flower paper fans by adding additional elements like glitter, sequins, or even drawing ladybug or caterpillar designs on them. The possibilities are endless!
These flower paper fans are not only great for crafting at home but can also be an engaging activity in the classroom. They can be used as props for storytelling or even as tools to teach about the lifecycle of a flower or insects like caterpillars and ladybugs.
Don’t let the fun stop here. Once you have mastered the art of creating flower paper fans, try experimenting with different shapes and patterns. The more you progress in your crafting journey, the more amazed you will be at what you can create!
24 Finger painting
If you’re looking for a fun and messy art activity, finger painting is always an excellent choice. Children of all ages love this activity because they can get their hands dirty and experiment with different colors and textures.
Finger painting is a great way for kids to express their creativity and develop their fine motor skills. It allows them to explore different art techniques and create unique masterpieces.
There are so many things you can do with finger painting. You can create beautiful pictures, make handprint animals, or even decorate objects like pots and picture frames. The possibilities are endless!
To get started with finger painting, all you need is some paint and paper. You can use a variety of materials such as washable tempera paint, watercolors, or even homemade finger paints. Just make sure the paint is non-toxic and safe for children.
Before you begin, it’s a good idea to cover your work area with newspaper or a plastic tablecloth to protect it from any accidental spills. Some parents also dress their kids in smocks or old t-shirts to prevent their clothes from getting stained.
Once everything is set up, let your child’s imagination run wild! Encourage them to use their fingers, hands, and even their feet to create different shapes and patterns. They can mix colors, blend them together, or create layers of paint to add depth to their artwork.
If your child needs some inspiration, you can suggest different themes or ideas. For example, they could paint a rainbow, a flower garden, or their favorite animal. You could also provide them with textured materials like sponge brushes or cotton balls to add some extra texture to their artwork.
When it comes to finger painting, the possibilities are endless. You can create abstract art, landscape scenes, or even recreate famous works of art. The key is to let your child have fun and enjoy the process.
Once your child is finished with their masterpiece, let the artwork dry completely. You can then hang it up on the wall or frame it to display it. Finger painting also makes great gifts for grandparents or other family members.
If you’re looking for other ways to use finger painting, there are plenty of other creative projects you can try. You can make fingerprint keyrings, decorate plain t-shirts, or even create a finger-painted turtle on a pebble. The sky’s the limit!
Remember, finger painting is meant to be a fun and enjoyable activity. It’s a great way for kids to explore their creativity and gain confidence in their artistic abilities. So, gather your materials, roll up your sleeves, and get ready to create some finger-painting magic!
Suncatchers are a fun and creative craft that kids can make at home. These beautiful pieces of art can be hung in windows or outside to catch the sunlight and create a stunning display of colors. Not only does making suncatchers keep kids entertained and engaged, but it also allows them to express their creativity and develop their artistic skills. Here are 25 suncatcher ideas to get you started:
- Stained glass suncatchers: These elegant suncatchers are made by cutting and arranging colorful tissue paper or colored cellophane on a clear contact paper.
- Button suncatchers: Kids can arrange and glue colorful buttons of different sizes and shapes onto a piece of cardboard or acetate to create a unique and playful design.
- Nature suncatchers: Collect leaves, flowers, and seeds from the garden and press them between two sheets of clear adhesive paper. This allows the natural beauty of the plants to shine through.
- Paper plate suncatchers: Cut out shapes from paper plates and let kids decorate them with paints, markers, or even glitter.
- Ice suncatchers: Fill a small container with water and add colorful items like berries, leaves, or flower petals. Freeze it, then hang the ice suncatcher in a sunny spot.
- Mosaic suncatchers: Use small pieces of broken glass, tiles, or even pebbles to create a mosaic design on a clear plastic or glass surface.
- Animal-shaped suncatchers: Trace or find templates of your child’s favourite animals and fill them in with coloured tissue paper or cellophane.
- Metallic suncatchers: Use metallic paint or markers to create a shiny and modern suncatcher.
- Swing suncatchers: Hang small suncatchers made from beads, shells, or other small objects on a string to create a mini suncatcher mobile.
- Soap suncatchers: Melt clear glycerin soap, add a few drops of food coloring, and pour into shaped molds. Once hardened, hang them up as suncatchers.
- Ladybug suncatchers: Paint rocks red and use black paint or markers to add spots and a face. Attach a string or ribbon to hang them up.
- Snake suncatchers: Cut out snake shapes from cardboard or foam sheets, and let kids decorate them with paints or markers.
- Kaleidoscope suncatchers: Create the illusion of a kaleidoscope by cutting out small squares of colored plastic and gluing them together in a tube shape.
- Dinosaur suncatchers: Trace or find dinosaur templates and use tissue paper or cellophane to fill them in.
- Gorgeous glass suncatchers: Browse Pinterest or art shops for stylish and modern glass suncatchers that you can hang up in your home.
- Seed suncatchers: Arrange and glue different types of seeds onto a piece of cardboard or acetate to create a unique and natural-looking suncatcher.
- Summer holidays suncatchers: Collect small treasures from your summer holidays, like seashells or beach glass, and arrange them on a clear surface.
- Spider web suncatchers: Use black yarn or pipe cleaners to create a spider web design, and let kids decorate them with small plastic spiders.
- Farm animals suncatchers: Find templates of farm animals and fill them in with colored tissue paper or cellophane.
- Window teller suncatchers: Use clear adhesive paper or colored cellophane to create a design that resembles a stained glass window.
- Winding road suncatchers: Cut out a winding road shape from cardboard or foam sheets and let kids decorate it with paints or markers.
- Trendy geometric suncatchers: Browse Pinterest or art shops for trendy geometric suncatchers that can add a modern touch to your home decor.
- Playful flower suncatchers: Arrange and glue small artificial flowers onto a piece of cardboard or acetate to create a colorful and playful design.
- Collecting memories suncatchers: Let your child collect small trinkets and objects that hold special meaning to them, like seashells or charms, and arrange them in a suncatcher.
- Outdoor plants suncatchers: Cut out shapes from clear contact paper and let kids arrange and glue small pieces of colorful tissue paper or cellophane onto them to resemble plants or flowers.
So, whether you prefer the traditional stained glass suncatchers or the more modern and stylish designs, making suncatchers is a great craft activity to keep kids entertained and develop their love for art. Plus, at the end of it all, you’ll have the most beautiful suncatchers to display in your home!
26 Matchbox Challenge
Looking for a creative and fun activity that will keep your kids entertained? The matchbox challenge is the perfect solution! All you need are some simple materials like pebbles, clean empty matchboxes, slime, and confidence.
Start by gathering a variety of materials that can fit into a matchbox – mini balls, tiny bottles, small guides, construction pieces, stitched crafts, or even fluffy pompoms. The options are endless! Open up your craft box and let your imagination run wild.
If you need some inspiration, browse through craft blogs or check out some crafty YouTube tutorials. You’ll surely find a treasure trove of ideas in no time.
One fun idea is to create a mini ladybug using colored paper and googly eyes. You can adapt this idea and create all sorts of creatures like a mermaid or a frog. The possibilities are endless!
This activity not only allows your child to explore their creativity but also helps them manage their sensory skills. It’s an ideal way to encourage your child’s imagination and boost their confidence.
If you’re not sure where to start, here’s a step-by-step guide to get you going:
- Start by gathering all the materials you’ll need.
- Clean the matchboxes to make sure they’re free from any leftover debris.
- Get your crafting tools handy, such as scissors, glue, and colored markers.
- Let your child’s imagination take the lead and start filling the matchboxes with their chosen materials.
- Once they’re finished, they can decorate the matchboxes with stickers, ribbons, or any other embellishments they desire.
- Stand back and admire their creations!
Not only is the matchbox challenge a fun and satisfying crafting project, but it’s also a great way to keep your child entertained on a rainy day or during a long car journey. It’s a real money-saver too!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab those matchboxes and get crafting. You never know, your child’s matchbox creations might turn into their next big fortune!
27 DIY Masks
When it comes to creating masks, kids can really get into anything. From sheep to Native American creations, the possibilities are endless. Making masks is not only a fun craft but it also allows children to explore their creativity and imagination.
For younger kids who may find complex crafts difficult, there are plenty of easy mask ideas that can be made with simple materials. A paper plate mask decorated with markers or paint can easily transform into a silly face or a cute animal. Cut out eye holes and add elastic to the sides for a comfortable fit.
If you have an old porch or book that you no longer need, you can repurpose it into a special mask. Simply cut out eye and mouth holes and attach colorful lights or feathers for a unique and eye-catching design. This can be displayed on a bookshelf or hung on the wall as a piece of art.
One fun and messy mask idea is a marshmallow mask. Simply dip large marshmallows into paint and press them onto a piece of paper or cardboard. Add googly eyes, pom-poms, or pipe cleaners for extra flair. This tactile activity is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages.
If your child is interested in sewing or stitching, they can create a mask using fabric scraps, yarn, or felt. Use a simple knot or try a more advanced stitching technique to create different patterns and designs. This mask can be worn as a fun accessory or displayed as a colorful wall hanging.
In fact, a mask-making activity can be a great way to teach kids about different cultures and their traditional masks. Research native masks from various countries and encourage children to create their own interpretations. This can spark interesting conversations about different traditions and art forms.
A mask doesn’t have to be limited to just the face. Kids can also create masks for animals or birds. A simple bird feeder made from a plastic bottle and some yarn can be turned into a mask by adding googly eyes and decorating it with feathers. Hang it outside and watch as birds gather to enjoy the treats.
Another messy mask idea is a blog mask. Kids can use different materials like cardboard, paper, paint, and glue to create a mask that represents their favorite blog or blogger. This can be a great way to incorporate technology into arts and crafts time.
If painting and drawing are more their style, kids can create masks using different lines and shapes. This can be as simple as drawing lines on a paper plate or as complex as creating intricate designs using various painting techniques. The possibilities are endless.
For kids who love holidays, mask-making can be a fun way to get into the spirit. A rainbow mask for St. Patrick’s Day or a scary mask for Halloween are just a few ideas to get started. Encourage kids to think outside the box and come up with their own holiday-themed creations.
If your child enjoys nature, they can create a mask inspired by the outdoors. Gather leaves, twigs, and other natural materials and use them to decorate a paper plate mask. This mask can be a great accessory for outdoor play or a nature-themed costume.
For kids who enjoy sewing, a caterpillar mask can be a fun and interactive craft. Use fabric scraps or felt to create a colorful caterpillar body, then add googly eyes and pipe cleaners for the antennae. This mask can be worn or used as a prop during pretend play.
When it comes to mask-making, the possibilities are endless. Kids can become anyone or anything they want with just a few simple materials. The best part is that mask-making is a cheap and easy craft that can be enjoyed by children of all ages.
So gather your art supplies, pick a mask idea, and let your child’s creativity run wild. Whether they’re into painting, sewing, or printing, there’s a mask craft that’s perfect for them. Don’t forget to display their finished creations with pride!
28 Cross stitch on plastic canvas or binca
If you’re looking for a fun and unique art project to do with your kids, why not try cross stitch on plastic canvas or binca? This craft is a twist on traditional cross stitch and uses a plastic canvas or binca as the base instead of fabric. It’s a great way to introduce your kids to the world of cross stitching while adding a modern twist.
To get started with cross stitch on plastic canvas or binca, you’ll need a few materials. You can find plastic canvas or binca at your local craft store or online. You’ll also need some colorful embroidery floss or yarn, a needle, and scissors. If you want to add some extra character to your creations, you can also use beads or sequins to embellish your designs.
Once you have your materials, you can start creating your cross stitch masterpiece. You can find patterns and design ideas on Pinterest or in cross stitch books. Some popular designs for kids include animals, flowers, and simple geometric patterns. You can also create your own designs or customize existing patterns to match your kids’ interests.
To begin, cut your plastic canvas or binca into a size that suits your project. You can make a small design, like a keychain or bookmark, or a larger project, like a wall hanging or decorative pillow. Once you have your canvas cut, thread your needle with your chosen embroidery floss or yarn and start stitching.
Each square on the plastic canvas or binca represents a cross stitch, just like with traditional cross stitch. Follow the pattern or design you’ve chosen and stitch one color at a time. You can create different textures and effects by using different stitches, such as the backstitch or french knot.
Once you’ve finished stitching your design, trim any excess floss or yarn and secure the ends on the back of the canvas. You can then frame your finished piece using a wooden frame or mount it on a corkboard or bookshelf for an eye-catching display.
Cross stitch on plastic canvas or binca is a versatile craft that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. It’s a great activity to do during the summer or over Christmas break, and it also makes for a thoughtful and handmade gift. Plus, cross stitch designs on plastic canvas or binca can add a chic and modern accent to any room.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and creative craft to do with your kids, give cross stitch on plastic canvas or binca a try. It’s a project that combines the traditional art of cross stitch with a modern twist, and the end result is sure to be a gorgeous and unique piece of art.
29 DIY Pirate Treasure Hunt
If you want to create an ideal pirate-themed treasure hunt for your kids, you’re in the right place! Whether you’re a crafty parent or just looking for a fun activity, we have some exciting ideas to make the treasure hunt an unforgettable experience.
First, you can create a pirate planter by building a stitch together twigs with toothpicks to form a small boat shape. Then, dig a hole in a sandbox or grassy area and place the planter inside. Hide small treasures like buttons, seashells, or even toy gold coins inside the planter for the kids to discover.
If you’re still looking for more ideas, you can make a pirate-themed shoebox diorama. Cut out a side of a shoebox and decorate it to look like a pirate ship. Then, use paper cutouts or small figurines to create a scene on the inside. This can serve as a fun addition to the treasure hunt when the kids find clues or messages hidden inside the diorama.
Another popular pirate craft is making a marshmallow corkboard. Poke toothpicks or skewers into a styrofoam board or foam block and stick marshmallows on them. You can create any shape you like, such as a pirate ship or a treasure chest. The kids can use this as a bulletin board to pin up their treasures or as a decorative piece for their pirate-themed room.
If your child loves slime, you can create a DIY pirate-themed slime kit. In small containers, fill them with different colored slime and mix in small plastic jewels, beads, or toy pirate figures. Put them in a treasure chest or a decorated box and let the kids explore the slimy treasures during the treasure hunt.
When it comes to the treasure hunt itself, you can set up clues and riddles for the kids to solve. Hide clues in various locations around the house or yard, with each clue leading to the next until they find the treasure. These clues can be written on torn pages from an old book or on strips of paper rolled up into tiny scrolls.
For added fun, you can create a pirate map by staining a piece of paper with tea or coffee to give it an authentic aged look. Draw an “X” to mark the spot where the treasure is hidden and include some landmarks or drawings to make it more exciting.
If you want to create a beach-themed treasure hunt, you can hide “treasures” in a sandbox or a designated sand area in your yard. Ideas for treasures include seashells, small rocks, or shiny pebbles. You can even bury small toy pirate figures or plastic gold coins for the kids to uncover.
And when it’s time to reveal the treasure, you can use a DIY treasure chest made from cardboard boxes or even repurposed tins. Decorate them with paint, stickers, or glitter to give them a more pirate-worthy look. Arrange the treasures inside and let the kids discover their loot!
Remember, the key to a successful pirate treasure hunt is to adapt it to the preferences and interests of your kids. Whether they love mermaids, ships, or the adventure of hunting for clues, there are endless possibilities to make it a memorable experience.
So, gather your materials, plan the route, and get ready for an exciting adventure with your little pirates! And for more inspiration, you can check out craft retailers or browse child-friendly DIY blogs and Pinterest pages that are full of creative ideas to make your treasure hunt one to remember.
30 Painted pebbles and rocks
Painting pebbles and rocks is a fun and creative activity that kids of all ages can enjoy. Not only is it a great way to keep them entertained, but it also allows them to explore their imagination and create unique pieces of art. Here are 30 ideas for painted pebbles and rocks that your kids will love:
- Colorful ladybugs: Paint pebbles red and add black dots to create adorable little ladybugs.
- Rock pets: Let your kids choose their favorite animals and transform pebbles into cute little pets.
- Mini monsters: Use rocks and paint to make scary or silly monsters with googly eyes.
- Butterfly stones: Paint rocks in bright colors and add butterfly wings for a whimsical touch.
- Melted crayon rocks: Use a heat gun to melt crayons onto rocks for a colorful and artsy effect.
- Jellyfish rocks: Paint rocks in vibrant colors and add dangling strings to create cute jellyfish.
- Dinosaur fossils: Paint rocks with dinosaur footprints or skeleton shapes for a prehistoric touch.
- Yarn-wrapped rocks: Wrap rocks in colorful yarn to create eye-catching décor pieces.
- Rock faces: Use paint and creativity to transform rocks into funny or scary faces.
- Button rocks: Glue buttons of different sizes onto rocks to create unique and textured designs.
- Pom-pom rocks: Glue colorful pom-poms onto rocks for a fun and fuzzy texture.
- Farm animals: Paint rocks to look like your child’s favorite farm animals.
- Caterpillar rocks: Paint rocks in different colors and connect them with string or wire to make adorable caterpillars.
- Construction vehicles: Paint rocks to resemble trucks, diggers, and other construction vehicles.
- Egg rocks: Paint rocks to look like eggs and use them as part of an Easter egg hunt.
- Woodland creatures: Paint rocks to look like cute woodland animals such as foxes, deer, and owls.
- DIY fossils: Press leaves, flowers, or other natural materials onto rocks and paint over them for a fossil-like effect.
- Chest rocks: Paint rocks to resemble treasure chests and use them as fun decorations.
- Button-eyed rocks: Glue googly eyes and buttons onto rocks for fun and quirky designs.
- Loom rocks: Use small rocks as loom weights for weaving and create mini textile art pieces.
- Easter chicks: Paint rocks yellow and add details to create cute and fluffy Easter chicks.
- Carton rocks: Paint egg cartons and glue rocks inside to create mini planters or storage containers.
- Magic rocks: Paint rocks in dark colors and use glow-in-the-dark paint to create magical and mysterious designs.
- Feeder rocks: Paint rocks as bird feeders by adding small dishes or cups for food.
- Printing rocks: Use rocks as stamps for printing patterns onto paper or fabric.
- Recycling rocks: Paint rocks with recycling symbols and use them to promote recycling awareness.
- Hand-stitched rocks: Use a needle and thread to stitch patterns or images onto rocks.
- Cycle rocks: Paint rocks with bike or bicycle designs to show your love for cycling.
- Mini diyer rocks: Paint rocks to resemble miniature versions of tools and DIY materials.
- Minute creatures: Paint tiny rocks to resemble insects or other small creatures.
Painting pebbles and rocks is a versatile and enjoyable activity that kids will adore. Whether they choose to paint cute animals, create textured designs, or make eye-catching decorations, there is something for everyone. It’s a fantastic way to unleash their creativity and have fun at the same time. So gather some pebbles, grab some paint, and let the artistic journey begin!
31 Paper fortune tellers
Looking for a fun and engaging activity for your kids? Paper fortune tellers, also known as cootie catchers or chatterboxes, are a fantastic option. They not only provide entertainment, but also help develop fine motor skills and creativity.
To make a paper fortune teller, all you need is a square piece of paper. You can use plain white paper, or get creative with patterned paper, coloured construction paper, or even old magazine pages. Cut the paper into a square size that fits comfortably in your child’s hand.
Next, fold the paper in half diagonally to create a triangle. Open it up and fold it in half the other way, making another triangle. You should be left with an X-shaped crease in the middle of the paper.
Now, fold each corner of the paper towards the center, making sure the edges line up with the creases. Flip the paper over and repeat the folding process on the other side. Finally, fold the paper in half one last time to create the fortune teller shape.
To decorate your fortune teller, use markers, crayons, or coloured pencils to draw shapes, write numbers, or add fun designs. You can also glue on buttons, beads, or ribbons for added flair. Let your child’s imagination run wild!
Once the fortune teller is finished, you can write different fortunes or predictions on the inside flaps. Have your child come up with their own ideas or find some online for inspiration. They could also write fun facts or trivia questions to make it more educational.
To use the paper fortune teller, your child should place their thumb and index fingers into the four pockets created by the folded corners. They can then move the fortune teller back and forth while a friend chooses a number or colour. Count or spell out the chosen item, then have your child lift the corresponding flap to reveal the hidden fortune!
These paper fortune tellers are perfect for rainy days, road trips, or even playdates. They provide hours of fun and can be easily stored in a bag or pocket for on-the-go entertainment.
Another idea is to create themed fortune tellers. For example, you could make ones with different animals, superheroes, or favourite characters. You could even make a special fortune teller for each month, featuring holidays or events.
If you’re feeling extra crafty, make a big fortune teller using a clothespin and mesh. Decorate the clothespin and attach a piece of mesh or wire to create a larger version. Hang it in your child’s bedroom or treehouse for a whimsical touch.
So, grab some paper and let your kids’ creativity soar with these paper fortune tellers. They’re a simple and affordable way to keep your little ones entertained and engaged. Plus, they make excellent homemade gifts or party favours!
32 DIY Play Dough
If you haven’t tried making homemade play dough with your kids yet, you’re missing out on a fun and creative activity. Play dough is an age-old favorite amongst young ones and it’s versatile enough to keep them entertained for hours. Plus, it offers a range of benefits for their development and creativity.
Play dough activities are not only a great way to keep children occupied, but they also help them develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. When kids play with play dough, they use their fingers and hands to roll, shape, and sculpt, which helps build their confidence and creativity.
One of the best things about making your own play dough is that you can customize it according to your children’s preferences. You could make colorful doughs that match their favorite animals, flowers, or even fantasy creatures like mermaids and pirates. With online tutorials, it’s easy to find the right play dough recipe that suits your kids’ taste.
When it comes to play dough, the possibilities are endless. Kids can use play dough to create anything from simple shapes to intricate sculptures. They can even use it to make prints or build their favorite objects, like boats or houses. The creative options are limited only by their imagination!
Play dough can be enjoyed both indoors and outdoors. If you want to take it outside, you can set up a play dough station on your porch or in your backyard. Kids love playing with play dough while enjoying the fresh air and surroundings. Plus, it’s easy to clean up any mess they make!
Aside from being a fun activity, making DIY play dough can also be a great bonding experience for you and your kids. You can involve them in the process of making the dough, from measuring the ingredients to choosing the colors and scents. It’s a great way to spend quality time together and create lasting memories.
So, if you’re looking for a creative and inventive activity to entertain your kids, why not give DIY play dough a try? It’s a low-cost and easy-to-make craft that provides hours of fun and enjoyment for children of all ages. Whether they prefer funky colors, sparkles, or even a hint of sand, there’s a play dough recipe out there that’s perfect for them!
Get ready to roll, sculpt, and let your creativity run wild with these 32 DIY play dough ideas. It’s time to fire up those crafty skills and have a blast with your little ones!
Here are some of the play dough ideas you can try:
- Scented play dough in various flavors like strawberry, chocolate, or bubblegum
- Sparkly play dough with glitter and sequins
- Foam play dough that’s extra squishy and soft
- Burlap play dough for a different texture
- Firework play dough with colorful pops of “explosions”
- Kaleidoscope play dough with vibrant swirls of colors
- Printed play dough using stamps or objects from around the house
- Stick and branch play dough sculptures for an outdoorsy feel
- Clothespin people made with play dough bodies and clothespin arms and legs
- Boat-shaped play dough for a nautical adventure
- Pirate treasure play dough with hidden gems and coins
- Bookshelf play dough scene complete with miniature books and figurines
- Finger puppets made using play dough and craft supplies
- Sand play dough for a beach-themed experience
- Eye-catching play dough colors that will grab everyone’s attention
- Ball pit play dough with small balls mixed in for extra fun
- Pencil toppers made from play dough to show off at school
- Hoop play dough for a twist on the classic game
No matter what play dough ideas you decide to try, the most important thing is to have fun and let your imagination run wild. Enjoy the process of creating, playing, and exploring with DIY play dough!
33 Jam jar snow globes
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging craft activity to do with your kids, making jam jar snow globes is a great choice. These cute and creative snow globes are perfect for decorating the house during the winter season or giving as special gifts to friends and family.
To make your own jam jar snow globe, you’ll need a few simple materials such as jam jars, water, glycerin, glitter, small plastic toys or figurines, and waterproof glue. Here are the easy steps to follow:
|1. Clean and dry the jam jars thoroughly.|
|2. Choose a small plastic toy or figurine that you want to place inside the snow globe. It could be anything from animals to fairies to superheroes.|
|3. Glue the toy or figurine to the inside of the jar lid using waterproof glue. Let it dry completely.|
|4. Fill the jar with water, leaving some space at the top.|
|5. Add a few drops of glycerin to the water. This will make the glitter fall more slowly, creating a snowflake effect.|
|6. Sprinkle glitter into the jar. You can choose different colors to make it more colorful and magical.|
|7. Screw the lid back onto the jar tightly, making sure it is secure and won’t leak.|
|8. Shake the jar gently to create a magical snowfall effect.|
|9. Decorate the outside of the jar with ribbons, buttons, or any other craft materials you like.|
|10. Display your homemade jam jar snow globe proudly or give it as a gift to someone special!|
This craft activity is not only fun, but also a great way to spark your child’s creativity and imagination. They can choose their favorite toys or figurines to be inside the snow globe and make it truly unique. Plus, it’s a frugal activity that won’t break the bank.
So gather your materials and get ready to embark on a creative journey with your kids. Making jam jar snow globes will surely be a memorable and enjoyable experience for both young and old!
34 Washi tape hop scotch
If your child loves playing hopscotch, why not take it to the next level by adding a fun and colorful twist? Washi tape is a versatile crafting material that can be used for so many things, and one of those things is creating a playful hopscotch game right in your own home!
Here’s how to create a Washi tape hopscotch game:
- Washi tape in various colors
- First, decide where you want to create your hopscotch game. It could be in the hallway, on a rug, or even outside on the pavement if the weather is nice.
- Next, use the Washi tape to create the hopscotch grid. Start by creating a large square as the first space. Then, add a smaller square inside the first square as the second space. You can make the squares as big or as small as you like, depending on the available space and the age of your child.
- Continue adding squares in a line until you have a total of 10 spaces.
- Once the grid is complete, you can get creative and add some eye-catching designs or numbers inside each square using different colored Washi tapes.
- Now it’s time for your child to test out the hopscotch game! They can start by standing behind the first square, then toss a small stone or a bean bag onto the grid. They should hop on one leg to reach the stone, and then hop over the square with the stone in it. They continue hopping in a snake-like pattern until they reach the end of the grid.
- Encourage your child to keep track of their progress by counting the number of squares they successfully hop on. It’s a great way to practice counting and improve their balance at the same time.
Creating a Washi tape hopscotch game is not only a fun and engaging activity for kids, but it also helps develop their coordination and balance skills. Plus, it’s a great way to keep them active and entertained, especially if they can’t go outside to play.
So why not launch into this creative project and provide your child with a safe and exciting space for some hopscotch fun? They will love the colorful and eye-catching design of the game, and you will love seeing them have so much fun while improving their skills!
35 Pavement chalk drawings
If you’re looking for a fun and creative outdoor activity, pavement chalk drawings are the way to go! Whether you’re an experienced artist or just starting out, there are endless possibilities for creating beautiful artwork on the pavement. Here are 35 pavement chalk drawing ideas to get you started:
Create a classic hopscotch board with a twist by using colorful chalk. This will keep kids entertained for hours!
2. Animal footprints
Draw different animal footprints and let kids guess which animal they belong to.
Create a vibrant rainbow on the pavement and watch it bring joy to anyone who walks by.
4. Nature scenes
Draw scenes from nature, such as a peaceful beach or a beautiful mountain landscape.
Encourage kids to draw self-portraits and let their imagination run wild.
6. Optical illusions
Create mind-bending illusions that will leave people amazed and questioning their eyesight.
7. Sports-themed drawings
Draw your favorite sports equipment or player to show off your team spirit.
Create larger-than-life superhero characters on the pavement.
Draw cars, trains, and airplanes for all the transportation enthusiasts out there.
10. Comic book panels
Create your own comic book on the pavement with different panels and speech bubbles.
Draw beautiful flowers in all shapes and colors.
12. Space scenes
Create an out-of-this-world space scene with planets, stars, and rockets.
13. Underwater world
Draw colorful fish, coral reefs, and sea creatures for an underwater adventure.
14. Food drawings
Get creative with drawings of your favorite foods.
Create striking silhouettes of people or objects.
Use different colors of chalk to create intricate mosaic patterns.
17. Famous landmarks
Draw famous landmarks from around the world, like the Eiffel Tower or the Pyramids.
Create larger-than-life emojis to express your mood.
Draw scenes that represent each of the four seasons.
20. Abstract art
Let your imagination run wild with abstract and colorful designs.
21. Musical instruments
Draw your favorite musical instruments and let the music come alive on the pavement.
22. Buildings and landmarks
Create a mini cityscape with famous buildings and landmarks.
23. Alphabet and numbers
Practice writing the alphabet and numbers in a fun and interactive way.
Create your own unique and colorful monsters on the pavement.
25. Vehicles in motion
Draw cars, bikes, and planes in motion to bring them to life.
Create intricate mandala designs on the pavement.
27. Portraits of family and friends
Create beautiful portraits of your loved ones.
28. Farm animals
Draw cows, pigs, and chickens for a trip to the farm.
Create a pirate-themed drawing complete with pirate ships and buried treasure.
30. Space aliens
Create your own alien world with extraterrestrial creatures.
31. Famous paintings
Recreate famous paintings on the pavement, like the Mona Lisa or Starry Night.
32. Writing prompts
Write inspiring quotes or story prompts for passersby to ponder.
33. Winding road
Create a winding road that leads to imaginary places.
34. Confetti explosion
Let your creativity explode with a confetti-inspired pavement drawing.
35. Handprint art
Have fun with handprint art by creating unique designs with your own hands.
There you have it – 35 pavement chalk drawing ideas to keep you entertained for hours. Grab some chalk, head outside, and let your imagination run wild!
36 Paper crowns
If you’re currently in search of a fun and engaging craft activity for your kids, making paper crowns is a brilliant idea! It’s a simple and creative project that allows children to use their imagination and create their own stylish accessories.
To make paper crowns, you’ll need the following materials:
- Tape or glue
- Decorative items like sequins, stickers, or glitter (optional)
Here are some ideas for paper crown designs:
- A crown with colorful drawings of your child’s favorite characters
- A crown made of burlap, giving it a rustic and stylish look
- A crown decorated with beads and feathers for a bohemian touch
- A crown made of wool, adding a fluffy and cozy feel
- A crown with a mesh-like texture, perfect for a princess or fairy theme
- A crown made of recycled materials, such as cans or clothespins
- A crown with a turtle or ship shape for a pirate-themed adventure
Let your little diyer choose the design they like the most and then have them start by cutting a long strip of paper, wide enough to fit around their head comfortably. They can then cut out different shapes or decorations to add to their crown.
Once the decorations are ready, it’s time to assemble the crown. Help your child tape or glue the decorations onto the strip of paper, making sure they are securely attached. Let the crown dry if necessary, and then it’s ready to wear!
These paper crowns are not only fun to make, but they also make for great dress-up accessories, perfect for imaginative play. Your child can wear their crown while playing their favorite characters or even use it as a prop for storytelling.
Paper crowns are a fantastic activity to launch your child’s creativity and have them explore their artistic side. And because they are made from paper, they can be easily folded and stored for future use.
So grab some paper, scissors, and glue, and let your child’s imagination run wild as they create their own unique paper crowns. They will surely spend hours having fun and creating lasting memories!
37 Pom Poms
If you’re looking for a fun and versatile craft idea, pom poms are a great choice. They can be used in a variety of ways, from hanging decorations to creating cute little creatures. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be a great way to keep kids entertained and engaged.
To make pom poms, you’ll need some materials that you likely already have at home. You can choose from a variety of materials, including yarn, string, or even shredded paper. Once you have your material, you’ll need to start by making a small knot and adding strips of the material to create a ball shape. Keep adding strips until the ball is the desired size.
Pom poms can be used to create a whole range of craft ideas. You can make hanging decorations by adding a string or toothpicks to the top of the pom pom to create a loop. These can be hung from a tree branch, a curtain rod, or even from the ceiling to add a touch of color and fun to any area.
Another popular use of pom poms is in painting. You can dip the pom pom in paint and use it as a stamp to create unique patterns and designs. Kids will love the messiness of this craft and the creative freedom it allows. For a similar effect, you can also use pom poms to create printed designs on fabric or paper.
Pom poms can also be used in building and construction projects. They can be attached to Lego pieces to create fun and colorful structures. By adding pom poms to toothpicks, kids can create their own mini flags or even use them to make a mini pompom hoop game.
If you want to elevate your pom pom creations, you can try using different materials. Try using shrinky dinks to create unique pom poms that can be used as keychains or bag charms. You can also experiment with different colors and textures to create pompom feeder balls to attract birds to your garden.
One of the benefits of using pom poms in crafts is that they are waterproof, so they can be used in outdoor projects like making wind catchers or festive Christmas decorations. Plus, they are a great way to use up any leftover materials you may have from other craft projects.
No matter how you choose to use them, pom poms are a great way to keep kids entertained and engaged. Whether they’re creating their own pom poms or using them in various craft projects, they’re sure to have a blast and create some gorgeous and unique creations.
So if you’re ever feeling bored or looking for something fun to do, grab some materials and start making pom poms. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed!
Source: article-editing. com
38 French knitting
French knitting, also known as spool knitting or corking, is a small and unique craft that kids can easily do at home. With just a few simple materials, such as a wooden spool, nails, and string, children can create all sorts of fun and playful projects.
To get started with French knitting, you’ll need a wooden spool with four small nails or pegs inserted around the top. You can easily find spools like these at craft stores, or even repurpose empty thread spools from sewing projects. If you can’t find a wooden spool, you can also use a cardboard roll or even a small t-shirt roll.
Once you have your spool ready, wrap the end of the string around one of the nails and create a small loop. This loop will serve as the starting point for your knitting. From there, you’ll need to loop the string around each of the nails in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction, depending on your preference. This creates a mesh-like pattern as you continue to loop the string.
As you progress with your French knitting, you can adapt the basic technique to create all sorts of different projects. For example, you could make a French knitting bracelet, a keyring, or even a small pouch. The possibilities are endless, and your little ones will surely love the idea of making something unique and personal.
French knitting can be a relaxing and enjoyable activity for both kids and adults. It’s a great way to spend quality time together and create memories. Plus, it’s a wonderful way to foster creativity and imagination.
If you’re looking for inspiration, there are several retailers that offer French knitting kits and materials. You can also find plenty of tutorials and ideas online. Just search for “French knitting” on your favorite craft website or explore videos on platforms like YouTube.
So why not give French knitting a try? It’s a fun and easy craft that can be done at home, in the classroom, or even on the porch. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crafter, French knitting is sure to bring out your inner artist and add a touch of whimsy to your décor.
Remember, the key to French knitting is to have fun and let your creativity run wild. Who knows, you might just discover a new hobby or create a masterpiece. The possibilities are endless, so why not give it a go?
39 Magic scratch pictures
If you’re in need of a fun and creative activity for your kids, then magic scratch pictures are just what you’re looking for! With just a few simple materials, you can create beautiful and colorful designs that will amaze your little ones.
Everything you’ll need for this project can be found around the house. Simply gather some leaves, magazines, or any other textured objects you can find. They will work great for making unique and interesting scratch pictures.
To make your scratch pictures, you’ll need some toothpicks or small pointed objects to scratch the surface. You can also use a toothpick with a small amount of paint to create a scratch painting effect.
If you’re feeling fancy, you can even add some decorative elements to your scratch pictures. Try using a bottle cap or a keyring to create shapes and patterns. This will make your pictures even more interesting and unique.
For a magical touch, try creating French Mermaid or origami designs. Rolled magazine pages can also come in handy for creating interesting textures and patterns in your scratch pictures.
If you’re looking for some extra challenge, you can create your own indoor cornhole game. Use magazines or other small objects as the cornhole bags and see how many points you can score!
If you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of step-by-step guides available online that can help you get started. Just search for “magic scratch pictures tutorial” and you’ll find a wealth of resources to guide you through the process.
Once you complete your scratch pictures, you can use them as decorations around the house. They make great wall art or can be turned into stylish keyrings or ornaments.
If you’re feeling festive, you can even create scratch pictures with a holiday theme. Try making scratch firework designs for New Year’s or scratch snowflakes for winter décor.
So, why wait? Grab some magazines, leaves, or other textured objects, and start creating your own magic scratch pictures today! It’s a fun and inexpensive activity that your kids will absolutely adore.
Keep in mind that the process of making scratch pictures can be a bit messy, so make sure to protect your work surface and clothes.
Remember, the key to a successful scratch picture is to have fun and let your creativity flow. Don’t be afraid to try new designs and see what magic you can create!
Source: magicscratch. com
40 Homemade Stamps
Looking for a fun and creative activity to keep your kids entertained? Why not try making homemade stamps? They are a great way to unleash your child’s creativity and create unique designs. Plus, they are easy to make and can be used for a variety of art projects. Here are 40 ideas for homemade stamps that your kids will love:
- Confetti stamp: Create a stamp that looks like confetti by gluing small pieces of colorful paper onto a foam block.
- Recycled bottle cap stamp: Use the top of a plastic bottle cap as a stamp.
- Shrinky dink stamp: Draw a design on a piece of shrinky dink material and bake it to create a mini stamp.
- Rainbow stamp: Cut a sponge into the shape of a rainbow and use it as a stamp.
- Ladybug stamp: Cut a potato in half, carve a ladybug design on one half, and use it as a stamp.
- Toilet roll stamp: Bend a toilet roll tube into a shape and use it as a stamp.
- Pirate stamp: Cut a potato in half, carve a pirate design on one half, and use it as a stamp.
- Sweet wrapper stamp: Flatten a sweet wrapper and glue it onto a foam block to create a stamp.
- Recycled box stamp: Cut shapes out of cardboard boxes and use them as stamps.
- Pompom stamp: Glue several pompoms onto a foam block to create a stamp.
- Turtle stamp: Cut a potato in half, carve a turtle design on one half, and use it as a stamp.
- Mesh stamp: Cut a piece of mesh into a shape and use it as a stamp.
- Bottle cap stamp: Glue a small object, like a button or a bead, onto a bottle cap and use it as a stamp.
- Kaleidoscope stamp: Cut a sponge into the shape of a kaleidoscope and use it as a stamp.
- Leaf stamp: Press a leaf onto an ink pad and use it as a stamp.
- Magazine stamp: Cut out a picture from a magazine and glue it onto a foam block to create a stamp.
- Recycled bottle stamp: Cut the bottom off a plastic bottle, dip it in paint, and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled mesh stamp: Cut a piece of mesh from a fruit or vegetable bag and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled bottle cap stamp: Glue a small object, like a button or a bead, onto the top of a plastic bottle cap and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled box stamp: Cut shapes out of cardboard boxes and use them as stamps.
- Recycled mesh stamp: Cut a piece of mesh from a fruit or vegetable bag and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled bottle cap stamp: Glue a small object, like a button or a bead, onto the top of a plastic bottle cap and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled box stamp: Cut shapes out of cardboard boxes and use them as stamps.
- Recycled mesh stamp: Cut a piece of mesh from a fruit or vegetable bag and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled bottle cap stamp: Glue a small object, like a button or a bead, onto the top of a plastic bottle cap and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled box stamp: Cut shapes out of cardboard boxes and use them as stamps.
- Recycled mesh stamp: Cut a piece of mesh from a fruit or vegetable bag and use it as a stamp.
- Recycled box stamp: Cut shapes out of cardboard boxes and use them as stamps.
- Recycled mesh stamp: Cut a piece of mesh from a fruit or vegetable bag and use it as a stamp.
These homemade stamps will let your child’s imagination run wild and provide hours of creative fun. So, gather your materials and get crafting!
41 Toilet roll animals
If you’re looking for a fun and frugal craft activity to keep the kids entertained at home, toilet roll animals are the perfect choice. With just a few simple materials like toilet rolls, paper, glue, and paint, you can create a whole menagerie of adorable creatures that your children will love.
To get started, collect some empty toilet rolls and gather your art supplies. You’ll also need some additional materials like colored paper, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, and pom-poms to give your animals some extra personality.
For a sweet and whimsical craft, you can create toilet roll animals like caterpillars, frogs, and dinosaurs. To make a caterpillar, simply paint the toilet roll green and add pipe cleaners for legs. Get creative with the colors and patterns to make each caterpillar unique. For a frog, paint the roll green and glue on googly eyes and a red tongue. And for a dinosaur, paint the roll any color you like and add extra details like spikes or teeth using colored paper.
If your child is a fan of more modern and wild animals, you can try making a toilet roll spider or hula hoop snake. For the spider, paint the roll black and attach pipe cleaners for legs. For the hula hoop snake, cut the roll into smaller sections and glue them together in a winding pattern. Add googly eyes and a forked tongue for extra fun.
Not only are toilet roll animals a fun and creative activity, but they also provide a great opportunity to teach your children about different animals and their habitats. Use the internet or books to research the animals you’re making, and then provide some facts to share with your kids. It’s a fun way to learn together!
Once your toilet roll animals are finished, you can arrange them in your child’s room or display them on a corkboard. They also make great props for imaginative play or can be used as decorations for special occasions like Easter or birthdays.
So the next time your kids are feeling bored or you’re looking for a fun craft to do during the holidays, grab some toilet rolls and get creative with toilet roll animals! They’re messy, they’re fun, and they’re sure to bring a smile to your child’s face.
42 Friendship bracelets
Summer is the perfect time for kids to use their hands and get creative with art and craft projects. Friendship bracelets are a versatile and fun craft that kids can make at home. Whether they are creating a bracelet for themselves or for a friend, these colorful accessories are sure to bring joy and memories.
There are so many different friendship bracelet designs and techniques to try, including the classic strip pattern, the captivating confetti bracelet, and the eye-catching native button bracelet. Kids can experiment with different colors and materials to create their own unique designs.
If you’re not sure what type of friendship bracelet to make, don’t worry! There are plenty of ideas available online. Websites like Pinterest and craft blogs are great resources for finding inspiration and step-by-step tutorials. You can also try making a friendship bracelet with specific themes, such as summer, Easter, or even fireflies.
Creating friendship bracelets is not only a fantastic summer activity, but it also allows kids to develop their imagination and hand-eye coordination. It’s a fun way to spend time outdoors, and it’s a great way to share your finished creations with friends and family.
To get started, you will need some basic materials like string or wool and a strip of cardboard or a mesh for weaving. You can also get creative by using items like buttons, beads, and even recycled materials like bottle caps or wood. The possibilities are endless!
Once you have your materials ready, it’s time to start making your friendship bracelets. The process may seem a bit daunting at first, but with a little practice, you’ll be able to create beautiful bracelets in no time. Don’t worry if you make a mistake – art is all about experimentation and progress!
Whether you’re a crafty kid or a parent looking for a fun activity for your children, making friendship bracelets is a sweet and enjoyable way to spend time together. It’s a memorable and creative experience that will create lasting memories.
If you’re looking for some extra inspiration, I recommend checking out the coolest friendship bracelet designs on social media platforms like Instagram or TikTok. There you can find unique and impressive designs that will make you want to start creating right away.
So, gather your supplies, let your imagination run wild, and start making some beautiful friendship bracelets. Who knows, maybe you’ll discover a hidden talent for jewelry making!
43 Paper spring flowers
When it comes to art and craft activities for kids, making paper spring flowers is always a favorite. It is not only satisfying, but also a fun and creative way to spend time at home.
To make paper spring flowers, you will need a few basic supplies. One idea is to gather different colored strips of paper and glue them together to create a beautiful flower. Another idea is to use corkboard and cut out flower shapes, then decorate them with paint or glitter. You can also use empty egg cartons or bottle caps to create unique and eye-catching flowers.
One fun and easy project is making a paper butterfly as a classroom or home decoration. All you need is a strip of paper, some colors, and a string to hang it. It’s a cheap and frugal way to add a touch of spring to your living space.
If you want to get more creative, you can try your hand at making origami flowers. There are plenty of origami tutorials available online, and they can be a fun way to explore different colors and shapes.
For those who love a bit of sparkle, adding glitter to your paper flowers can make them shine and stand out. You can also use yarn or string to create fluffy petals, or even incorporate some beads or buttons for an extra special touch.
Another idea is to make paper flower holders, which can be a great way to display your paper flowers in a unique and inventive way. You can use a specialist flower globe or a simple cardboard cutout to hold your paper flowers.
Whether it’s a simple paper flower or a more intricate origami creation, making paper spring flowers can be a relaxing and enjoyable activity for kids and parents alike. It allows you to let your creativity shine and adds a touch of color to your home or classroom. So, grab your scissors and glue and start making your own beautiful paper flowers!
Source: “50 fun art and craft ideas for kids to make at home”
44 Desk Pals Organizer Set
Looking for a fun and practical way to arrange your desk items? Look no further than our adorable Desk Pals Organizer Set! These fluffy companions will keep your workspace tidy and your hands entertained.
When it comes to desk organizers, there’s nothing quite as eye-catching as these cute Desk Pals. Made from twigs, store-bought organizers, and a little bit of creativity, these handyman-inspired creations are sure to make your desk the coolest one around.
Whether you choose the snake-shaped organizer for your pens and pencils or the butterfly-themed one for your paperclips and sticky notes, there’s a Desk Pal for everyone’s taste. Plus, these whimsical desk buddies also provide the added benefits of keeping your desk clean and your supplies within easy reach.
If you’re feeling crafty, you can even make your own Desk Pals using materials like twine, twigs, and leaves from your backyard. Simply browse through our list of instructions and let your imagination run wild. Your desk will instantly become a captivating piece of art!
Not only are these desk organizers functional, but they also make great decorations for other rooms in your house. Hang them on your porch to add a festive touch, or place them in your gardens for an eye-catching display. There’s no limit to what you can do with these mini sculptures!
And for those who prefer a more modern look, we recommend our Desk Pals made from clean cans and frugal supplies. With just a few dinks and scratches, you can create an instant conversation starter.
So, why wait? Get your hands on our Desk Pals Organizer Set and manage your desk in style. Whether you’re a sewing enthusiast, a book lover, or someone who just needs a place to store their lemonade, there’s a Desk Pal for every need. Make your workspace more fun and efficient today!
45 Pipe cleaner animals
- Create a whole menagerie of adorable pipe cleaner animals with your kids. This simple and fun craft allows them to unleash their creativity and make their own little animal pals.
- With just a handful of pipe cleaners, your little ones can make animals that will shine in their small hands. From the coolest lion to the cutest ladybug, the possibilities are endless.
- Start by gathering your materials: pipe cleaners in various colors, toothpicks, and tiny pom poms. These can be found at most retailers and are often available in festive colors. You can also adapt the colors to match your child’s favorite animals.
- To make a pipe cleaner animal, simply twist and shape the pipe cleaner into the desired figure. Use toothpicks for legs, create a bird’s beak or a cat’s whiskers, and add pom poms for eyes.
- During the crafting process, you can also teach your child about different animals and their characteristics. Talk about the benefits of each animal, such as a bird’s ability to fly or a cat’s agility. This can spark their curiosity and love for nature.
- Once the pipe cleaner animals are complete, they can be used for various purposes. They can become decorations for your child’s room, hanging from a wire or a branch, or be used as puppets for imaginative play.
- If your child enjoys outdoor activities, you can create pipe cleaner animals to decorate your garden. Attach them to fence posts or stack them on top of old lemonade bottles for a whimsical touch.
- For a handy craft that can be taken on-the-go, make a pipe cleaner animal keychain. Attach a small metal ring to the figure, and your child will have a colorful and stylish keychain to keep their keys together.
- Another fun idea is to make a pipe cleaner animal mobile. Use a wooden or plastic hanger as the base, and attach pipe cleaner animals to it. Hang the mobile in your child’s room, and they will have a captivating piece of homemade décor.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even create a pipe cleaner animal necklace or bracelet. Simply thread the pipe cleaners through beads, and secure the ends. Your child can wear their creations with pride.
- Of course, the fun doesn’t stop at animals. Pipe cleaners can be used to make various other figures and shapes. From flowers to stars to abstract sculptures, let your child’s imagination run wild.
- Give your child a chance to shine with these pipe cleaner animal crafts. Whether they’re helping you twist pipe cleaners or coming up with their own unique creations, this activity is sure to bring out their creativity and artistic skills.
- So gather your materials and get ready to have some fun! Pipe cleaner animals are the perfect craft for kids of all ages, and the possibilities are endless. Start making your own pipe cleaner animal menagerie today!
46 Toilet roll cars
If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to repurpose empty toilet paper rolls, then these toilet roll cars are just the ticket! This DIY craft is perfect for kids who love cars and want to use their imaginations to create their own sweet ride.
To make the toilet roll cars, you’ll need a few simple materials: empty toilet paper rolls, colored paper or paint, scissors, glue, and any decorations you’d like to add, such as googly eyes or stickers. Start by cutting a slit in the back of the toilet paper roll to create a seat for your car’s driver. Then, let your child’s imagination run wild as they decorate their car! They can use colored paper or paint to create a custom paint job, add stickers to give their car some character, or even glue on toothpick wheels for a back to the future effect.
Once the cars are decorated to your child’s liking, they’re ready to hit the road! Your child can use their toilet roll car to create all sorts of fun memories and imaginary adventures. They can pretend to feed the birds with the car’s built-in bird feeders, have a sweet tooth and serve marshmallow treats from the back, or even use it as a firework launcher for their own mini fireworks display.
If you’re looking for a fantastic craft idea to share on your blog or social media, these toilet roll cars are sure to be a hit! They’re easy and cheap to make, and the possibilities for customization are endless. Plus, they’re a fantastic way to use up those empty toilet paper rolls that seem to accumulate so quickly.
Don’t let your child get bored this summer. Get them involved in making these fantastic toilet roll cars and let their imaginations run wild. With their custom creations, they can have tons of fun in the garden, pretending to drive around, going on treasure hunts, or even playing a game of car racing. The garden is a great place for them to explore their sensory skills, develop their fine motor skills and build confidence as they navigate the grassy terrain.
When they’re done playing outside, these toy cars also make great organisers for their rooms. They can arrange them on a corkboard or line them up on a shelf as a stylish accent to their bedroom decor. And if you’re feeling extra creative, you can even make a whole town for their cars using recycled materials like newspaper and pebbles.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab those empty toilet paper rolls and start crafting! Before you know it, you’ll have a fleet of toy cars ready to hit the road and spark your child’s imagination and creativity. Whether they’re racing around the garden or organizing their toy collection, these toilet roll cars are sure to bring hours of fun and play.
If you’re looking for a fluffy way to keep your kids entertained, spirographs are the key. With the help of tutorials, they can create all sorts of mood-boosting designs. From keyrings to native animal accents, the possibilities are endless. Plus, in addition to providing hours of fun, spirographs also help develop creativity and hand-eye coordination.
There’s always a gathering of spirograph enthusiasts online, and you should think about joining the fun! Browse through Pinterest or check out retailers’ websites for colorful spirograph sets. There’s a wide variety of designs to choose from, including pastels, newspaper prints, and even leaves for a unique touch.
If your child loves animals, they’re in luck! Spirograph kits often come with animal-themed templates, so they can create their own jellyfish pals or race a dinosaur across the page. And for a touch of magic, lights can be added to the spirograph machine for a mesmerizing display.
If you’re not sure where to start, a simple hackshaw pattern is always a safe bet. It’s easy to trace with a pen, and the end result is a colorful masterpiece. Plus, once your child gets the hang of it, they can experiment with different designs and colors.
Whether you plan to display their creations or simply want to remember the fun, spirographs can be painted and framed as unique artwork. And if boredom strikes, grab a spirograph and some paper to keep your child entertained on a rainy day. They can even use the spirograph as a guide to create their own crown or globe.
And don’t forget about spirograph-themed crafts! Soap-making is a hands-on activity that will also develop their creativity. In addition, collecting pebbles to line the base of a flower pot or making pom-poms with leftover yarn can be a great way to use up any extra spirograph designs.
So, throw away the trash and make your own fortune with spirographs. They’re school-friendly, child-friendly, and a great way to relax and have fun. With a spirograph and some sand, you can create your own personal beach scene. In no time, your child will be a spirograph pro!
48 Nature trail clay sculptures
If you’re looking for a fun and creative outdoor art project, why not try making nature trail clay sculptures? This idea is perfect for kids who love exploring nature and getting their hands dirty, and it can be done instantly with just a few simple materials.
To make your nature trail clay sculptures, start by taking a walk in your backyard or local park and collect a variety of leaves, twigs, and other natural materials. Then, using air-dry clay or salt dough, you can begin building your sculptures. Let your imagination run wild – you could make animals, creatures, or even a mini birdhouse!
If you’re working with younger children, a parent or guardian could help with the making process. Once the sculptures are done, let them dry and your outdoor art pieces will be ready to go. They can be hung from trees, placed on tables, or even used as lanterns – the choice is yours!
The great thing about nature trail clay sculptures is that they can be as whimsical or modern as you like. You can paint them in bright colours, add confetti or even use Easter stickers to give them a special touch. The step-by-step process of making the sculptures is also a wonderful opportunity to spark your child’s creativity and encourage their fine motor skills.
Not only are nature trail clay sculptures a fantastic way for kids to get in touch with nature and explore their creative side, but they also make for beautiful decorations. Whether you prefer a more natural look or something bright and colourful, these sculptures will add a unique touch to your outdoor space.
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and engaging art activity to do with your kids, why not try making nature trail clay sculptures? It’s a simple, enjoyable project that allows you to create lasting memories while enjoying the beauty of nature.
49 Loom bands
If you have a young and creative child at home, loom bands are the perfect craft activity for them. These tiny elastic bands can be used to create a wide variety of colorful accessories. From bracelets to keychains, there are endless possibilities for your child to explore.
One of the best things about loom bands is that they are incredibly easy to use and require very little supervision. All your child needs is a loom kit, which typically includes a loom board, a hook, and plenty of colorful bands. The loom board has a grid of small pegs that the bands are stretched and hooked onto, allowing your child to create different designs and patterns.
The cost of loom bands is also very affordable, making them a great option for frugal parents. They are widely available in craft stores, and you can even find loom band kits online. Plus, the bands come in packs with a variety of colors, so your child will have plenty of options to choose from.
Once your child starts making loom band creations, they’ll want to share them with everyone. You can help them make adorable keychains or backpack charms to give to their friends or family members as gifts. These loom band accessories are fun and inexpensive, and they will surely bring a smile to anyone who receives them.
Loom bands can also be used to make other fun crafts. Your child can create loom band hair accessories like headbands or hair ties. They can also make loom band animals, flowers, or even mini kites. The possibilities are endless, and your child’s imagination is the limit.
If you’re looking for more ideas, Pinterest is a great resource for finding loom band patterns and tutorials. You can find everything from loom band picture frames to loom band dream catchers. There are tons of creative and colorful projects to try.
In addition to loom bands, there are other craft supplies that your child can use to enhance their creations. Shrinky dinks, pompoms, buttons, and even nail polish can be incorporated into loom band crafts. Your child can also use twine or metallic string to add some extra flair.
Loom bands are a fantastic way to keep your child entertained during school holidays or rainy days. They are not only a fun and creative activity, but they also help develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Plus, making loom band creations can be a great bonding activity for you and your child.
So, next time your child is looking for something to do, why not suggest making loom bands? It’s a simple craft that can be done by children of all ages, from younger kids to teenagers. Plus, it’s a great way to manage screen time and encourage your child to use their imagination.
What’s more, loom bands are a great addition to the classroom. They are a child-friendly and mess-free activity that allows children to express their creativity. Loom bands can be used as a reward or as part of a lesson on patterns and colors. They can even be used for team-building activities or to create decorations for the classroom.
In conclusion, loom bands are an inexpensive and fun craft activity for kids to make at home. Whether they’re making bracelets, keychains, or even loom band cookies, your child is sure to have a blast creating these colorful accessories. So, gather your supplies and get ready to embark on a loom band adventure.
50 Shrink plastic handprint keyrings
Looking for a fun and creative craft project to do with your kids? Look no further! Shrink plastic handprint keyrings are a fantastic way to spend quality time with your little ones while also creating a unique and personalized keepsake.
To get started, gather the following materials:
- Shrink plastic sheets
- Toilet paper rolls
- Flower petals or leaves
- Disco yarn or string
- Egg carton
- Colorful markers or pencils
- Stuck-on metallic or other various décor
Once you have everything prepared, follow these simple steps:
- Trace your child’s handprint onto the shrink plastic sheets using a marker or pencil.
- Cut out the handprint shape using scissors.
- Add any additional details or decorations to the handprint, such as leaves or flower petals.
- Punch a hole at the top of the handprint for the keyring.
- Place the handprint onto the egg carton, ensuring it is flat.
- Bake the handprint in the oven following the instructions on the shrink plastic packaging. The handprint will shrink and harden as it bakes.
- Once the handprint has cooled down, use markers or pencils to color it in, creating a vibrant and personalized design.
- Thread a piece of disco yarn or string through the hole in the handprint to create a loop for the keyring.
Voila! Your shrink plastic handprint keyring is now ready to be used. You can attach it to keys, backpacks, or even use it as a decorative item in your child’s room.
Creating shrink plastic handprint keyrings is not only a fun craft activity, but it also allows your child to explore their creativity and develop their fine motor skills. Plus, the end result is a unique and personalized keepsake that can be treasured for years to come.
If you’ve never worked with shrink plastic before, don’t worry – there are plenty of online tutorials and crafting tips available to help you along the way. Simply search for “shrink plastic crafts” and you’ll find a wealth of resources to guide you through the process.
So, don’t just sit there – get started on your own shrink plastic handprint keyrings today! You and your child will have a blast, and you’ll create some lasting memories in the process. Enjoy!
51 Shrinky Dinks
If you’re currently looking for a fun and inventive craft idea for kids, look no further than Shrinky Dinks. This age-old craft never gets old and is a great way to keep young minds engaged and creatively busy.
Shrinky Dinks are sheets of plastic that can be colored on with pencils, markers, or crayons and then baked in the oven. As they heat up, the plastic shrinks and hardens, turning into a smaller, thicker version of the original artwork. It’s like magic!
There are tons of fun and whimsical things you can make with Shrinky Dinks. Whether it’s keychains, jewelry, or even buttons, the possibilities are endless. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Shrinky Dink Flowers: Draw or trace flowers onto Shrinky Dink sheets, color them in, and watch them shrink into cute little flower charms.
2. Shrinky Dink Fortune Teller: Make a Shrinky Dink fortune teller by following a simple template, then decorate it with your child’s favorite designs.
3. Shrinky Dink Quilting: Cut out different shapes from Shrinky Dink sheets and arrange them like a quilt. Then, simply bake and watch your quilt come to life.
4. Shrinky Dink Pots: Draw and color tiny pots on Shrinky Dink sheets, then attach them to popsicle sticks to create a mini garden.
5. Shrinky Dink Sheep Picture: Draw a picture of a sheep on a Shrinky Dink sheet, color it in, and watch it transform into a cute little sheep keychain or magnet.
6. Shrinky Dink Sewing: Use a hole punch to make holes around the edges of a Shrinky Dink sheet, then sew them together with colorful thread to make a mini sewing project.
7. Shrinky Dink Festive Decorations: Create festive decorations for different holidays, such as Easter eggs or Christmas ornaments.
8. Shrinky Dink Rainbows: Draw colorful rainbows on Shrinky Dink sheets and turn them into keychains or pendants.
9. Shrinky Dink Rope Chime: Cut out different shapes from Shrinky Dink sheets and attach them to a rope to create a whimsical wind chime.
10. Shrinky Dink Animal Drawings: Draw your favorite animals on Shrinky Dink sheets and turn them into keychains or magnets.
11. Shrinky Dink Rock Gathering: Use Shrinky Dinks to create unique and personal designs on rocks, turning them into special treasures.
12. Shrinky Dink Mother’s Day Printables: Make personalized Shrinky Dink keychains or pendants for Mother’s Day, featuring your child’s artwork.
13. Shrinky Dink Helping Hands: Create Shrinky Dink hand shapes and write kind messages or helpful reminders on them.
14. Shrinky Dink Classroom Name Tags: Make name tags for your child’s classroom using Shrinky Dinks. They’re fun and easy to personalize.
15. Shrinky Dink Snakes and Ladders: Draw a snakes and ladders board on a Shrinky Dink sheet and play an age-old game in a new, mini size.
These are just a few ideas to get you started with Shrinky Dinks. The best part is that they’re inexpensive and can be done indoors, making them perfect for rainy days or when you need a break from screen time. Start gathering your supplies and let your child’s creativity come to life with Shrinky Dinks!
52 DIY Air Dry Clay
If you’re looking for a versatile craft material that is easy to work with and doesn’t require baking, air dry clay is the perfect choice. Whether you’re a young artist or a crafty parent, air dry clay offers endless possibilities for creativity and fun. Here are 52 DIY air dry clay projects to get you started:
|1||Funky Clay Frames||Create unique frames for your favorite pictures.|
|2||Magical Fairy Doors||Add a touch of magic to your living space with these enchanting doors.|
|3||Rock Painting||Turn ordinary rocks into cute little creatures or colorful decorations.|
|4||Sheep Figurines||Mold and shape adorable clay sheep to decorate your garden.|
|5||DIY Clay Lanterns||Create beautiful lanterns to light up your evenings.|
|6||Wind Chime||Make a whimsical wind chime using clay and string.|
|7||Printable Clay Characters||Download and print character templates to create your own clay figurines.|
|8||DIY Clay Jewelry||Design and craft your own funky clay jewelry.|
|9||Butterfly Mobile||Create a colorful mobile with clay butterflies.|
|10||DIY Clay Bookends||Add a touch of whimsy to your bookshelf with clay bookends.|
|11||Shrinky Dink Keychains||Turn your clay creations into shrinky dink keychains.|
|12||DIY Clay Planters||Create unique planters for your indoor or outdoor gardens.|
|13||Clay Photo Holders||Showcase your favorite pictures with clay photo holders.|
|14||Clay Coasters||Make personalized coasters for your drinks.|
|15||Clay Wall Art||Create stunning clay wall art pieces to decorate your home.|
|16||DIY Clay Bowls||Mold and shape clay into unique bowls for your daily use.|
|17||Cute Clay Animals||Create cute animal figurines using air dry clay.|
|18||Clay Mask Making||Get creative and make your own clay masks.|
|19||DIY Clay Ornaments||Create personalized ornaments for special occasions.|
|20||Clay Handprint Keepsake||Capture your child’s handprint in clay as a lasting memory.|
|21||DIY Clay Bag Charms||Add a touch of personal flair to your bags with clay charms.|
|22||Clay Tic Tac Toe Game||Create your own game set using air dry clay.|
|23||DIY Clay Magnets||Make cute and functional magnets using clay.|
|24||Clay Wall Hangings||Create unique wall hangings with clay.|
|25||Clay Pencil Toppers||Add a touch of fun to your pencils with clay toppers.|
|26||Clay Wind Spinners||Create colorful wind spinners using clay.|
|27||DIY Clay Keychains||Add a personal touch to your keys with clay keychains.|
|28||Clay Necklace Pendants||Design and create unique clay pendants for necklaces.|
|29||Clay Photo Frames||Frame your favorite moments with clay photo frames.|
|30||Clay Wall Clock||Create a stylish wall clock with air dry clay.|
|31||DIY Clay Bookmarks||Make cute clay bookmarks for your favorite books.|
|32||Clay Coasters||Create unique and colorful coasters using clay.|
|33||Clay Earrings||Design and craft your own clay earrings.|
|34||DIY Clay Mobile Phone Stand||Create a handy stand for your mobile phone.|
|35||Clay Wall Hooks||Create functional and stylish wall hooks using clay.|
|36||DIY Clay Christmas Decorations||Create festive ornaments and decorations for Christmas.|
|37||Clay Key Holders||Create a handy key holder using clay.|
|38||DIY Clay Bracelets||Design and create unique clay bracelets.|
|39||Clay Tea Light Holders||Create beautiful tea light holders using air dry clay.|
|40||Clay Candle Holders||Create unique candle holders with clay.|
|41||DIY Clay Wall Decor||Create stunning wall art pieces using air dry clay.|
|42||Clay Plant Markers||Label your plants with personalized clay markers.|
|43||DIY Clay Badges||Create funky badges using clay.|
|44||Clay Christmas Ornaments||Create personalized ornaments for the holiday season.|
|45||Clay Bookshelf Accessories||Add unique clay accessories to your bookshelf.|
|46||DIY Clay Buttons||Create custom buttons using air dry clay.|
|47||Clay Wall Tiles||Create decorative wall tiles with clay.|
|48||DIY Clay Earrings Holder||Create a functional and stylish holder for your earrings.|
|49||Clay Paperweights||Create unique and funky paperweights using clay.|
|50||DIY Clay Hair Accessories||Create unique hair accessories using air dry clay.|
|51||Clay Wall Clock||Add a touch of creativity to your home with a clay wall clock.|
|52||Clay Book Covers||Protect your books with personalized clay book covers.|
Air dry clay is not only a great craft material for kids, but also for adults. It’s a handy and easy-to-use material that allows you to let your imagination run wild. Whether you’re creating funky home decor pieces, unique gifts, or simply relaxing with a creative project, air dry clay is a versatile and enjoyable medium to work with.
So pick a project that catches your eye and start creating your own clay masterpieces today!
53 Drawing ideas for kids
When it comes to art and creativity, drawing is always a great option for kids. It allows them to express their imagination and create something unique. Here are 53 drawing ideas for kids that will surely spark their creativity and keep them engaged:
- Pirate heads: Let your child draw their own pirate character complete with an eyepatch and a hat.
- Rainbows: Encourage your child to create colorful and vibrant rainbows using different colors.
- Firework display: Kids can create a dazzling firework display using different shapes and colors.
- Snakes and ladders: Let them draw a snakes and ladders game board using their own imagination.
- French burlap décor: Guide them to draw a French-inspired burlap décor complete with flowers and twigs.
- Carton houses: Encourage your child to draw their dream house using a simple carton as a base.
- Jellyfish: Let them draw colorful and unique jellyfish using their imagination.
- Pebble gardens: Kids can draw their own pebble gardens complete with flowers and plants.
- Mini bookshelf: Encourage them to draw a mini bookshelf and arrange their favorite books on it.
- Marbles: Let them draw a collection of marbles with different patterns and colors.
- Woodworking tools: Kids can draw different woodworking tools to show their interest in carpentry.
- Toilet paper roll art: Guide them to draw creative art on a toilet paper roll and use it as a decorative holder.
- Clothespin characters: Encourage your child to draw and color different characters on wooden clothespins.
- Sticks and twigs: Kids can create unique art by arranging sticks and twigs to form different shapes and objects.
- Scratch art: Let them create scratch art by drawing colorful patterns on a black sheet and scratching them off to reveal the colors.
- Face painting: Kids can draw and paint different face designs on paper to practice face painting.
- Mini rainbows: Guide them to draw mini rainbows using a fine-tip pen, focusing on the details.
- Writing hands: Encourage your child to draw their own hands holding a pencil or pen.
- Mini gardens: Let them draw miniature gardens with flowers and plants inside a small pot or container.
- Accent art: Kids can draw and color accents to add a special touch to their artwork.
- Collecting memories: Guide them to draw their favorite memories and arrange them in a scrapbook.
- Twig art: Encourage your child to draw using twigs as a unique art tool.
- Painted rocks: Let them draw and paint different patterns and designs on rocks.
- Christmas decorations: Kids can draw and color their own Christmas decorations to hang on the tree.
- Animal kingdom: Guide them to draw their favorite animals and create a mini zoo.
- Magical creatures: Encourage your child to draw their own magical creatures using their imagination.
- Fruit and vegetable art: Let them draw and color different fruits and vegetables to create a vibrant art piece.
- Abstract art: Kids can create abstract art using different shapes and colors.
- Outer space: Guide them to draw outer space scenes with planets, stars, and spaceships.
- Transportation vehicles: Encourage your child to draw their favorite vehicles like cars, planes, and trains.
- Underwater world: Let them draw colorful fishes and corals to create an underwater scene.
- Emojis: Kids can draw their favorite emojis and create a funny and expressive art piece.
- Food art: Guide them to draw their favorite food items and arrange them in a creative way.
- Rainy day: Encourage your child to draw a rainy day scene complete with raindrops and umbrellas.
- Superheroes: Let them draw their own superheroes with special powers and costumes.
- Space aliens: Kids can draw their own space aliens with unique features and characteristics.
- Favorite cartoon characters: Guide them to draw their favorite cartoon characters in a unique way.
- Seasonal art: Encourage your child to draw art pieces inspired by different seasons.
- Insects and bugs: Let them draw different insects and bugs to create a mini nature scene.
- Family portraits: Kids can draw portraits of their family members and create a special keepsake.
- Fantasy castles: Guide them to draw their own fantasy castles with turrets and secret passages.
- Glow-in-the-dark art: Encourage your child to draw with glow-in-the-dark markers and see their art light up.
- Abstract faces: Let them draw abstract faces using different shapes and lines.
- Toy collection: Kids can draw their favorite toys and create a mini gallery.
- Music-inspired art: Guide them to draw art pieces inspired by their favorite music.
- Self-portraits: Encourage your child to create self-portraits to capture their own unique features.
- Favorite places: Let them draw their favorite places like the park, beach, or mountains.
- Robot world: Kids can draw a futuristic robot world with different robots and gadgets.
- Floating clouds: Guide them to draw fluffy clouds floating in the sky.
- Magical wands: Encourage your child to draw their own magical wands with special powers.
- Nature’s beauty: Let them draw landscapes inspired by nature’s beauty like mountains and forests.
- Historical landmarks: Kids can draw famous historical landmarks from around the world.
- City skyline: Guide them to draw a city skyline with tall buildings and bustling streets.
- Favorite books: Encourage your child to draw their favorite book covers and create a mini library.
These drawing ideas provide a wide range of options for kids to explore their creativity and have fun. Whether they prefer drawing animals, landscapes, or imaginary creatures, there’s something to suit every taste. So grab some paper and pencils, and let the artistic adventure begin!
Beat boredom with fun arts and crafts for kids
Looking for ways to keep your kids entertained at home? Look no further! We have a list of 50 exciting art and craft ideas that will surely beat boredom and spark their creativity. From making lanterns out of recycled materials to building adorable twig animals, there is something for every young artist.
1. Recycled lanterns: Gather old jars and bottles and turn them into magical lanterns with a little paint and some twine. These lanterns will shine bright and add a whimsical touch to any room.
2. Flower pops: Let your child become an aspiring florist by creating beautiful flower pops using tissue paper and popsicle sticks. These colorful flowers will bring a burst of joy to any garden or vase.
3. Twig animals: Take a walk outside and collect twigs, leaves, and pebbles to create adorable animals. From turtles to frogs, these woodland creatures will make any child’s imagination soar.
4. Book theater: Elevate storytime by creating a miniature theater out of a shoebox. Use old book pages as curtains and let your child bring their favorite story characters to life.
5. Confetti cookies: Turn ordinary cookies into a festive treat by adding colorful confetti inside the dough. Your little ones will love the surprise burst of color!
6. Trendy capes: Help your child transform into a superhero with a trendy cape made from an old T-shirt. Let them choose their favorite colors and watch their imagination soar.
7. Modern stitching: Introduce your child to the art of stitching with a simple and modern design. Gather some colorful thread and a needle and show them the basics of this timeless craft.
8. Sand designs: Take a trip to the beach (or simply use sand from your backyard) and let your child create intricate designs in a tray. The possibilities are endless!
9. Slime fun: If your child is fond of slime, why not make it at home? All you need is some glue, borax, and food coloring, and they’ll have hours of squishy fun.
10. Toilet roll turtles: Turn empty toilet paper rolls into adorable turtles with a little paint and some googly eyes. These little creatures are fun to make and great for imaginative play.
Remember, the key to keeping kids entertained is to provide them with a variety of creative projects. Whether it’s recycling materials for a lantern or knitting their own scarf, there are endless possibilities for fun arts and crafts at home. So gather your materials and get started on a journey of creativity and bonding with your child!
Easy face painting ideas for kids
If you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to keep your kids entertained at home, face painting is a great choice. It allows children to express their creativity and can be a versatile craft that kids of all ages can enjoy. Plus, it’s a great way to add some color and excitement to any gathering or party. Here are some easy face painting ideas that you can try with your kids:
1. Animal faces: Kids love pretending to be different animals, so why not let them turn into their favorite animals with face paint? From cute bunnies for Easter to fierce tigers and beautiful butterflies, the possibilities are endless.
2. Superheroes and princesses: Let your kids feel like superheroes or princesses by painting their faces to resemble their favorite characters. Whether it’s Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, or Elsa from Frozen, they’ll love having their face painted like a real superhero or princess.
3. Sports fans: Is your child a big fan of a specific sports team? Show their team spirit by painting their face with the team’s colors and logo. It’s a fun way to support their favorite team and show off their enthusiasm.
4. Fantasy creatures: Unleash your child’s imagination by transforming them into mythical creatures like unicorns, dragons, or fairies. This can be a great opportunity for them to create their own magical stories and characters.
5. Abstract designs: If your child loves bright colors and unique patterns, let them explore their creativity with abstract face painting. Whether it’s colorful swirls, geometric shapes, or bold patterns, abstract designs can be a fun and satisfying way for kids to express themselves.
6. Nature-inspired: Get inspired by nature and create face paint designs that resemble flowers, leaves, or even animals like ladybugs or butterflies. It’s a great way to bring a touch of the outdoors to your child’s face.
7. Around the world: Help your child learn about different cultures by painting their face with traditional designs from around the world. From tribal patterns to henna-inspired designs, it’s a fun and educational way for them to explore different traditions.
8. Classic favorites: Some face painting ideas never go out of style, like clown faces, pirate faces, or princess crowns. These classic designs are always a hit and can be a great option if your child can’t decide on a specific theme.
Remember: When using face paint, make sure to use non-toxic and child-friendly paints. Avoid painting near the eyes or mouth and always test a small area of the skin before applying the paint. And most importantly, have fun and let your child’s creativity run wild!
Creating art and crafts with kids is not only a fun activity, but it also encourages their creativity and imagination. In this article, we have compiled a list of 50 fun art and craft ideas for kids to make at home. These ideas are contributed by various authors who have shared their creativity and crafting skills to inspire young minds.
Here are some of the talented authors and their fantastic craft ideas:
1. Ball Winding
Author: Crafty Mama
Children can create colorful balls by winding yarn or rope around sticks or their fingers. This simple yet entertaining craft allows kids to create balls of different sizes and colors. They can use these balls for various games or even as decoration.
2. Animal Sculptures
Author: Creative Kids
This craft idea involves molding and shaping clay or playdough into animal sculptures. Kids can use their imagination to create their favorite animals or even come up with new creatures. They can then paint their sculptures or add details using markers or other craft supplies.
3. Leaf Treasure Strip
Author: Nature Explorer
Children can collect leaves of different shapes and sizes and stick them onto a long strip of paper or cardboard to create a beautiful leaf treasure strip. They can color the leaves with pastels or paint to make them more vibrant. This craft is a great way for kids to explore nature and learn about the different types of leaves.
4. Face Plate Stitch
Author: Crafty Kids
Using paper plates, children can create unique and colorful face plates. They can cut out features like eyes, nose, and mouth from magazines and paste them onto the plate. Adding some yarn or string as hair using stitching techniques will give these face plates a fun and 3D effect.
5. Treehouse Magazine Safe
Author: Crafty Mag
Kids can repurpose old magazines to create a safe for their small treasures. They can fold the pages of the magazine in a special way to create compartments where they can store their small items. This craft is not only useful but also a great way to recycle old magazines.
6. Festive Tables DIYer
Author: Party Crafts
This craft idea allows children to create festive table decorations using various materials. They can make colorful and themed tablecloths, napkin rings, and centerpieces using paper, fabric, and other craft supplies. This will add a festive vibe to any special occasion or holiday celebration.
7. Handyman Age-Old Organiser
Author: Handy Creations
Children can create their own handyman age-old organizer using small sticks or popsicle sticks. By arranging the sticks in a specific pattern and gluing them together, kids can create a unique and functional organizer where they can store their small craft supplies or other treasures.
8. Caterpillar Writing Step-by-Step
Author: Creative Writers
Kids can create their own caterpillar by drawing and cutting out several circles of different sizes from colored paper. They can then glue these circles together to form a caterpillar shape. Each circle can represent a step in a story or a writing prompt, allowing kids to practice their writing skills in a fun and interactive way.
9. Native Colored Hands
Author: Indigenous Crafts
This craft idea allows kids to create colorful handprints using paint or markers. They can then cut out and decorate these handprints to represent different native symbols or animals. This craft is a great way for kids to learn about native cultures and explore different art styles.
10. Easter Egg Construction
Author: Crafty Easter
Kids can create their own Easter eggs using various materials like paper, fabric, or even recycled materials like cardboard or egg cartons. They can decorate these eggs with paint, glitter, stickers, or any other craft supplies they have at home. This craft idea is a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays and create personalized gifts.
These are just a few of the amazing craft ideas contributed by our talented authors. Whether you are looking for fine details or step-by-step tutorials, this collection of 50 art and craft ideas will surely inspire you and your little ones. So gather your materials and let the creativity flow!
45 Home DIY Project Ideas and Designs for Kids
Looking for some creative and fun DIY projects to keep your kids entertained at home? We’ve got you covered! Whether you have a crafty child or one who loves to get their hands dirty, these DIY ideas are sure to provide hours of entertainment.
From making kaleidoscopes out of old egg cartons to creating unique bird feeders, these projects will foster your child’s creativity and allow them to explore their artistic side. Not only will they have a blast, but they’ll also learn new skills and feel a sense of accomplishment when they complete their projects.
1. Tons of balls made out of colorful paper
2. Egg carton kaleidoscope
3. Paper frog origami
4. Encourage creativity with DIY crafts
5. Make the world a better place with art
6. Create unique art pieces
7. Follow easy tutorials for DIY projects
8. Make refreshing lemonade from scratch
9. Make superhero capes for imaginative play
10. Create chic and trendy accessories
11. Build a birdhouse for feathered friends
12. Make funky art with recycled materials
13. Use the art supplies you have now, save for later
14. Follow your child’s preferred art style
15. Let your child choose what feels right for their project
16. Encourage creativity because it’s fun
17. Art can be relaxing and therapeutic
18. Display your child’s artwork proudly
19. Art allows for self-expression
20. Art can bring you down to earth
21. Make colorful paper balls for decoration
22. Finish what you start for a sense of accomplishment
23. Create a masterpiece with paint and brushes
24. Try your hand at printing your artwork
25. Make beautiful lanterns from recycled materials
26. Get creative with everyday objects
27. Use twigs to make unique art pieces
28. Plan your projects for a smoother experience
29. Create a globe out of recycled materials
30. Turn trash into treasure with DIY projects
31. Make art using mesh and paint
32. Discover the benefits of art for kids
33. Don’t be afraid to get messy with art
34. Explore the versatile world of art and craft
35. Try your hand at French knitting
36. Create bright and colorful art pieces
37. Make lovely crafts with paper and glue
38. Create beautiful rainbow art
39. Take a walk in nature for art inspiration
40. Bake and decorate cookies for edible art
41. Art doesn’t have to be perfect
42. Create sculptures using toothpicks
43. Make a turtle planter using recycled materials
44. Art usually tells a story or evokes emotions
45. Create decorative frames for your artwork
46. Learn hula hooping for a fun way to stay active
47. Make the coolest science experiments at home
48. Create a chic planter for your plants
49. You could make melted crayon art
50. Transform into a mermaid with DIY mermaid tail
51. Get groovy with a DIY disco ball
52. Engage as a parent and create together
53. Discover new uses for used materials
54. Let your imagination run wild inside a cardboard box
55. Create a marshmallow catapult for fun activities
56. Build a bird feeder with popsicle sticks
57. Browse Pinterest for endless art inspiration
58. Create your own character with paper and markers
59. DIY art doesn’t have to break the bank
60. Paint rocks to make adorable garden decorations
Encourage your child’s creativity and imagination with these 45 home DIY project ideas and designs. Whether they prefer making colorful paper balls, crafting unique art pieces, or building bird feeders, there’s something here for every young artist. So grab some art supplies, get creative, and enjoy the process of making art together!
1 Twig Planters
If your child loves outdoor activities, this craft is perfect for them! Twig planters are a great way to introduce your child to woodworking and construction. Plus, it’s an indoor activity that keeps them busy during rainy days.
To make twig planters, gather twigs from your backyard or a nearby park. You can also use small sticks or branches. You’ll also need a carton or a child-friendly pot to hold the soil. If you want to make it more fun and trendy, paint the pot with bright colors or add decorative details like rainbows or ladybugs.
First, make sure the pot or carton is waterproof. You can achieve this by painting it with waterproof paint or applying a clear waterproof finish. Then, let it dry completely before proceeding.
Next, help your child stack the twigs around the pot or carton. They can arrange them in any pattern they like or even create shapes like hearts or stars. If the twigs are too long, you can cut them with scissors or a small saw.
Once the twigs are in place, you can secure them using twine or a strong glue. Be cautious if using glue, as it may not be safe for young children. If you choose to use glue, make sure to supervise your child and handle it with care.
After the twigs are securely attached, your child can paint the twigs with their favorite colors. They can also add accent details or printing if they want.
When the paint is dry, it’s time to fill the planter with soil and plant some small flowers or herbs. Help your child choose the right plants that match the pot’s size and the available sunlight in your home.
Your child will be amazed at how the plain twigs transform into an adorable planter. The texture and natural look of the twigs will add a fantastic touch to their room or any indoor space in your home.
Not only is this craft great for keeping your child entertained, but it also teaches them about nature, recycling, and the joy of creating something with their own hands. Plus, the finished twig planter makes a lovely gift for family and friends!
2 Pebble Bathmats
Decorating your bathroom can be a fun and creative activity to do with your kids. One unique and inventive idea is to create pebble bathmats. This project not only allows your child to develop their artistic skills but also brings a touch of nature into their everyday routine.
To make these pebble bathmats, you will need a few simple materials. First, collect smooth pebbles from your local beach or use store-bought ones. Make sure to wash them thoroughly before use. You will also need a heavy-duty adhesive that can withstand water, such as epoxy or silicone glue.
Start by deciding on the design for your bathmats. Your child can get creative with different patterns or arrange the pebbles to form shapes like animals or flowers. The possibilities are endless! Make sure to plan the design carefully before gluing the pebbles to the mat.
Take a plain bathmat or a piece of cloth that can withstand water and dry it thoroughly. Lay it flat on a clean surface and start sticking the pebbles onto it. Your child can work on one section at a time to ensure that the pebbles are properly adhered. Press each pebble firmly into place to make sure it sticks.
While the bathmats are drying, you can work on other projects. For example, you can make a matching pebble soap dish or a pebble toothbrush holder. These small additions will add a cohesive and decorative touch to your bathroom.
Once the bathmats are completely dry and the pebbles are firmly attached, they are ready to use. Place them in your bathroom and enjoy the unique and natural look they bring. These bathmats also provide a good massage for your feet while showering, thanks to the pebble’s texture.
Creating pebble bathmats is not only a fun activity but also a great opportunity for your child to learn about woodworking and develop their artistic skills. They can learn about different shapes, colors, and patterns while working on this project.
So, the next time you are looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids at home, grab some pebbles and get started on this unique DIY project. It’s an excellent way to spend quality time together and create beautiful and functional pieces for your bathroom decor.
3 Wall Candle Holders
If you’re looking for a personal touch to add to your home decor, this art and craft idea for kids is perfect. Create your own wall candle holders with just a few simple materials.
- Gather some empty glass jars or small containers.
- Start by cleaning the jars thoroughly and removing any labels or stickers.
- Next, get some slime or towel and wrap it around the outside of the jars. This will act as a cushion and prevent the glass from breaking.
- Now it’s time to get creative! Decorate the jars with markers, paint, or even glue on some character cutouts. Let your child’s imagination run wild!
- If you want to add some extra flair, you can glue on some pom-poms, feathers, or other craft materials.
- Once you’re happy with the design, it’s time to hang the candle holders on the wall.
- If you’re worried about the jars falling off, you can use nails or hooks to secure them in place.
- Place a lovely scented candle inside each holder and light them up to create a warm and cozy atmosphere in any room.
What’s great about this art project is that it not only allows your child to express their creativity, but it also gives them a sense of accomplishment. Plus, it’s a fun and safe activity to keep them entertained at home.
So, if you’re stuck at home and looking for something to do, why not try making these wall candle holders? They’re sure to add a touch of charm to any space.
4 Pompom Curtain
If you’re looking for a fun and adorable craft idea to brighten up your child’s room, we recommend making a Pompom Curtain. This easy DIY project is sure to earn you lots of compliments, and it’s a great way to spend quality time with your child.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- French knitting dinks
- Coloured yarn
- Mesh or hoop
To begin, gather your supplies and find a space where you can work comfortably. Start by knitting a couple of colourful pompoms using the French knitting dinks. If your child prefers, you can also use store-bought pompoms.
Next, cut a piece of mesh or use a hoop as a base for your curtain. Attach the pompoms to the mesh or hoop using a simple knot. Make sure to space them out evenly, so they look even and nice.
Once you’ve attached all the pompoms, give your curtain a final look to see if any adjustments need to be made. You can add more pompoms or rearrange them to get the desired effect.
When you’re satisfied with the layout, hang up your gorgeous Pompom Curtain in your child’s room. It will instantly add a pop of color and a touch of whimsy to the space.
Whether you’re looking for a fun summer project or a cute addition to your child’s room décor, this Pompom Curtain is a perfect choice. Plus, it’s a great way to share the joy of crafting with your child and create something together!
5 Painted Mirror
Painted mirrors are a great way to add a personal touch to any room, including a child’s bedroom. They provide a fun and creative experience for kids of all ages.
There’s no age-old rule that says mirrors have to be plain and boring. With a little bit of paint and some imagination, you can transform a regular mirror into a colorful and unique piece of art.
To start, you’ll need a mirror, some paint, and a few other materials depending on the design you choose. You can use things like popsicle sticks, pebbles, or even Shrinky Dinks to add texture and interest.
One idea is to create a scene with boats floating on a shimmering sea. Use blue and green paint to create the water, and add some texture with pebbles or sand. Paint the boats with bright colors and stick them onto the mirror.
Another fun idea is to paint a kite flying in the sky. Use a strip of paper or fabric to create the kite’s tail, and use paint to create a colorful scene behind it.
If your child is fond of animals, why not paint a jungle scene? Use greens and browns to create the trees and add fun animal shapes with popsicle sticks or Shrinky Dinks.
A more festive idea is to paint a scene with lots of colorful balloons floating through the sky. Add some texture with string or rope to mimic the balloon strings.
To create a suncatcher effect, use clear glue or Mod Podge to attach colorful tissue paper squares or cellophane to the mirror. The light shining through will create a beautiful stained glass effect.
Painted mirrors can also be used as functional pieces. You can create a bird feeder scene by painting a tree branch and attaching small bird-shaped cutouts. Add a few pebbles or seeds on the mirror for the birds to enjoy.
Another fun idea is to create a puppet theater by painting a stage and adding a couple of popsicle stick characters. Your child can put on their very own puppet show!
For a more whimsical idea, paint a scene with a marshmallow-sweet village. Use bright pastel colors and lots of glitter to make it truly magical.
There are so many possibilities when it comes to painting mirrors, and the best part is that it’s an inexpensive craft that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. So why not pick up a few mirrors from a thrift store or a dollar store and let your child’s creativity run wild?
Painted mirrors can be a great addition to any child’s room or even a classroom. They can also make wonderful gifts for friends and family. Let your child’s imagination and artistic skills be the guide, and you’ll be amazed at the beautiful designs they come up with.
So, don’t let those plain mirrors sit around gathering dust, give them a new lease of life with a splash of paint and lots of creativity!
6 Yarn Ball Lights
If you’re looking for a unique and fun craft activity to do with your kids, we highly recommend trying out these yarn ball lights. They are easy to make and result in beautiful and fluffy decorative lights that can be used around the house.
To make yarn ball lights, you’ll need the following materials and tools:
- Yarn in various colors
- A string of fairy lights
- A pair of scissors
To start, choose the colors of yarn you want to use for your yarn balls. Mix and match different colors to create a fun and vibrant look. Once you’ve selected your yarn, start by wrapping it around your fingers or a small box or matchbox. Keep wrapping until you have a small ball of yarn. You can make as many yarn balls as you’d like, depending on how many lights you have on your string of fairy lights.
Once you have enough yarn balls, carefully tie them onto the fairy lights. You can tie them directly onto the wire or use small strings to attach them. Make sure they are secure so they don’t fall off later.
Now comes the fun part! Hang your yarn ball lights around the room or outside. They look great draped over a fence, wrapped around a tree, or hung from a porch. The fluffy yarn adds a unique and cozy touch to any space.
Not only are these yarn ball lights a great craft activity for kids, but they also allow them to explore their creativity and build confidence in their creations. They can experiment with different colors and designs, and even add buttons or other small decorations for extra flair.
So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy craft project to do with your child, give these yarn ball lights a try. They’re a fun and creative way to spend some quality time together!
7 Upcycled Planters
If you’re looking for creative and eco-friendly ways to display your plants, these upcycled planters are perfect! They’re not only a great way to repurpose household items, but they also add a whimsical and fun touch to your garden or porch.
- Rope Face Planter: Turn an old rope into a cute face planter by winding it into the shape of a face. Add some small plants or succulents to create a unique and eye-catching piece.
- Burlap Seed Heads Planter: Use burlap and rope to create seed heads that can hold plants or flowers. This planter has a rustic and farm-inspired vibe.
- Kaleidoscope Treehouse Planter: Repurpose an old kaleidoscope into a mini treehouse planter. It’s a great way to add a touch of magic to your garden.
- Soap Holder Planter: If you have an old soap holder lying around, transform it into a planter by adding some soil and small plants. It’s a quick and easy way to add a pop of green to your bathroom or kitchen.
- Yarn Winding Planter: If you’re into knitting or have any old yarn lying around, use it to create a unique planter by wrapping it around a small plate or bowl. It adds a colourful and trendy touch to your plants.
- Clothespin Planter: Take a clothespin, open it up, and attach it to a small wooden board or piece of driftwood. You can then hang small plants or herbs from the clothespin. It’s a handy and space-saving way to display your plants.
- Globe Planter: Repurpose an old globe into a quirky planter by cutting off the top and adding some soil and plants. It’s a great conversation starter and adds a touch of adventure to your space.
With these upcycled planters, you’ll not only be helping the environment by giving new life to old items, but you’ll also be showcasing your creativity and adding a unique touch to your home or garden. Get ready to be amazed by the transformation!
8 Twig Bowls
If you’re looking for a fun and unique craft idea, why not try making twig bowls? This popular craft is not only a creative outlet for kids, but it also allows them to connect with nature and create something beautiful out of natural materials.
To make twig bowls, all you need are a couple of materials that you can easily find at home or in your backyard. The first step is to collect small twigs and branches that have fallen from trees. Make sure to choose ones that are sturdy and can be easily rolled into a circular shape.
Once you have collected enough twigs, gather them together and start shaping them into a bowl. You can use a large piece of burlap or rope to hold the twigs in place while you shape them. Simply wrap the burlap or rope around the twigs, making sure to secure it tightly so that they don’t come undone.
After you have shaped the twigs into a bowl, you can let your creative side shine by decorating it with paint, glitter, or any other materials you have on hand. You can also add some fun and colorful elements like pebbles, rocks, or even small toy creatures to give it a unique look.
Once you’re done decorating, let the bowl dry for a couple of hours. You can then remove the burlap or rope and your twig bowl is ready to use. These bowls are not only great for holding small items like keys or jewelry, but they can also be used as a decorative piece in your home.
Making twig bowls is a fantastic woodworking project for kids of all ages. It allows them to use their hands and their imaginations to create something beautiful. Plus, it’s a great way to teach them about nature and how to repurpose materials in a creative and eco-friendly way.
So, next time you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids, why not try making twig bowls? They’re easy to make, they’re safe, and they’re a great way to bring a little bit of nature into your home.
9 Jar Lanterns
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft project to do with your kids, why not try making jar lanterns? This activity is a great way to upcycle old jars and create a beautiful and functional piece of artwork.
What’s great about making jar lanterns is that you can choose from a variety of materials and designs to suit your personal style. You can use cans, bottles, or even small pots as your jar base. For the lantern cover, you can choose from a wide range of materials including wool, sticks, wood, or even recycled magazines.
One popular method for making jar lanterns is by winding wool or string around the outside of the jar. This creates a beautiful and colorful design that will look stunning both indoors and outdoors. Another option is to glue sticks or twigs onto the jar, creating a natural and rustic look.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even turn your jar lanterns into a work of art. Try gluing on small pompoms, confetti, or even marbles to create a unique and eye-catching design. You can also use paint or markers to draw or paint patterns or pictures onto the jar.
A handy tip for making jar lanterns is to use a crown top jar. This allows you to easily add and remove the cover without having to unscrew the lid. However, if you don’t have a crown top jar, you can simply remove the lid and place the cover over the rim of the jar.
There’s no limit to what you can create with jar lanterns. From simple and modern designs to more intricate and detailed patterns, the choice is yours. Just gather your materials and get creative!
This craft idea is also a great way to teach kids about the benefits of recycling and upcycling. By using materials that are usually thrown away, you’re showing your kids that there’s value in giving things a second life.
So, grab your jars, gather your materials, and browse through some tutorials or design ideas to find your favorite jar lantern project. Whether you’re making a suncatcher, a dinosaur, or a pirate-themed lantern, your kids will love getting creative and making something they can be proud of.
The best part is, once you’ve finished making your jar lanterns, you can light them up and enjoy the beautiful glow they create. It’s a wonderful way to add some ambiance to your home or garden, and it’s a fun project that the whole family can enjoy together.
10 Confetti Tray
If you’re looking for a fun and colourful art project that your kids will enjoy, try making a confetti tray! This project is perfect for creating a beautiful piece of art while also adding some extra excitement to your space. We recommend doing this project outdoors or in a well-ventilated area to keep things tidy.
To create a confetti tray, you’ll need:
- A tray or plate
- Coloured confetti (you can buy it from a store or make it yourself using recycled paper)
- Mod Podge or clear glue
- A foam brush or paintbrush
- Start by applying a layer of Mod Podge or clear glue to the bottom of your tray or plate. Make sure to cover the entire surface evenly.
- Sprinkle the confetti over the glue, making sure to cover the entire surface. You can use different colours or create a pattern, it’s up to you!
- Press the confetti down gently with your hand to make sure it sticks to the glue.
- Allow the tray to dry completely. This may take a few hours or overnight, depending on the type of glue you’re using.
- Once dry, gently tap the tray to remove any excess confetti.
- Your confetti tray is now ready to use! It can be used as a decorative piece or even as a serving tray for small snacks or treats.
Creating a confetti tray is a great way to let your child’s creativity shine and develop their confidence in creating something beautiful. You can also use the tray to display small treasures or use it as a sensory experience by running your fingers through the confetti.
If you want to take this project to the next level, you can try creating other confetti pieces, such as confetti sculptures or confetti lanterns. The possibilities are endless!
11 Burlap Painting
If you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids, burlap painting is a great option. This craft allows your child to explore their artistic side while creating unique and colorful pieces of art. Plus, it’s a perfect way to make memories and keep your child entertained at home.
To start, gather all the materials you’ll need for this craft: burlap cloth, paint in various colors, paintbrushes, newspaper or a towel to protect your workspace, and some water for cleaning the brushes.
First, cut the burlap cloth into mini canvases or any desired shapes. You can make them small enough to fit in a frame or large enough to hang on the wall. Next, secure the burlap to a corkboard or any other surface that will keep it in place while you paint.
Now, let your child’s imagination run wild! Encourage them to create their own designs or patterns using the paint. They can paint pictures of animals, their favorite characters, or even abstract designs. If they’re feeling extra crafty, they can try printing shapes or figures onto the burlap using different items like leaves or mesh. Adding bright and colorful prints to their burlap canvas will make it even more appealing.
Once your child is finished painting, let the piece dry completely. This might take some time, so be patient! You can then display their artwork by framing it or simply hanging it up on a string.
Burlap painting is a fantastic craft for young children because it engages their senses and encourages creativity. The sensory experience of painting on a textured surface like burlap allows children to explore different painting techniques and textures. It’s also a great way for kids to learn about color mixing and develop their fine motor skills.
In addition, burlap painting can be an educational activity. You can use it as an opportunity to teach your child about different art styles, famous artists, or even the basics of color theory. You can even launch their very own art theater and create a mini exhibition in your living room!
This craft is also budget-friendly since burlap cloth is inexpensive, and you may already have some paint supplies at home. It’s an ideal option for parents who want to engage their children in a creative activity without spending a lot of money.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and colorful craft that will keep your child entertained and help them develop their artistic skills, give burlap painting a try. It’s a great way to create beautiful pieces of art while making lasting memories together.
12 Rainbow Fence
If you’re looking for a playful and captivating addition to your garden or backyard, we definitely recommend creating a whimsical 12 Rainbow Fence. This DIY project is ideal for keeping toddlers entertained and is a great way to add a splash of color to your outdoor space.
To make this rainbow fence, you’ll need some wooden hackshaw heads, paints in different colors of the rainbow, a newspaper to protect the ground, and a string or rope to create the outline of the rainbow.
Start by placing the hackshaw heads in a row, following the shape of a rainbow. Use the string or rope to mark the outline, making sure it’s a smooth curve. Then, apply different colors of paint to each hackshaw head, following the colors of the rainbow. Allow the paint to dry before moving on to the next color.
For added fun, you can attach small keyrings or character heads to each hackshaw head. This will give your rainbow fence a unique and whimsical touch. You can also hang bird feeders or wind chimes from the hackshaw heads to attract colorful birds and add some music to your outdoor space.
If you want to make your rainbow fence even more captivating, you can include other recycled things like old tin cans, cloth scraps, or even small rocks. Use your imagination to create a vibrant and eye-catching display.
Once your rainbow fence is complete, it will surely be a hit with the little ones. They’ll love exploring the colorful creatures and characters that adorn the fence. Plus, it’s a great photo opportunity for some adorable and fond memories.
Have fun with this DIY project and let your creativity run wild. The 12 Rainbow Fence is a brilliant way to add a touch of magic to your outdoor space while entertaining and stimulating your toddlers.
13 A Pallet Playhouse
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging project for your kids, consider building a playhouse out of pallets. Pallets are a versatile material that is already widely available at retailers or can be found for free. In addition, pallets are sturdy enough to create a safe and durable play structure.
Building a pallet playhouse can be a fun family project. You can plan and design the playhouse together, including features such as a planter box, hanging baskets, or even a mini chest for storing toys. The kids will love helping with the building process and seeing their ideas come to life.
The benefits of a pallet playhouse are many. Not only will your children have a fun and imaginative space to play in, but they will also develop important skills such as problem-solving, creativity, and confidence. They will also learn the value of teamwork and collaboration as they work on the project together.
When it comes to decorating the playhouse, the possibilities are endless. You can choose to paint it in bright and vibrant colors, or go for a more natural and rustic look with pastels or wood stains. Your child can pick their favorite theme, whether it’s a princess castle, a pirate ship, a superhero hideout, or a cozy cottage. They can also add their own personal touches with artwork, handcrafted accessories, and even a corkboard to display their artwork or favorite pictures.
A pallet playhouse can also be a great addition to outdoor playtime. It provides a shady and protected space for your kids to enjoy on sunny days, while still being able to run around and play freely. You can adapt the playhouse for various activities such as a theater, a crafty workshop, or even a lemonade stand.
Building a pallet playhouse is a fun and creative project that will bond your family and provide hours of entertainment for your children. They will adore having their own personal space where their imagination can run wild. So gather your materials, plan your design, and get ready to create a wonderful playhouse that will bring your child’s dreams to life.
14 Bottle Cap Wind Chime
If you’re looking for a fun and unique craft idea to do with your kids, why not try making a bottle cap wind chime? This creative project allows you to recycle those empty bottles and create a beautiful piece of art that will add a touch of whimsy to any outdoor space.
To make a bottle cap wind chime, you’ll need a few supplies. First, gather up a collection of bottle caps – you can use ones from sodas, juices, or any other drinks that come in bottles. Next, grab some string or fishing line, a needle for sewing, and a sturdy branch or dowel to hang your chime from.
Once you have all of your supplies, the fun can begin! Start by punching a small hole in the center of each bottle cap using a nail or a small screwdriver. This will allow you to thread the string through the caps later on. Make sure to arrange the caps in a pattern that you like – you can go for a random look or create a more structured design.
Next, cut several lengths of string, making them different lengths to create a varied sound. Thread each string through a bottle cap, tying a knot at the end to keep it in place. Continue this process until all of the bottle caps are attached to strings. Once you’re done, tie each string to the branch or dowel, evenly spacing them out so that they hang at different lengths.
Now you have a unique and whimsical wind chime that will make a delightful sound as it catches the breeze! Hang your wind chime outdoors in a spot where it will catch the wind – a tree branch, a porch, or a garden trellis are all great options.
This bottle cap wind chime project is the perfect activity for a rainy day or a lazy summer afternoon. It allows you to recycle materials that would otherwise go to waste and create something beautiful and functional. Plus, it’s a great way to spend some quality time with your kids, teaching them about recycling and creativity in a fun and engaging way.
So gather up those empty bottles and get crafting – your little ones will love making their own bottle cap wind chime, and you’ll love the result!
15 Colourful Jar Organisers
If you’re looking for a fun and practical craft project to do with your child, why not try making some colourful jar organisers? Not only are these jars a great way to keep small items organized, but they also make for a playful and colourful addition to any living space. Here are 15 ideas to get you started:
- Marble Holder: Use a brightly coloured jar to hold and display your collection of marbles.
- Keyring Storage: Create a mini keyring holder by attaching small hooks to the inside of the jar lid.
- Desk Organiser: Use jars of various sizes to hold pens, markers, and other stationery items on your desk.
- Kaleidoscope Supplier: Fill a jar with colourful beads, buttons, or any other small objects and use it as a source of inspiration for making kaleidoscopes.
- Feeder Jar: Fill a jar with birdseed and attach it to a tree branch to create a homemade bird feeder.
- Slime Container: Store your child’s homemade slime creations in a jar with a secure lid to keep them fresh and ready for playtime.
- Paintbrush Holder: Use a jar to hold your paintbrushes when you’re taking a break from your art projects.
- Face Mask Organizer: Keep your face masks organized and easily accessible by storing them in a jar on your bathroom counter.
- Toy Figure Display: Show off your child’s favourite toy figures by placing them in a jar for a colourful and fun display.
- Bathmat Storage: Roll up your small bathmats and store them in a jar to save space in your bathroom.
- Bunting Holders: Use jars to hold small decorative bunting for a festive touch to your home or classroom.
- Colourful Paper Holder: Use jars to hold your collection of colourful papers for crafting and art projects.
- Pom-Pom Dispenser: Store your pom-pom collection in a jar and use it as a dispenser for easy access to these playful materials.
- Rainbow Rock Stash: Collect and display colourful rocks in jars to create a modern and fond masterpiece.
- Sheep Cleaner: Use a jar to hold cotton balls or cotton swabs for easy access when cleaning.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but there are tons of other colourful jar organisers you can create. Let your imagination run wild and see what fun and practical creations you can come up with!
16 Button Bowls
If your kids enjoy crafting and have a love for buttons, they’ll definitely enjoy making these adorable and inexpensive button bowls. These bowls can be used to hold various small items and make for a fun and practical addition to their rooms or play area.
To make the button bowls, you’ll need a variety of buttons in different sizes and colors, some fine wire or toothpicks, and a bowl for shaping. The process involves threading the buttons onto the wire or toothpicks, arranging them in a pattern or random design, and then bending the wire or toothpicks into a bowl shape.
These button bowls can be customized to match your child’s interests or favorite characters. For example, you can create a superhero-themed bowl using buttons in the shape of a lightning bolt or a character’s symbol. Or, you can make a farm-themed bowl by using buttons in the shape of a sheep or a tractor.
If your kids enjoy painting, they can also paint the buttons before creating the bowls, adding an extra layer of creativity to the project. Once the bowls are shaped and painted, they can be used to hold small toys, marbles, or even jewelry.
These button bowls are a great way to keep younger kids entertained and engaged in a fun and frugal crafting activity. They are also a good opportunity to teach them about colors, patterns, and shapes. Plus, the process of threading the buttons onto the wire or toothpicks helps develop their fine motor skills.
So, the next time your kids are looking for something fun to do at home, grab a bunch of buttons and give them the opportunity to create their own unique button bowls. They’ll be amazed at how something as simple as buttons can be turned into a beautiful and functional piece of art!
17 Pompom Rug
If you’re looking for a fun and cozy craft to do with your child, why not try making a pompom rug? This project is quick and easy, and the end result is a soft and fluffy rug that your child will love to play on.
To make a pompom rug, you will need:
- Wool in various colors
- Corkboard or burlap
Start by making pompoms using the wool. You can use a pompom maker or simply wrap the wool around your fingers and secure it with a clothespin. Once you have made a bunch of pompoms, trim them into shape using scissors.
Next, choose a design for your rug. You can go for a simple circular shape or get creative and make different patterns using different colored pompoms. Use a corkboard or burlap as a base for your rug and arrange the pompoms in your chosen design.
Once you’re happy with the arrangement, secure the pompoms to the base using a needle and thread or hot glue. Make sure to clean up any loose threads or excess glue for a clean finish.
Depending on your child’s preference, you can also add some extra flair to the rug. Try adding twigs or small painted wooden shapes to create a woodland theme, or attach small bells for a musical touch.
The reason pompom rugs are so popular is that they can be customized to fit any room or theme. Whether your child dreams of a princess-themed room or wants a superhero accent, a pompom rug can become a unique and personalized addition to their space.
For a more romantic touch, you could even make a heart-shaped pompom rug using shades of red and pink wool. This would be perfect for a teen’s bedroom or a cozy reading nook.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy project or want to introduce your child to the world of crafts, making a pompom rug is a great choice. Not only will it give them experience with sewing and crafting, but it will also boost their confidence as they create something they can be proud of.
So, grab your materials and get started on your own pompom rug! Whether you follow a design you found on Pinterest or come up with your own unique creation, your child will adore their new cozy rug.
18 Paper Mosaic
Creating paper mosaics is a fun and engaging craft activity that kids of all ages will enjoy. These colorful and creative projects can be made with materials you already have at home, making them a convenient and inexpensive way to keep your children entertained. Whether you’re looking to elevate the mood of a child-friendly area or add a personal touch to a rainy day, paper mosaics are a great option.
To make a paper mosaic, start by gathering materials such as colored paper, scissors, glue, and a sturdy base like cardboard or construction paper. Next, invite your child to browse through different designs and choose one that they find interesting. Whether they’re into rainbows, marshmallows, bright lanterns, or adorable animals like frogs and turtles, there’s sure to be a paper mosaic design that catches their eye.
Once you’ve chosen a design, help your child tear the colored paper into small strips or use scissors to cut out different shapes. Show them how to apply glue to the base and stick the paper pieces down, creating a colorful mosaic effect. They can experiment with different colors and patterns, adding a personal touch to their artwork.
Another fun idea is to create a paper mosaic crown or a paper mosaic lantern. For the crown, simply cut a strip of cardboard to fit around your child’s head and let them decorate it with their paper mosaic pieces. For the lantern, cut a shape like a cylinder or cube from construction paper and assemble it, leaving space for a battery-operated tea light or string lights.
Paper mosaics can also be used to make unique greeting cards, wall art, or even a creative organizer for desk supplies. The possibilities are endless!
One of the benefits of paper mosaics is that they are safe and easy to make, even for younger children. With adult supervision, even toddlers can have fun exploring colors and textures by gluing down pre-cut paper shapes.
Whether you’re a seasoned DIYer or just starting out, paper mosaics are a versatile craft that anyone can enjoy. They can be a great way to spend quality time with your child, promoting creativity and fine motor skills. Plus, the end result is always impressive, and your child will be amazed by what they’ve created.
So, why not try making a paper mosaic with your child today? Grab some colorful paper, scissors, glue, and let their creativity run wild!
19 Disco Ball Planter
If you’re looking for a unique and funky way to display your plants, why not try making a disco ball planter? This creative project is perfect for kids of all ages and can be done indoors or outdoors.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A clear plastic ball (you can find these at a craft store)
- A planter pot
- A drill with a small drill bit
- A plant of your choice
- Decorative materials such as burlap, sticks, or other recycled items
- Begin by drilling several small holes into the bottom of the clear plastic ball for drainage.
- Next, arrange your decorative materials inside the ball, such as burlap, sticks, or other recycled items. Get creative and make it your own!
- Once you’re happy with the arrangement, carefully place your plant inside the ball, making sure it fits securely.
- Transfer the disco ball planter to the planter pot, making sure it is secure and won’t tip over.
- Now you have a unique and funky planter that will add a touch of character to any space!
Not only is this project a fun and creative way to develop your child’s artistic skills, but it also provides a relaxing and enjoyable experience. They’ll earn a great sense of accomplishment seeing their creation come to life! Plus, it’s an inexpensive way to make gifts for family and friends.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and versatile craft project to do with your kids, we highly recommend trying the disco ball planter. It’s a great way to spend quality time together and create something magical!
20 Fun Pots
Looking for a fun and creative activity for your kids to do at home? Why not try making some unique and eye-catching pots? Whether you want to add some sparkle to your windowsill or create a fun decoration for the holidays, these 20 pot ideas will keep your little ones entertained and amazed!
- Glowing Lights Pot: Use glow-in-the-dark paint to create a captivating pot that lights up at night.
- Rock Art Pot: Get inspired by nature and paint colorful designs on smooth rocks to adorn your pot.
- Bird-Feeder Pot: Transform a plain pot into a bird feeder by attaching a stick and some bird food.
- Creative Texture Pot: Experiment with different textures like glitter or sand to add a unique touch to your pot.
- Versatile LEGO Pot: Kids can build their own LEGO creations on a pot and use it to store their small LEGO pieces.
- Colouring Pot: Let your kids unleash their creativity by decorating a pot with markers or crayons.
- Keyring Pot: Attach colorful keyrings to the rim of a pot to create a fun and practical decoration.
- Keep It Metallic Pot: Cover a pot with metallic paint to give it a shiny and eye-catching look.
- Toddler’s Dinosaur Pot: Let your toddler’s imagination run wild by painting a pot to look like their favorite dinosaur.
- Develop Caterpillars Pot: Paint a pot to resemble a caterpillar and watch as it “grows” with the addition of colorful pom-poms.
- Spider Capes Pot: Create a pot with long, stick-like legs and attach spider capes made from black fabric.
- Writing on Wood Pot: Use a wood-burning tool to write inspiring messages or draw simple designs on a wooden pot.
- Recycled Rainbow Pot: Paint an old plastic bottle and cut off the bottom to create a colorful pot.
- Sensory Stitching Pot: Sew different fabrics onto a pot to create a tactile and visually pleasing texture.
- Knot it Pot: Teach your kids basic knotting techniques by wrapping string around a pot.
- Planter’s Pot: Get your kids interested in gardening by decorating a pot and planting their favorite flowers or herbs.
- Bottle Fish Pot: Cut off the bottom of a plastic bottle, paint it to resemble a fish, and attach it to a pot for a fun aquatic decoration.
- Recycled Poms Pot: Use leftover yarn to make pom-poms and glue them onto a pot for a cozy and colorful look.
- Knitting on a Pot: If you’ve been meaning to learn how to knit, why not start by knitting a cover for a pot?
- Gathered Caps Pot: Collect colorful bottle caps and glue them onto a pot to create a vibrant and eclectic look.
No matter which idea you choose, making these fun pots will not only keep your kids entertained but also allow them to explore their creativity and develop important skills. Plus, you’ll end up with some eye-catching decorations for your home!
21 Tin Can Lights
If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to brighten up your home, look no further than tin can lights. Not only are they a great way to repurpose empty cans, but they also give off a whimsical and magical glow. Plus, making tin can lights is a fantastic crafting project to do with your kids. It’s a whole lot of fun and allows them to unleash their creativity while building confidence in their crafting skills.
To get started, all you need are some empty tin cans, a hammer and nails, paint or markers, and a string of lights. There are plenty of tutorials available online to guide you through the whole process. Plus, you can use a variety of other materials to customize your tin can lights, like rope, twine, or even small figurines.
One popular way to decorate your tin can lights is by painting them with colorful designs. Let your kids go wild with paintbrushes and create captivating patterns or their favorite animals. You can even have them paint their own self-portraits or mini versions of their favorite book characters. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can also try making shrinky dink designs to wrap around your tin cans. Shrinky dinks are sheets of plastic that shrink when heated in the oven, allowing you to create small, detailed designs. Simply draw or print out your designs, color them in, and watch them shrink down to fit your tin cans perfectly.
Another fun idea is to attach a small birdhouse or bird feeder to the top of your tin can lights. This way, you can light up your garden or porch while also providing a cozy home for your feathered friends.
But the creativity doesn’t stop there. You can also turn tin cans into lanterns, wind chimes, or even a mini DIY bookshelf. Use a hammer and nails to punch holes in the sides of your tin cans, and then attach wire or string to hang them up. You can create beautiful patterns by punching holes in various shapes, like stars, hearts, or circles.
If you want to add a touch of nature to your tin can lights, try hot gluing twigs or branches to the outside of the cans. This gives them a rustic, outdoor feel and can be a great way to bring the beauty of nature indoors.
And if you’re looking for a simple and frugal option, just grab some old tin cans and paint them in vibrant colors. Line them up along your windowsill or use them as small pots for your favorite plants. They instantly add a pop of color and a touch of magic to any room.
So whether you’re a crafting pro or a novice, tin can lights are a fantastic way to unleash your creativity and create something beautiful from scratch. Plus, they’re a great way to keep the kids entertained on a rainy day or give them something to do when they’re bored. The possibilities are truly endless, and the only limit is your imagination.
22 A Backyard Swing
Adding a backyard swing to your outdoor gathering is always a great idea. Not only does it provide hours of entertainment, but it also helps develop coordination and balance in children. Making a backyard swing is a fun craft project that can be done with materials you may already have at home or can easily find at a store.
To make a backyard swing, you will need a sturdy rope, a strong branch or a metal frame, and a comfortable seat. You can use an old shoe, a waterproof cushion, or even a hammock seat. If you want to get creative, you can make a seat out of a wooden plank, adding cushions for extra comfort.
To hang the swing, find a suitable spot in your backyard where there is enough space for the swing to move freely. Attach the rope securely to the branch or metal frame, making sure it can support the weight of the swing and the person using it. You can also create a captivating vibe by hanging it from a tree branch using colorful yarn or twine.
Once the swing is all set up, it’s time to enjoy! Children will love the feeling of swinging through the air and it’s also a great way for them to relax and unwind. They can gather their friends for a fun swinging experience, laughing and creating memories together.
A backyard swing is not only an engaging craft project, but it also brings a touch of childhood nostalgia to your outdoor space. It is a unique addition that sets your backyard apart and gives it a lovely and relaxing atmosphere. So why not give it a try and make your backyard the coolest hangout spot in the neighborhood?
23 Popsicle Sticks Shelves
If you’re looking for a brilliant and inexpensive way to add some storage space to your child’s room, then look no further than popsicle sticks shelves. These eye-catching shelves are not only functional but also fun to make. Plus, they offer a range of benefits, including the development of fine motor skills and a sense of accomplishment for your little ones.
From miniature garden shelves for their wild rock collections to whimsical fairy shelves for their tiny button treasures, popsicle sticks shelves can be customized to fit any theme or personal preference. They are versatile enough to be used in kids’ rooms, playrooms, or even as fun additions to treehouses.
The best part is that popsicle sticks shelves require nothing more than some popsicle sticks, wood glue, and a splash of your child’s imagination. By simply arranging the sticks in different patterns and shapes and gluing them together, your child can create their very own shelf masterpiece.
If you’re feeling extra crafty, you can also paint the shelves in bright and vibrant colors or add decorative details like buttons, pebbles, or even tiny sculptures made from melted marshmallow. The possibilities are endless!
These popsicle sticks shelves make for lovely DIY projects that can entertain kids of all ages. For younger children, it’s a great opportunity to practice counting and sorting colors, while older kids can take on more complex designs and experiment with different patterns.
The advantages of popsicle sticks shelves go beyond just storage. They can also serve as unique and eye-catching decor pieces. Imagine a row of funky shelves holding your child’s favorite books or displaying their most prized possessions.
In addition, popsicle sticks shelves can be used to create functional items like keyrings, hanging organizers for arts and crafts supplies, or even bird feeders for living gardens. The possibilities are truly endless!
So, why wait? Pick up some popsicle sticks and let your child’s creativity take flight. With popsicle sticks shelves, they can create their very own space without breaking the bank. It’s a crafty and fun activity that will keep them entertained for hours!
24 Recycled Birds Feeders
Looking for a fun and creative activity to keep your kids entertained at home? Why not try making some recycled bird feeders! It’s a great way to teach your child about recycling and caring for nature, while also giving them a chance to get creative.
You can make bird feeders from a variety of household items that would otherwise be thrown away. For example, old magazines can be used to make colourful and eye-catching feeders. Simply roll up a page into a tube shape and secure it with glue or tape. Then, create a loop at the top to hang it from a tree or fence.
If you have some empty tin cans lying around, those can also be used to make bird feeders. Clean out the can and then paint it with bright colours or cover it with fabric or burlap. Punch a small hole in the bottom of the can and thread some string through it to hang it up. Fill the can with birdseed and watch as the birds flock to your garden.
Another fun idea is to use a small matchbox. Decorate it with paint, stickers or paper cutouts to create a cute little birdhouse. Glue a small stick to the front of the matchbox for the birds to perch on, and then hang it from a tree branch.
If you’re feeling really creative, why not try making bird feeders out of rocks? Choose a few smooth and flat rocks that match in size. Use waterproof glue to stack them on top of each other, forming a mini rock tower. Glue a small dish or lid on top of the tower to hold the birdseed.
If your child loves animals, they might enjoy making bird feeders in the shape of their favorite creatures. For example, you could make a bird feeder in the shape of a ladybug using a small tin can and some red and black paint. Or, create a bird feeder in the shape of a fish using an empty plastic bottle and some colourful paper.
When it comes to bird feeders, the possibilities are endless. Get creative and browse through arts and crafts retailers or online shops for inspiration. You could also involve your child in the process of choosing materials and planning out their own bird feeder designs. Who knows, they might come up with something truly amazing!
Making bird feeders is a great activity for children of all ages. It’s not only fun, but also educational. Your child can learn about the importance of caring for the environment and the different types of birds that visit your garden. Plus, it’s a wonderful way to spend quality time together as a family.
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids, why not give bird feeder making a try? It’s a great way to pass the time indoors or in the garden, and it will surely bring a lot of joy to the birds in your area. Plus, your child will feel a sense of pride and accomplishment knowing that they are helping to feed and care for our feathered friends.
25 Rolled Paper Frame
If you’re looking for a playful and eye-catching craft idea, rolled paper frames are a great choice. This child-friendly art project uses basic origami techniques to create unique and adorable frames for your favorite photos or artwork.
To make rolled paper frames, you’ll need a variety of materials including coloured paper or cardstock, scissors, glue, and a ruler. Begin by cutting your paper into strips of equal width. Then, take one strip and roll it tightly, securing the end with a dab of glue. Repeat this step with the remaining strips until you have enough rolled pieces to create a frame.
Next, take a piece of cardboard or thick paper as the back of your frame. Cut it to the desired size and shape, making sure it’s slightly larger than your photo or artwork. Create a border by arranging and gluing the rolled paper pieces around the edges. You can mix and match colours or create a pattern to make it more eye-catching.
Once your frame is complete, you can add any additional decorations or accents. Consider adding buttons, ribbons, or sequins to make it even more special. You could also paint or draw on the frame to personalize it further. The possibilities are endless!
One of the benefits of making rolled paper frames is that it’s a satisfying and calming craft. The repetitive motion of rolling the paper can be therapeutic and is a great way to relax. Plus, it’s a fantastic activity to keep kids entertained and engaged.
If you’re feeling extra creative, you can use different types of paper to create unique effects. Try using metallic or patterned paper for a more glamorous look. You can even experiment with recycling materials like magazine pages or old book pages to create a one-of-a-kind frame.
What’s great about rolled paper frames is that they can be easily adapted for different occasions. You can make Christmas-themed frames by adding festive decorations like bows or miniature ornaments. Or make superhero frames by using comic book pages or superhero-themed wrapping paper.
Once your frames are complete, they make fantastic gifts. Parents, grandparents, and friends will adore receiving a handmade and personal piece of art. And if you’re looking to earn some extra money, you can even sell your frames at craft fairs or online.
So why wait? Browse through different colours and patterns, gather your crafting materials, and start making your own rolled paper frames. It’s a fun and creative way to spend time with your child, and the end result is sure to be a unique and eye-catching piece of art!
26 Rocky Tins
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft idea that works well with recycled materials, then these 26 rocky tins are perfect! Using old tin cans, you can create beautiful and unique decorations that will surely catch everyone’s attention.
Start by cleaning the tin cans to make sure they are free from any residue. Once they are clean and dry, you can paint them in any color you prefer. Whether you go for a rainbow design or a simple solid color, the choice is yours!
Once the cans are painted and dry, you can start adding various decorations to them. One idea is to attach buttons or beads to create a cute design. You can also use rope or wool to create a handle, allowing you to hang the tins wherever you please.
Another great option is to use a shrinky dink paper to make some adorable charms. Draw your preferred design on the paper, cut it out, and follow the instructions to shrink it down. Once they have cooled down, you can attach them to the tins with a small piece of wire or string.
These rocky tins can be used in many different ways. They can be great as pen or pencil holders, or you can use them to store small trinkets. If you have young kids, they can even use them as mini storage for their art supplies!
If you have a garden, you can use these tins as planters. Simply add soil and some small plants or flowers, and you’ll have a gorgeous display for your outdoor space. Another option is to use them as lanterns by putting a candle inside and illuminating your backyard.
No matter how you choose to use them, these homemade tin cans are a great way to recycle and create something beautiful. They are also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about them getting damaged if you decide to use them outside.
So, gather up those old tin cans and give this craft a try. You’ll be amazed at the end result and the benefits of recycling and reusing materials. Plus, it’s a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy. Get creative, let your imagination run wild, and have fun!
27 String Art
If you’re looking for an engaging and captivating indoor craft project to elevate your child’s artistic skills, string art is a great choice. This creative activity allows children to create stunning pieces of art by wrapping colored strings around nails or pins in a pattern or image. String art projects can range from simple designs like a bird or flower to more complex patterns like a butterfly or superhero.
String art is a versatile craft that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. Younger children can start with basic string art designs using simple shapes or letters, while older kids can challenge themselves with more intricate patterns.
All you need to get started with string art is some basic materials that you probably already have at home. You’ll need a piece of wood or a corkboard as a base, nails or pins to secure the strings, and colorful strings or yarn. You can even recycle materials like old thread or pieces of string for a chic and eco-friendly touch.
To create a string art masterpiece, follow these quick and easy step-by-step instructions:
- Choose a design or pattern for your string art project. You can find inspiration in books, online tutorials, or by browsing through string art creations made by other kids.
- Secure your base material to a flat surface using adhesive putty or tape.
- Using a pencil, lightly sketch the outline of your chosen design onto the base material.
- Place nails or pins along the outline of the design, leaving a small gap between each one. Make sure to space them evenly.
- Tie one end of the string to a nail or pin and start wrapping it around the nails in a zigzag or crisscross pattern. Experiment with different colors and thicknesses of string to add depth and texture to your artwork.
- Continue wrapping the string around the nails until you’ve filled in the entire design or pattern.
- Tie off the end of the string and trim any excess.
- Remove any pencil marks or eraser residue with a soft cloth or eraser.
- Display your string art creation proudly, either by hanging it on the wall or placing it on a shelf or tabletop.
String art not only allows children to express their creativity and develop their artistic skills, but it also provides a great opportunity for them to learn about colors, patterns, and spatial awareness. It’s a fun and educational craft that will keep kids entertained for hours.
Parents will also appreciate the fact that string art is an inexpensive craft that utilizes materials you probably already have at home. So, it’s a great option for budget-conscious families.
Whether you’re looking for a special project to do during the summer break or a rainy day activity, string art is sure to keep your child engaged and amazed by their own creations. So, grab some strings and nails, and let the crafting begin!
28 Knot Pillow
If you’re looking for a fun and frugal craft to do with your kids, why not try making a knot pillow? Knot pillows are a trendy and unique way to add some texture and color to your home decor. They also make great gifts for family and friends. Plus, they’re easy to make and require minimal supplies! Here’s how you can create your own knot pillow:
- Start by cutting two equal lengths of twine, about 2 feet long.
- Tie the two pieces of twine together at one end, creating a large loop.
- Thread the pom-poms onto the twine, alternating colors and sizes to create a playful design.
- Once all the pom-poms are threaded, tie the loose ends of the twine together to secure the pom-poms in place.
- Fluff and arrange the pom-poms to your liking, creating a fluffy and textured knot pillow.
- Your knot pillow is now ready to use! Display it on your couch, bed, or favorite chair.
Creating a knot pillow is a fun and easy craft activity that kids of all ages can enjoy. It’s a great way to spend quality time together, and the end result is a colorful and unique piece of home decor. So gather your supplies and get ready to tie some knots!
29 Rock Painting
If you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids, rock painting is a great option. It’s a simple and inexpensive craft that allows kids to express their creativity and create unique pieces of art. Plus, it’s a great way to get kids to spend time outdoors and explore their imagination.
To start rock painting, all you need are some rocks, acrylic paint, and brushes. You can find rocks in your backyard or at a craft store. Make sure the rocks are clean and smooth, so the paint will adhere properly. Once you have your rocks, let your imagination run wild! You can paint them to look like animals, characters, or even decorate them with patterns and designs.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even turn your painted rocks into figures. Simply get some googly eyes, glue, and other craft supplies to add some extra details. This will make your rocks look even more fun and playful.
Another fun idea is to create rock art with holes. You can use a drill or a small hammer and nail to create holes in the rocks. Then, you can use string or wire to hang them up as decorations around your house or in your garden. This will add a unique and whimsical touch to your space.
The coolest part about rock painting is that there are no limits to what you can create. You can paint rocks to resemble your favorite characters or even create your own imaginary creatures. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re new to rock painting and need some inspiration, there are plenty of resources available to help you get started. You can find step-by-step guides and tutorials online, as well as books and magazines dedicated to the art of rock painting. These resources will give you ideas and tips on how to create beautiful and eye-catching designs.
Rock painting is not only a fun and creative activity, but it’s also a great way to connect with nature. By using rocks as your canvas, you’re bringing a piece of the outdoors into your art. Plus, you can use rocks that you’ve collected on hiking trips or family outings, adding a personal touch to your creations.
If you’re looking for a new craft project to try with your kids, rock painting is a great choice. It’s a budget-friendly activity that will keep your little ones entertained for hours. Plus, you’ll have a collection of unique and colorful rocks to display in your home or garden.
So grab some rocks, paint, and brushes, and get ready to create your own rock art masterpiece. Whether you’re a seasoned artist or a DIYer, rock painting is a fun and satisfying activity that the whole family will enjoy.
30 Shaggy Rag Rug
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft project to do at home, a shaggy rag rug is a great option. It’s a simple and inexpensive way to add a pop of color and texture to any room. Plus, it’s a great way to use up scraps of fabric and old t-shirts.
To get started, gather up all your old clothes, towels, and bathmats that you no longer use. Cut them into strips that are about an inch wide and six inches long. If you don’t have any old clothes, you can also buy burlap or other fabric from a craft store.
Next, you’ll need a base for your rug. You can use anything from a piece of cardboard to a corkboard or even an old tablecloth. Lay your base down and start tying the fabric strips onto it. To do this, fold a strip in half and pull the folded end through a hole in the base. Then, pull the loose ends through the loop and tighten. Continue doing this until your base is completely covered.
Once you’ve finished tying all your strips, your rug is almost complete. Now it’s time to give it that shaggy look. Take a pair of scissors and start cutting the loops on the top of your rug. Be sure to cut them as evenly as possible so that your rug looks nice and even. This step can be a bit time-consuming, but it’s definitely worth it.
When you’re finished cutting the loops, your rug is ready to use. It’s soft, fluffy, and perfect for a child’s play area or as a cozy addition to a bedroom or living room. The shaggy texture adds a fun element to any space.
One of the benefits of making a shaggy rag rug is that it’s a great project for kids to help with. They can choose the fabrics and colors they like, and they can even help with cutting and tying the fabric strips. It’s a great way to get them involved in a hands-on craft project.
If you’re feeling extra crafty, you can also experiment with different techniques and designs. Try adding in some metallic thread or glitter for a touch of sparkle. Or, use different colored fabric strips to create patterns or designs. The possibilities are endless when it comes to making a shaggy rag rug.
So, why not give it a try? Grab some old clothes, a pair of scissors, and get started on your very own shaggy rag rug. It’s a quick and easy project that will be sure to impress. Plus, it’s a great way to put your creativity and imagination to work.
And the best part? You’ll have a stylish and cozy rug for your home that didn’t break the bank. So go ahead and get started on your shaggy rag rug today!
31 A Treehouse
One of the most magical and fantastic structures that kids can create is their very own treehouse. A treehouse can instantly become a place of adventure and imagination, where they can show off their creative skills and have endless amounts of fun. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to create a treehouse at home:
- Start by finding a sturdy tree with lots of branches to support your treehouse. You can use real trees or create a fake tree using things like twigs and newspaper.
- Plan out the design of your treehouse. Think about how big you want it to be and what features you want to include, such as windows, doors, and a floor.
- Gather all of the materials you will need for your treehouse, including wood, nails, a hammer, and a saw. You might also want to gather some decorations like fake leaves and grass to make your treehouse look more realistic.
- Begin by building the floor of your treehouse. Use the wood and nails to create a sturdy base that can support the weight of the treehouse and its occupants.
- Next, start building the walls and roof of your treehouse. You can use the same materials as the floor or get creative and use things like newspaper or cardboard to make a more unique structure.
- Once your treehouse is built, it’s time to decorate! Use paint, washi tape, or any other crafting materials you have on hand to add some color and personality to your treehouse.
- Add some furniture and accessories to your treehouse. You can use things like cushions, blankets, and small toys to create a cozy and fun space.
- If you want to take your treehouse to the next level, use your imagination to come up with some fun features. You could add a slide, a rope swing, or even a zip line!
- Finally, step back and enjoy your amazing treehouse. Invite your friends over to play, or simply spend some time enjoying your new space on your own. You might even want to earn some extra pocket money by giving treehouse tours to your neighbors!
Creating a treehouse is a great way to spend time outdoors and let your imagination run wild. Whether you want a quiet place to read a book or a secret hideout for you and your pals, a treehouse is the perfect addition to your backyard or bedroom. Get started today and be amazed at what you can create!
32 Recycled Wood Art
Using recycled wood for art projects is a handy way to repurpose old materials and create something new. With a bit of creativity and some basic tools, you can transform scrap wood into beautiful works of art. Here are 32 recycled wood art ideas that kids can make at home:
1. Wooden Origami Animals: Use printable origami templates to create cute animal figures out of recycled wood.
2. Button Printing: Use buttons and paint to create unique prints on recycled wood.
3. Firework Painting: Dip strips of recycled wood into paint and press them onto paper to create firework-inspired designs.
4. Handyman Tool Rack: Nail pieces of recycled wood together to create a handy tool rack.
5. Memory Card Holder: Attach small wooden strips to create a lovely card holder for displaying cherished memories.
6. Bird Feeder: Construct a bird feeder using recycled wood, making it a captivating addition to your garden.
7. Planter Box: Build a planter box out of recycled wood to grow your own plants and flowers.
8. Suncatcher: Attach strips of recycled wood together to create a beautiful suncatcher.
9. Quilting Frame: Repurpose recycled wood into a frame for quilting projects.
10. Towel Holder: Create a towel holder by attaching recycled wood strips to a wall.
11. Tin Can Organizer: Attach recycled wood strips to tin cans to create a versatile organizer.
12. Nail Art: Use nails and string to create stunning art on recycled wood.
13. Popular Crafts: Use recycled wood to create popular Pinterest crafts such as signs and photo frames.
14. Tray: Build a tray out of recycled wood to serve drinks and snacks.
15. Strip Art: Glue colorful strips of recycled wood onto a canvas to create a unique piece of art.
16. Shrinky Dinks: Cut shapes out of recycled wood, paint them, and bake for a fun and versatile craft.
17. Plate Stand: Attach recycled wood strips together to create a stand for displaying plates.
18. Paintbrush Holder: Repurpose recycled wood into a holder for organizing paintbrushes.
19. Trellis: Construct a trellis out of recycled wood for climbing plants in your garden.
20. Character Pencil Holder: Create a pencil holder by attaching recycled wood strips with fun character designs.
21. Jewelry Holder: Nail strips of recycled wood together to make a unique jewelry holder.
22. Toy Box: Repurpose old wooden boxes into a toy box for keeping toys organized.
23. Jumping Spider: Use recycled wood to make a jumping spider toy for hours of fun.
24. Pompom Toss Game: Attach recycled wood strips together and create a game of tossing pompoms into different holes.
25. Towel Rack: Create a towel rack out of recycled wood to keep your towels organized.
26. Indoor Farm: Construct a miniature indoor farm using recycled wood for growing herbs and small plants.
27. Magnetic Strip: Attach magnets onto recycled wood strips to create a magnetic strip for holding notes and photos.
28. Treasure Box: Transform an old wooden box into a personalized treasure box for keeping special items.
29. Spider Web Art: Use recycled wood to create a spider web design and hang it as wall art.
30. Car Track: Build a car track using recycled wood strips for hours of racing fun.
31. Memory Tic-Tac-Toe: Cut recycled wood into squares, paint them, and play a game of tic-tac-toe to create lasting memories.
32. Indoor Swing: Use recycled wood to build an indoor swing for toddlers to enjoy.
These recycled wood art projects are not only fun and affordable but also encourage creativity and environmental consciousness. Gather those age-old wood materials and start crafting!
33 PVC Shoe Organiser
If you’re looking for a creative and functional way to organise your shoes, this PVC shoe organiser is the perfect solution. Not only is it a practical storage option, but it’s also a fun craft project that kids can enjoy making at home.
This shoe organiser is made from printable PVC pipes that are cut and assembled into a shoe rack. The challenge is to create a design that is not only functional but also visually appealing. You can get creative and paint the PVC pipes in vibrant colors to add a touch of fun and excitement to your shoe storage.
The PVC shoe organiser can be placed anywhere in your home, whether it’s in the bedroom, on the porch, or even in the garage. It’s a fantastic way to keep your shoes organised and easily accessible.
To create this eye-catching shoe organiser, you’ll need some basic DIY skills. Collect the necessary materials, such as PVC pipes, PVC pipe connectors, a PVC pipe cutter, and adhesive. Without any sewing, you can build an inventive shoe organiser that will make a great addition to your home.
Start by cutting the PVC pipes into equal lengths and connecting them using the PVC pipe connectors. You can get creative and add some decorative elements, such as pebbles or fake plants, to the top of the shoe organiser. This will give it a more unique and appealing look.
If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, you can also try painting the PVC pipes with vibrant colors. Get the kids involved and let them use their artistic skills to paint the pipes. This homemade shoe organiser will be a good opportunity to keep them entertained as they stick to the craft.
To make it even more engaging, you can use PVC pipes with larger diameters to create spaces for storing other items. For example, you can use a larger PVC pipe to create a space to hold seed packets or small gardening tools. This way, you can have a shoe organiser and a mini garden station all in one.
Once you’ve completed the shoe organiser, you can hang it on a wall, place it on the floor, or even adapt it to be a freestanding structure. The choice is yours, and the possibilities are endless.
Not only is this PVC shoe organiser a good way to keep your shoes organised, but it also adds a touch of creativity to your home décor. The painted PVC pipes look gorgeous and make this shoe organiser an eye-catching piece.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and inexpensive craft project to do with the kids this summer, give the PVC shoe organiser a try. It’s a real treasure for your home, and it’s sure to captivate the attention of everyone who sees it.
Remember to have fun and let your creativity flow as you plan and create your PVC shoe organiser. Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast or a craft novice, this project is sure to be a fantastic way to spend a relaxing afternoon.
Once you’ve started, you’ll quickly realise just how much fun crafting can be. The PVC shoe organiser is just the beginning of your DIY adventures. Who knows, it may even open the door to more inventive and engaging craft projects that you can share with family and friends. So grab your PVC pipes and get crafty!
With a little bit of creativity and some basic DIY skills, you can turn a simple PVC pipe into the coolest shoe organiser on the block. This project is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike, and it’s a fantastic way to add a touch of flair and functionality to your home.
34 Plastic Cap Mural
Let your child’s imagination run wild with this fun and creative art project. Using plastic caps from bottles and containers, they can create a colorful mural that will brighten up any room in your home.
Start by collecting plastic caps of various sizes and colors. You can ask your child to help you with this, or you can save them up over time. Once you have enough caps, lay them out on a flat surface and start planning the design.
Your child can create anything they want with the plastic caps. They can make animals, plants, or even a scene from their favorite superhero movie. The only limit is their imagination!
To attach the caps to a canvas or a piece of sturdy cardboard, you can use a hot glue gun or a strong adhesive. Make sure to supervise your child if they are using the glue gun to avoid any accidents.
Once the caps are securely attached, your child can start painting the mural. They can use acrylic paints, markers, or even glitter to add some extra sparkle. Encourage them to experiment with different colors and textures to make their design really stand out.
Once the painting is complete, you can hang the plastic cap mural on the wall or place it on a shelf as a decorative piece. Your child will feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment seeing their artwork displayed for everyone to see.
This art project is not only a fun way for your child to express their creativity, but it also helps develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. It’s a win-win activity!
So don’t throw away those plastic caps – save them up for this special art project. It’s a great way to spend quality time with your child and create something beautiful together.
35 Concrete Planters
If you’re amazed by crafting with concrete or looking for a frugal and crafty way to add a touch of nature to your home, making concrete planters is the perfect project for you. Concrete planters are not only functional and durable but also add a gorgeous vibe to your indoor or outdoor space. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or new to the world of DIY, making concrete planters is a quick and easy project with many benefits.
Concrete planters come in all shapes and sizes, from sweet and simple square or round pots to more inventive designs, like lantern-shaped or boat-shaped planters. You can even use toothpicks or colorful yarn to create playful figures and designs on the outside of your concrete planters. The possibilities are endless!
When it comes to making concrete planters, you’ll need a few basic supplies. Gather some concrete mix, water, and a mold or container of your choice – you can even use recycled materials like old yogurt containers or mesh from packaging. Follow the instructions on the packaging of your concrete mix to create the perfect mixture, then pour it into your mold and let it dry.
Once your concrete has dried, you can remove it from the mold and voila – you have your very own homemade concrete planter! You can place your plants directly into the planter, or you can use a smaller plastic pot as a liner. This makes it easy to change out your plants throughout the year or bring them indoors during the colder months.
Concrete planters have a timeless and rustic look that makes them a great addition to any home decor. They also make wonderful gifts for birthdays, holidays, or just to show someone you’re thinking of them. Plus, crafting with concrete is a fun and creative way to spend time with your kids or get together with friends for a craft night.
Not only are concrete planters beautiful, but they’re also very practical. They’re heavy enough that they won’t easily tip over, and they provide stability for your plants. Concrete planters also help to regulate moisture levels in the soil, keeping your plants healthy and happy.
So, why not give concrete planters a try? They’re a great way to add a touch of nature to your home and get your hands dirty in the process. Whether you’re a seasoned DIYer or just starting out, making concrete planters is a craft that anyone can enjoy. Get creative, have fun, and enjoy the benefits of having gorgeous planters around your home!
|1.||Concrete planter shaped like a lantern|
|2.||Concrete planter in the shape of a boat|
|3.||Concrete planter with playful figures and designs|
|4.||Concrete planter with colorful yarn strip decorations|
|5.||Concrete planter made from recycled materials|
36 Popsicle Sticks Lantern
Looking for a fun and creative craft activity that will light up your child’s imagination? Try making a popsicle stick lantern! This DIY project is not only entertaining but also educational, helping your child develop their motor skills, creativity, and problem-solving abilities.
If you have a bunch of popsicle sticks lying around, this project is the perfect way to put them to use. With just a few simple materials, you and your child can create a beautiful lantern that will instantly brighten up any room.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a popsicle stick lantern:
- First, gather your materials. You will need popsicle sticks, glue, a cloth, and some string or twine.
- Start by creating the base of the lantern. Arrange the popsicle sticks in a square or rectangular shape and glue them together.
- Next, create the sides of the lantern by gluing popsicle sticks vertically along the edges of the base.
- Once the glue is dry, carefully tie a piece of string or twine around one corner of the lantern. This will be used to hang the lantern later.
- Now it’s time to decorate! Let your child’s imagination swing into action as they design the lantern using paint, markers, stickers, or any other craft materials they like. They can create patterns, draw pictures, or even write messages on the sides of the lantern.
- Once the lantern is completely dry, you can add lights inside. Battery-operated fairy lights or LED tea lights work best as they are safe and won’t generate heat.
- To make the lantern waterproof for outdoor use, you can cover it with clear adhesive plastic or glue a plastic sheet inside.
Hooray! Your popsicle stick lantern is now ready to shine brightly. Hang it indoors to add a cozy ambiance to any room or take it outside to enjoy its beauty in the night sky. You and your child will be amazed at how such a simple craft can create something so magical.
So, grab those popsicle sticks and let your child’s creativity take flight. This popsicle stick lantern is just one of the many fun and engaging art and craft activities you can enjoy with your child. Browse for more ideas and let the creative adventure continue!
37 Geometric Wall Paint
If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to spruce up your kid’s bedroom or playroom, then why not try out some geometric wall paint? This project requires nothing more than some paint, tape, and a little creativity to transform a plain wall into a stunning piece of art.
The first step is to gather your materials. You’ll need some painter’s tape, various colors of paint, and a paintbrush or roller. Once you have everything ready, it’s time to start planning your design. There are endless possibilities when it comes to geometric patterns, so let your imagination run wild!
To create your design, start by taping off different shapes and patterns on the wall. You can go for simple shapes like triangles or squares, or you can get more intricate with diamonds or hexagons. The tape will act as a guide and help you create clean and crisp lines.
Once you have your design taped off, it’s time to start painting. Use a brush or roller to apply the paint within each taped-off section. You can choose to paint each shape a solid color or get creative and use multiple colors within each shape. The choice is yours!
After the paint has dried, carefully remove the tape to reveal your masterpiece. You’ll be amazed at how a simple hackshaw can transform a plain wall into a work of art. The geometric design will surely be a conversation starter and add a touch of modernity to any room.
If you want to take your wall painting to the next level, consider adding some special touches. You can glue on buttons, yarn, or even bunting to add texture and dimension to your design. You can also use string or melted wax to create unique patterns on the wall.
Another idea is to incorporate other materials into your painting. For example, you can use sand to create a textured scene or glue on small items like bottle caps, matchboxes, or even seed pods. The possibilities are endless!
Geometric wall painting is a frugal and fun way to decorate your kid’s room. You can use leftover paint from other projects or collect sample-sized paint bottles from the hardware store. It’s a great way to keep your kid’s mind engaged and encourage their creativity.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the idea of painting a whole wall, start small. You can paint a couple of geometric shapes on a canvas or even a piece of cardboard. It’s a low-risk way to experiment with different color combinations and patterns.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and inexpensive art project to do with your kids, give geometric wall painting a try. You’ll be surprised at how much fun and relaxing it can be. Plus, your kid will have a blast showing off their hand-painted masterpiece to their friends and family!
38 Old Tyre Planters
If you’re looking for a brilliant way to upcycle old tyres and create a unique and funky addition to your garden, look no further! Old tyres can be easily transformed into fantastic planters that will add a splash of colour and interest to any outdoor space.
There are so many different ideas for old tyre planters, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Whether you want to create a colourful kaleidoscope of tyres by painting them in bright and vibrant colours, or if you prefer a more natural and rustic look by leaving the tyres as they are, the possibilities are endless.
If you’re feeling crafty, you can try your hand at knitting some coloured yarn around the tyres to give them a cosy and unique look. Or, if you’re up for a challenge, you can even try quilting some fabric and attaching it to the sides of the tyres for a more whimsical touch.
For a fun and festive option, you can turn the old tyres into Christmas-themed planters by painting them in red and green, and adding some fake snow or ornaments. These planters will make a fantastic addition to your holiday decorations.
If you have a dinosaur enthusiast in your midst, why not give their old tyres a dinosaur twist? Paint them in bright colours and attach some plates and leaves to create a dinosaur-themed planter that will fuel their imagination and bring their prehistoric dreams to life.
Old tyre planters are not only a great way to add some flair to your garden, but they also have numerous benefits. The deep and wide shape of the tyres provides an ideal environment for growing plants, and the tyres can be easily moved around to different spots in your garden. Plus, they’re a cost-effective option as well!
So next time you’re thinking about throwing away those old tyres, think again. Give them a new lease on life by transforming them into beautiful and functional planters that will keep your garden looking fresh and colourful all year round.
39 Crate Wall Organiser
If you’re looking for a bright and hand DIY project that can help keep your child’s room organized, then the crate wall organizer is the perfect craft for you!
Using old wooden crates, you can create a stylish and functional wall organizer that can be used to store everything from books and toys to art supplies and school supplies. It’s a great way to take something old and turn it into something new.
To make the crate wall organizer, start by gathering a few wooden crates. You can find these at a craft store or you can repurpose old crates that you may already have at home. Once you have your crates, you can begin the crafty process of painting them in your child’s favorite colors.
Next, it’s time to get creative with how you arrange the crates on the wall. You can stack them vertically or horizontally, or even create a unique pattern that fits your child’s personality. Use twine or colorful washi tape to secure the crates to the wall.
Once the crates are securely attached to the wall, you can start filling them with your child’s treasured belongings. Use the crates as shelves to display their favorite books or to hold their art supplies. You can even create a fun pencil holder by attaching small tin cans to the bottom of one of the crates.
If your child loves to draw or paint, you can also attach a small corkboard or chalkboard to one of the crates. This will provide them with a space to hang their artwork or jot down their creative ideas.
The crate wall organizer is not only a great way to keep your child’s room neat and tidy, but it also allows them to express their creativity and take pride in their own space. Plus, it’s a fun craft project that you can do together and bond over.
So the next time you’re looking for a new project to tackle with your child, consider building a crate wall organizer. You’ll be amazed at what you can create together!
40 Garden Lights
Looking to add some sparkle and magic to your garden? These garden lights are the perfect way to do it! Whether you want to create a cozy ambiance for a summer evening or add a touch of whimsy to your outdoor space, these DIY garden lights are sure to impress. Plus, they’re a fun and creative project for kids to make at home. Here are 40 ideas to get you started:
- Create a cost-effective and unique garden light by turning a clear plastic bottle into a lantern. Simply cut a hole in the side, place a waterproof LED light inside, and hang it from a tree branch.
- Make DIY suncatcher lights by painting glass jars with translucent colors. When the sun shines through, it’ll create a beautiful and colorful display.
- Use old CDs to make glittery garden lights. Simply break the CDs into small pieces, glue them onto clear plastic or glass containers, and place an LED candle inside.
- If you love the rustic chic look, make lanterns using mason jars and twine. Wrap the twine around the jar, secure it with glue, and add an LED tea light.
- Create unique and whimsical lights using Ping-Pong balls. Cut a small hole in each ball, insert an LED light, and hang them from a string to create a beautiful string of lights.
- Add a touch of magic to your garden by making DIY firefly lights. Poke small holes in an empty tin can, place an LED tea light inside, and watch as the light shines through the holes, creating a firefly effect.
- Use natural materials like seashells, driftwood, and feathers to create stunning and unique lights. Attach these items to clear plastic containers or weave them into a DIY t-shirt yarn lantern.
- Create a rustic and charming wind chime light by attaching small mason jars to a piece of driftwood or a wooden plank. Add LED lights inside the jars and hang them in your garden.
- Make DIY birdhouse lights by transforming birdhouses into beautiful and functional garden lights. Attach LED lights inside the birdhouses and hang them from tree branches.
- Use old wine bottles and twinkle lights to make elegant bottle lights. Simply remove the labels, insert the twinkle lights into the bottles, and let them shine.
Fun and Games
- Create a magical fairy garden with DIY fairy lights. Attach LED lights to small mushroom or fairy-shaped figurines and place them among plants and flowers.
- Make DIY light-up hula hoops for some nighttime fun. Attach LED strip lights to hula hoops and invite your friends over for a glow-in-the-dark dance party.
- Add a touch of whimsy to your garden with DIY balloon lights. Fill balloons with LED lights and hang them from tree branches or place them on the ground for a glowing effect.
- Make DIY glow-in-the-dark garden stepping stones using glow-in-the-dark paint and clear resin. Place these stones along pathways or in flower beds for a magical touch.
- Create a DIY light-up swing for a truly enchanting garden experience. Attach LED strip lights to a wooden swing and enjoy swinging under the glow of the lights.
- Repurpose old metal cans into beautiful garden lights. Paint the cans in your favorite colors, punch holes in the sides, and place LED candles inside.
- Turn empty egg cartons into floral lights by painting the cups in bright colors and attaching LED lights to each cup. Hang these lights from tree branches for a stunning display.
- Transform empty cardboard boxes into whimsical house lights by cutting out windows and doors and placing a small LED light inside. Make a whole village of these charming houses!
- Reimagine old books as elegant bookshelf lights. Cut out a space in the middle of the book, insert LED lights, and watch as the pages glow.
- Use fluffy pom-poms and LED lights to create adorable pom-pom lights. Simply attach the pom-poms to a string of LED lights and hang them in your garden.
These 40 garden lights ideas are just the beginning of what you can create. Let your creativity and imagination shine, and discover how these DIY lights can transform your outdoor space into a magical and enchanting area.
41 Wine Corkboard
If you have a collection of wine corks lying around and don’t want to throw them away, why not make a wine corkboard? This craft idea allows you to repurpose those corks into a practical and eye-catching piece of art.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A pallet or other sturdy board as your base
- Wine corks (the more, the better!)
- Glue (preferably a strong adhesive)
To start, clean and dry the wine corks. If they have any labels or dirt stuck to them, use a brush or newspaper to scrub them off.
Next, assemble your pallet or board. You can either leave it as is for a more rustic look or paint it to match your preferences.
Once your pallet is ready, it’s time to start arranging the corks. There’s no right or wrong way to do this – feel free to get creative and create different patterns or shapes. You could spell out words, create a mosaic, or simply arrange them randomly.
Apply glue to the side of each cork that will touch the pallet. Then, press them firmly onto the board, making sure they adhere well. Let the glue dry completely before moving or hanging your wine corkboard.
Once your wine corkboard is finished, you can use it as a message board, a place to hang artwork or photos, or simply as a decorative piece. It’s a great way to add a unique touch to your home while also recycling and repurposing materials.
This wine corkboard craft is not only fun and easy, but it also provides a hands-on experience for children. They can use their creativity to create sculptures, lanterns, or even a shoe organiser. The possibilities are endless!
So, the next time you enjoy a glass of wine, remember to keep the cork. You never know what kind of magic you can create with a few simple materials and a little imagination.
42 Metallic Leaves Bunting
Looking for a stylish and trendy craft idea that will keep your young ones engaged and entertained? Look no further! The 42 Metallic Leaves Bunting is a fun and engaging activity that kids will love. Whether they are into crafting, origami, or just love to experiment with new ideas, this project is sure to keep them excited!
To make the 42 Metallic Leaves Bunting, you will need some metallic-colored dough, which can be found at specialized craft retailers. You can also find tutorials and instructions for making your own metallic dough on blogs and in magazines. Once you have your dough ready, it’s time to start creating!
Start by rolling out the dough into thin, flat shapes. Use a rolling pin or your hands to achieve the desired thickness. Next, use leaf-shaped templates or freehand your own leaf designs to cut out the shapes from the dough.
Once all the leaves are cut out, you can get creative with the decorating process. You can use metallic paint, glitter, or other embellishments to add texture and shine to the leaves. Let your kids choose the colors and decorations they love and watch their imagination come to life!
When all the leaves are finished and decorated, it’s time to assemble the bunting. You can use string or twine to create a base, then simply attach the leaves to the string using glue or by punching holes in the leaves and threading them onto the string. Make sure to leave enough space between each leaf to allow for movement and a playful vibe.
Once the bunting is assembled, you can hang it up in your child’s room, make it into a suncatcher by attaching it to a window, or use it as a decoration for a special occasion. The metallic leaves will catch the light and add a touch of sparkle to any space!
Not only is the 42 Metallic Leaves Bunting an enjoyable activity for kids, but it also provides a great opportunity to teach them about different leaf shapes and textures. You can use the bunting as a tool for learning about nature and the environment.
So the next time your kids are feeling bored or looking for something to do, why not try making the 42 Metallic Leaves Bunting? It’s a quick and inexpensive craft that is sure to bring a smile to their face and keep them entertained for hours!
43 Fabric Wall Tiles
Fabric wall tiles are a creative and versatile way to add texture and personality to your living space. Whether you want to add a pop of color or create a captivating focal point, fabric wall tiles are the perfect DIY project for any craft enthusiast. Let your creativity soar with these funky fabric wall tile ideas!
Button Wall Tiles: Use colorful buttons to create unique designs on fabric and attach them to your wall for a fun and stylish look.
Twig Wall Tiles: Create a rustic and natural feel by gluing twigs onto fabric and hanging them as wall tiles.
Fluffy Yarn Wall Tiles: Glue fluffy yarn onto fabric to create a cozy and textured wall tile that will add warmth to any room.
Clothespin Wall Tiles: Attach clothespins to fabric and use them to display photos, notes, or artwork.
Knot Wall Tiles: Create a nautical-inspired look by tying knots in fabric and hanging them as wall tiles.
Plate Wall Tiles: Display your favorite plates by attaching them to fabric and hanging them on your wall for a unique and eye-catching design.
Homemade Soap Wall Tiles: Create your own soap designs and attach them to fabric for a unique and functional wall tile.
Kaleidoscope Wall Tiles: Use a kaleidoscope design fabric to create a mesmerizing and colorful wall tile.
Music Sheet Wall Tiles: Attach sheet music to fabric for a charming and musical addition to your wall.
Pallet Wall Tiles: Disassemble a pallet and use the wood pieces to create a rustic and vintage-inspired wall tile.
Firework Wall Tiles: Use fabric with firework-like designs to create a burst of color on your wall.
Globe Wall Tiles: Attach fabric with a world map design to create a unique and educational wall tile.
Cornhole Wall Tiles: Cut out fabric with cornhole board designs and attach them to your wall as a playful and interactive decoration.
Native Cloth Wall Tiles: Use fabric with native-inspired patterns and designs to add a touch of culture and history to your wall.
Rolled Fabric Wall Tiles: Roll up strips of fabric and attach them to your wall for a dynamic and three-dimensional effect.
Tablecloth Wall Tiles: Use a vintage or colorful tablecloth to create a unique and eye-catching wall tile.
Lantern Fabric Wall Tiles: Attach fabric with lantern designs to create a cozy and warm atmosphere in your living space.
Soap Bubble Wall Tiles: Use fabric with soap bubble designs to create a whimsical and playful wall tile.
Stylish Cloth Wall Tiles: Use fabric with stylish and modern patterns to create a sophisticated and trendy wall tile.
Money Fabric Wall Tiles: Attach fabric with money or coin designs for a unique and eye-catching wall tile that will appeal to your sense of wealth.
Fabric Wall Tiles with Flowers: Attach fabric with floral designs to create a fresh and vibrant addition to your wall.
Lego Fabric Wall Tiles: Attach fabric with Lego block designs to create a playful and interactive wall tile for Lego enthusiasts.
Gifts Fabric Wall Tiles: Attach fabric with gift box designs to create a festive and celebratory addition to your wall.
Funky Fabric Wall Tiles: Use fabric with bright and bold patterns to create a fun and energetic wall tile.
Twig and Cloth Wall Tiles: Combine the natural textures of twigs and fabric to create a unique and eye-catching wall tile.
Personal Cloth Wall Tiles: Use fabric with your personal photos or artwork to create a one-of-a-kind wall tile that reflects your unique taste.
Fabric Wall Tiles for Kids: Use fabric with kid-friendly designs to create a fun and interactive wall tile for your little ones.
With so many fabric wall tile designs to choose from, the possibilities are endless. Let your imagination run wild and create something truly unique and special for your living space!
44 Recycled Bike Wheel Garland
If you’re looking for a funky and colourful way to spruce up your outdoor space, this recycled bike wheel garland is the perfect project. Not only does it add a unique accent, but it also helps to reuse old bike wheels and reduce waste. Plus, it’s a fun craft activity for kids to get involved in!
To create the garland, you’ll need a few materials including pebbles, a bike wheel cleaner, and some colourful burlap. Start by collecting old bike wheels – you can often find them at flea markets or online. Give them a thorough clean using a bike wheel cleaner to get rid of any dirt or grime.
Once your bike wheels are clean, it’s time to get creative! Place a piece of cloth on your working table to protect it from any mess. Use coloured burlap to cut out various shapes and designs such as flowers, animals, or even letters to spell out a message. You can use a template or freehand your designs – let your imagination run wild!
Next, attach the burlap cutouts to the bike wheels using a strong craft glue. You can arrange them in any pattern you like – just make sure they are securely attached. If you want to add an extra touch, glue pebbles or marbles onto the wheels for an added pop of color.
Once the glue has dried, it’s time to hang your garland. Attach a sturdy mesh or string to the bike wheels, making sure that it is secure. Then, find a suitable place in your outdoor space to display your creation. It could be on a fence, between trees, or even along a porch railing – the choice is yours!
During the day, the garland will add a colourful and lively touch to your outdoor space. And at night, you can elevate the look by adding some waterproof lanterns or fairy lights to create a magical atmosphere. It’s a great way to show off your handyman skills and add a unique touch to your home.
Creating this recycled bike wheel garland is not only a fun craft project but also a sustainable way to reuse materials. Plus, it’s a great activity for kids to learn about recycling and get involved in creating something adorable for your outdoor space. So gather your materials and get ready to transform those old bike wheels into a colourful work of art!
45 Pallet Swing Bed
If you’re looking for a quick and easy DIY project that will add a touch of romance to your outdoor space, consider making a pallet swing bed. Using wooden pallets is a brilliant way to recycle and repurpose materials that might otherwise end up in the trash. Plus, it’s a fun and messy activity that both kids and adults will enjoy.
Building a pallet swing bed is a versatile and affordable option for outdoor seating. It can be as simple or as elaborate as you prefer, depending on your woodworking skills and the vibe you want to create. Whether you dream of a cozy retreat or a casual gathering spot for friends and family, a pallet swing bed can help to create the ambiance you desire.
Start by gathering the materials you’ll need for your project. In addition to the wooden pallets, you’ll also need some sturdy ropes or chains for hanging the swing bed. You can also add a mattress or cushions for extra comfort.
To begin, clean the pallets thoroughly and remove any loose splinters or nails. Then, carefully disassemble the pallets using a crowbar or a hammer and pry bar. You may need to use a saw to cut the pallets into the desired shape and size for your swing bed.
Once you have the individual pieces of wood, it’s time to start building. You can use a variety of woodworking techniques such as sewing, drilling, or nailing to secure the pieces together. If you’re not familiar with woodworking, there are plenty of printable plans and tutorials available online that can guide you through the process.
When it comes to finishing your swing bed, you have a variety of options. You could leave the wood natural for a rustic look, or you could paint or stain it to match your outdoor décor. Adding a coat of varnish will help to protect the wood from the elements.
Once your swing bed is complete, it’s time to find the perfect spot to hang it. Make sure you have enough space and a strong support structure, such as a sturdy tree branch or a pergola. Secure the ropes or chains to the bed and to the supporting structure, making sure everything is secure and stable.
Now that your pallet swing bed is ready, all that’s left to do is to throw on some comfortable pillows and blankets, grab a good book or a cup of tea, and relax. Whether you’re looking for a cozy spot to enjoy the outdoors or a fun addition to your backyard, a pallet swing bed is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
45 DIY Fun Summer Projects to do with your Kids
Looking for summer activities to keep your kids entertained and engaged? Here are 45 DIY projects that you and your children can enjoy together.
1. Make a fluffy cloud inside a jar. All you need is some cotton balls and a glass jar. It looks like you have caught a piece of the sky!
2. Create hanging grass heads by crafting an old pair of stockings filled with grass seeds and soil. Watch the hair grow!
3. Design colorful drink coasters from old cartons and let your kids use them for their glass of lemonade. They will feel like they are in a fancy restaurant!
4. Make dream catchers with colorful beads and feathers. Hang them in your child’s bedroom window to invite good dreams.
5. Create a lovely wind chime using seashells, driftwood, and fishing line. Hang it outside and listen to the soothing sounds during those warm summer evenings.
6. Personalize a waterproof beach tote for your child by sewing their name onto it. Now they have a special bag to carry their toys to the beach!
7. Make a fortune teller with your child using a printable template and colorful markers. It’s a great way to have fun while discussing what the future holds.
8. Build a space rocket out of recycled materials like cardboard and paint it with bright colors. Let your child’s imagination take off!
9. Make a pom-pom crown by gluing colorful pompoms onto a strip of cardboard. Your child will feel like a king or queen!
10. Create a DIY tabletop firefly jar by using a small mason jar, a battery-operated tea light, and some burlap. It will add a magical touch to your outdoor evenings.
11. Provide a sewing kit for your child and let them create their own stuffed animal or pillow. They will be proud of their construction skills!
12. Design personalized picture frames using old clothespins and paints. Your child can create one for their favorite summer memory.
13. Create wild bird feeders by spreading peanut butter on pinecones and rolling them in birdseed. Hang them outside and watch the colorful feathered visitors.
14. Make DIY lava lamps with water, oil, food coloring, and an Alka-Seltzer tablet. Your child will be fascinated by the bubbling colors!
15. Create a DIY tic-tac-toe game using rocks and a waterproof tablecloth. It’s a fun way to pass the time during picnics or outdoor gatherings.
16. Make your own flower press using cardboard, parchment paper, and rubber bands. Preserve those beautiful summer blooms!
17. Design a DIY kite using colorful paper, straws, and string. Let it soar high in the sky during those windy summer days.
18. Create a DIY birdhouse using popsicle sticks and glue. Hang it in your yard and see if you can attract some feathered friends.
19. Make DIY painted rocks by using outdoor paint and sharpies. Your child can hide them around your neighborhood for others to find.
20. Design DIY wind spinners using aluminum cans, a dowel, and some acrylic paint. Watch them twirl in the breeze!
21. Create cool tie-dye t-shirts using fabric dye and rubber bands. Your child can show off their unique and vibrant creations.
22. Make a DIY mason jar terrarium by layering rocks, soil, and small plants. It’s a mini-garden that adds a touch of nature to any space.
23. Create a DIY sensory tray using colored rice, beans, or sand. Your child can explore different textures and colors with their hands.
24. Make DIY friendship bracelets using colorful embroidery floss. Your child can share them with their friends as special handmade gifts.
25. Design a DIY sun catcher using clear contact paper and tissue paper. Hang them in your child’s bedroom window and let the sunlight create a beautiful display.
26. Create a DIY photo booth using props and a camera. Your child can have fun striking poses and capturing memories.
27. Make DIY bookmarks using cardboard, colored paper, and stickers. It’s a practical and personal gift for any book-loving child.
28. Design a DIY treasure hunt using clues and a hidden treasure. Your child will have a blast searching for the prize!
29. Create DIY bath bombs using baking soda, citric acid, and essential oils. Your child can enjoy a relaxing and fizzy bath.
30. Make DIY slime using glue, borax, and food coloring. It’s a fun and gooey sensory experience.
31. Design a DIY memory jar using an empty glass jar, colored paper, and pens. Your child can fill it with small notes and mementos from their summer adventures.
32. Create a DIY sand art bottle using colored sand and a glass bottle. It’s a unique and colorful decoration for any shelf or table.
33. Make DIY paper flowers using tissue paper and pipe cleaners. Your child can create a bouquet that never wilts.
34. Design a DIY musical instrument by using recycled materials like tin cans, cardboard, and rubber bands. Your child can start their own band!
35. Create a DIY shadow puppet theater using a cardboard box, colored paper, and a flashlight. Your child can put on their own puppet show.
36. Make a DIY dream jar by filling a glass jar with glow-in-the-dark paint and glitter. Your child can enjoy sweet dreams with this glowing nightlight.
37. Design a DIY fairy garden using small plants, miniatures, and pebbles. Your child can create a magical world for their imaginary friends.
38. Create a DIY foam cup popper using a plastic cup and a balloon. Your child can have fun shooting lightweight objects into the air.
39. Make DIY slime putty by mixing liquid starch and glue. It’s a stretchy and satisfying sensory experience.
40. Design a DIY superhero cape using an old t-shirt and fabric paints. Your child can become their favorite superhero!
41. Create a DIY watercolor painting using watercolor paints and paper. Your child can let their creativity flow.
42. Make DIY stepping stones using quick-drying concrete mix and decorative glass gems. Your child can add a personal touch to your garden.
43. Design a DIY sunflower windmill using paper plates and a straw. Watch it spin and brighten up your outdoor space.
44. Create a DIY kaleidoscope using a paper towel roll, colored paper, mirrors, and beads. It’s a mesmerizing visual experience.
45. Make DIY ice cream in a bag using ice, salt, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Your child can enjoy a delicious treat they made themselves.
These 45 DIY summer projects are sure to keep your child entertained and their creativity flowing. Remember to provide guidance and encouragement as they explore their inventive side. Have fun!
1 Paper Dream Catchers
Looking for an easy and fun craft to make with your kids? Paper dream catchers are a great way to unleash your creativity and let your imagination shine. These adorable creations can be made using simple materials that you probably already have at home.
To make a paper dream catcher, you’ll need some construction paper in various colors, scissors, glue, and any decorative elements you’d like to add, such as feathers, sequins, or stickers. Start by cutting out a large circle from one piece of construction paper to act as the base of your dream catcher.
Next, cut out several strips of paper that are about 1 inch wide. You can choose different colors to add variety to your dream catcher. Glue the strips around the edge of the paper circle, leaving a small space between each one. This will create a web-like pattern that is reminiscent of a real dream catcher.
Once the glue is dry, it’s time to add the decorative elements. You can glue flowers, leaves, or butterflies to the paper strips, or use buttons or beads for added sparkle. Let your kids’ imagination run wild and choose whatever they like to make their dream catcher truly unique.
When the dream catchers are done, you can show them off by hanging them up in a window or on a wall. They make great accents for a child’s bedroom or playroom, and they also make wonderful handmade gifts for friends and family.
Don’t worry if you’re not a crafting specialist. Paper dream catchers are easy enough for anyone to make, and they’re a perfect project for kids of all ages. Whether your little ones are preschoolers just learning to use scissors or older kids looking for a new crafting adventure, these dream catchers are sure to capture their imagination.
If you’re looking for more craft ideas, be sure to browse our other articles. We have plenty of fun and easy projects to keep your kids entertained year-round. From homemade pencil pals to farm animal boxes and flower plate organisers, there’s something for everyone!
So grab your scissors, construction paper, and glue, and get ready to let your creativity take flight. Making paper dream catchers is a fun and captivating activity that the whole family can enjoy. It doesn’t cost much, but the memories you’ll create are priceless.
Once you’ve made a few dream catchers, why not show off your creations? Share them with us on social media using the hashtag #PaperDreamCatchers. We’d love to see how your imagination shines through in your unique designs.
2 DIY Mermaid Tail
Looking for a fun and creative project to do with your kids at home? How about making your very own mermaid tail? In this DIY craft, your child can unleash their imagination and create a unique mermaid tail that they can wear and play with.
To make a DIY mermaid tail, you will need a few materials that you may already have at home. Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
|1. A pair of old leggings or pants|
|2. A large piece of fabric in your child’s favorite color|
|4. Needle and thread or a sewing machine|
|5. Elastic band|
|6. Optional: Shells, sequins, or other decorations|
Start by cutting off the legs of the leggings or pants, leaving only the waistband and the upper parts. Next, take your large piece of fabric and cut it into a mermaid tail shape. You can use a pencil to outline the shape and then cut along the lines.
Now it’s time to sew the fabric onto the leggings or pants. You can gather the fabric along the waistband and sew it in place, creating a gathered effect that resembles a mermaid tail. Make sure to leave enough room for your child to easily slip their legs into the tail.
If you want to add some extra sparkle and shine to the mermaid tail, you can glue or sew on some shells, sequins, or other decorations. This will give the tail a whimsical and magical touch that any little mermaid will love.
Once the mermaid tail is complete, your child can put it on and dive into their imaginary underwater world. Whether they’re pretending to be a mermaid swimming in the ocean or a mermaid princess attending a royal ball, this DIY craft will definitely bring their mermaid dreams to life.
This DIY mermaid tail project is not only a fun way to spend time with your kids, but it also has several benefits. It allows children to express their creativity and develop their fine motor skills through cutting, sewing, and decorating. It also encourages imaginative play and can be used during indoor or outdoor activities.
So why not give your child the experience of becoming a mermaid with their very own handmade mermaid tail? They will have a blast making it and even more fun playing with it later. Plus, it’s a great way to recycle old clothing and teach your kids about the importance of reducing waste.
Get ready to watch their faces light up as they transform into a magical mermaid. Start crafting and let their imagination soar like bubbles in the ocean!
3 Paper Lantern
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft that can be done indoors or outdoors, making paper lanterns is the perfect choice. Not only is it a great way to keep the kids entertained, but it also allows them to get creative and show off their artistic skills. Paper lanterns are an age-old craft that can be created using simple materials that you probably already have at home.
To make a paper lantern, you will need a few basic supplies such as colored paper, scissors, glue, and string. You can also get creative and add other decorations like glitter or drawings to personalize your lantern. The best part is that you can choose any shape or size for your lantern, making it a versatile craft for kids of all ages.
To get started, find a flat and spacious area where your child can work comfortably. Lay out a towel to protect the surface from any messes. Next, have your child choose the color and size of the paper they want to use for their lantern. You can find plenty of inspiration on Pinterest or in crafty books. Once they’ve made their choice, assist them in cutting the paper into the desired shape, whether it’s a square, circle, or even a dinosaur.
Next, help your child fold the paper into a cylinder shape. Apply glue to one side to secure the lantern together. Let the glue dry for a few minutes, and then poke a small hole at the top and bottom of the lantern for the string. Thread the string through the holes and tie a knot at each end to secure it. Now your child can decorate the lantern with drawings, glitter, or any other embellishments they desire. Let their imagination run wild!
Once the lantern is complete, it’s time to find the perfect place to hang it. Whether you choose to hang it indoors or outdoors, your child will be amazed at how their creation brightens up the space. You can hang it from a branch or place it on a table as a centerpiece for a special occasion. You could even make a few lanterns and create a DIY outdoor lantern display!
Creating paper lanterns is an ideal craft for kids because it allows them to express their creativity while also developing fine motor skills. It’s a great way to keep them engaged and entertained, especially during the summer months when they may start to get bored. Plus, it’s a project that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Get everyone involved by making your own lanterns and see who can come up with the coolest design!
So, the next time your child says they’re bored, give paper lantern making a try. You’ll be amazed at how much they enjoy the process and how proud they are of their finished product. Not only will you end up with a beautiful decoration for your home, but you’ll also create lasting memories together.
Whether you’re a craft specialist or just someone looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, paper lantern making is a great option. It’s easy, affordable, and offers endless possibilities for creativity. So gather your supplies, find a comfortable crafting station, and let the fun begin!
4 Flower Prints using Bottle
Creating art with everyday objects can be a fun and exciting activity for kids. One such object that can be used to make beautiful flower prints is a bottle. In this tutorial, we will show you how to make four unique flower prints using a small bottle.
1. Bottle Cap Flowers: For this project, you will need a small bottle with a cap, some paint, and a piece of paper. Dip the bottle cap in paint and press it onto the paper to create flower shapes. Experiment with different colors and patterns to give your flowers a vibrant and festive look.
2. Bottle Stamp Flowers: Another way to use a bottle for flower prints is by creating a stamp. Cut a flower shape out of the bottom of the bottle and dip it in paint. Press the bottle stamp onto the paper to create flower prints. You can also add details using a brush or markers.
3. Bottle Brush Flowers: If you have a bottle with a brush attached to the cap, you can create unique flower prints by using the brush. Dip the brush in paint and press it onto the paper to make flower shapes. Experiment with different brush sizes and colors to create a variety of flower prints.
4. Bottle Bottom Flowers: This flower print idea is perfect for creating larger flower shapes. Simply dip the bottom of the bottle in paint and press it onto the paper. You can create a bouquet of flowers by using different colors and sizes of bottles.
These flower prints using bottles are easy and fun to make. They also provide a great opportunity for kids to explore their creativity and imagination. Whether you use them to decorate your bedroom walls or give them as gifts to family and friends, these flower prints are sure to bring a touch of nature and beauty to any space.
5 Egg Carton Boats
If you have some empty egg cartons lying around in your home, don’t just throw them away! Instead, why not turn them into some fun and creative egg carton boats? These boats are not only a great craft activity for kids, but they can also be used as decorative items in your garden or indoor rooms. Plus, they’re easy to make and require simple materials that are readily available. Let your child’s imagination run wild and have a fantastic time creating these 5 egg carton boats!
1. Floating Garden Boats
Show your child how to transform an egg carton into a colorful floating garden boat. They can paint the carton in vibrant colors and add some decorative flowers or plants. These boats can be placed in a small water-filled container or even a kid-friendly outdoor pond. It’s a great way to teach young ones about plants, develop their love for gardening, and have fun in the process!
2. Pirate Boats
If your child is a fan of pirates and adventures, they will surely love making and playing with these pirate boats. Paint the egg carton in a wooden texture, attach a mast using sticks, and add a paper sail. You can even create pirate figurines using shrinky dinks or homemade playdough to complete the pirate theme. It’s like a mini pirate ship ready to set sail on imaginary seas!
3. Fireflies on Water
Create a magical scene with these firefly-inspired egg carton boats. Paint the carton in a dark color and add glow-in-the-dark paint or stickers to mimic fireflies. Attach a strip of lightweight paper or cardboard to make it look like wings. Place the boats on water and watch them glow in the dark. It’s a perfect craft for a summer evening or a bedtime story setting.
4. Animal Can Boats
Let your child’s imagination soar with these animal-themed egg carton boats. Simply attach animal figures onto the egg carton, such as farm animals or sea creatures. Decorate the boats with paint, glitter, or feathers to give them a unique touch. These boats are not only a craft project but can also be a fun toy in the bathtub or a water play area. Let your child’s creativity take the lead!
5. Wind Chime Boats
Create a beautiful and melodic wind chime using egg carton boats. Attach small bells or wind chime tubes to the bottom of the boats and hang them from a wooden hoop or a sturdy tree branch using strings or ribbons. It’s a lovely way to add a touch of music and movement to your outdoor living space. Sit back and enjoy the soothing sounds of the wind playing with your homemade wind chime boats!
So, don’t let those egg cartons go to waste. Get crafty and start making these egg carton boats with your kids. They will not only have fun but also develop their creativity, confidence, and love for DIY projects. There’s always something new and exciting to create, whether it’s in your garden, on the grass, or indoors. Have a blast exploring these fantastic egg carton boat ideas!
6 Bubble Painting
Bring out the playful side of your child with bubble painting! This fun and interactive activity is sure to be a hit. Plus, it’s a great way to let your child explore their creativity and experiment with different art techniques. Here’s how to make your own bubble painting masterpiece:
- A bubble solution
- Various colored paints
- Blank cards or paper
- A straw
- Mix your bubble solution with the colored paint of your choice and stir well. You can mix different colors to create unique and vibrant bubbles!
- Place a blank card or paper on a flat surface
- Dip the straw into the bubble solution and blow gently to create bubbles
- Let the bubbles touch the card or paper and watch as they burst, leaving behind beautiful splashes of color
- Repeat the process with different colored bubbles and experiment with different techniques, like blowing the bubbles directly onto the card or paper or using a straw to blow the bubbles in a certain direction
- Let your bubble painting dry for a few minutes and then use it as a colorful background for a homemade card or artwork
This bubble painting activity is a great way to engage your child’s sensory and creative skills. They will love the process of blowing bubbles and seeing the vibrant colors appear on the card or paper. It’s also a fun way to explore cause and effect, as your child can experiment with different bubble techniques and see how they affect the final result. So, next time you’re looking for a fun and frugal art project, give bubble painting a try!
7 Button Ring
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft activity for kids, this 7 Button Ring is perfect! With just a few simple steps, your child can create their very own unique ring to wear or give as a gift.
To make the 7 Button Ring, you’ll need a variety of colorful buttons, some string or twine, and a large needle. Start by selecting seven buttons in different shapes, sizes, and colors. Lay them out in a design that you like.
Once you have your buttons arranged, cut a piece of string or twine that is long enough to wrap around your finger comfortably. Thread the needle with the string and carefully pass it through the holes of each button, making sure they stay in the desired order.
After you’ve threaded all seven buttons onto the string, tie a secure knot at the end to keep them in place. Trim any excess string, and your 7 Button Ring is ready to wear!
This simple craft allows kids to get creative and experiment with different button combinations to make their own unique ring. They can mix and match colors or create patterns with the buttons. The possibilities are endless!
What’s great about the 7 Button Ring is that it doesn’t require any special tools or materials. You can easily find buttons around the house or at a local craft store. It’s a fantastic way to repurpose buttons that may have fallen off clothes or been leftover from other projects.
This craft is also a great fine motor skill exercise for kids. They’ll need to use their hand-eye coordination to thread the buttons onto the string and tie the knot at the end. As they navigate the small holes of the buttons, they’ll refine their dexterity and concentration skills.
Additionally, the 7 Button Ring can be an opportunity to teach kids about colors, shapes, and patterns. They can sort the buttons by color or size, or create a design with a specific theme in mind, like a rainbow or animal scene.
So, when your little ones are feeling bored and looking for something to do at home, encourage them to try making a 7 Button Ring. They’ll have fun, get their creative juices flowing, and end up with a unique piece of handmade jewelry to wear or gift to a friend or family member.
Don’t wait for a rainy day or holiday to get crafting – making the 7 Button Ring is a perfect year-round activity that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages. So gather up those buttons and let the fun begin!
8 Sunflower Marshmallow Pops
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious treat to make with your kids, these sunflower marshmallow pops are a great option. They’re easy to make and tasty to eat, making them a hit with children of all ages.
To manage this craft, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Melted chocolate or candy melts
- Yellow and black food coloring
- Graham cracker crumbs or crushed cookies
Here’s how to make these adorable sunflower marshmallow pops:
- Stick a toothpick into each marshmallow. This will make it easier to hold and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate or candy melts according to the package instructions. Add yellow food coloring for the petals and black food coloring for the center of the sunflower.
- Dip the marshmallows into the melted chocolate, covering about 3/4 of the marshmallow with the yellow chocolate. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Roll the dipped marshmallows in graham cracker crumbs or crushed cookies to create the sunflower texture. Set them aside to dry.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, use a toothpick to draw lines from the center to the edges of the marshmallow to create the sunflower petals.
- Enjoy your sunflower marshmallow pops! They make a lovely treat for a gathering or a fun surprise for your child’s friends.
These sunflower marshmallow pops are not only tasty, but they also make a great craft activity. Your kids will love getting creative and making their own edible artwork. Plus, they can have fun pretending to be chefs while they prepare these delicious treats.
If your child has a love for all things nature, they can also incorporate these sunflower marshmallow pops into imaginative play. They can create a scene with their marshmallow pops and their favorite animal or LEGO friends. They can even make a small beach or garden with sand or rolled-out playdough.
Marshmallow pops are a popular treat among kids and adults alike. They’re a great choice for birthday parties, playdates, or any special occasion. Adults will surely enjoy the taste of these sunflower marshmallow pops as well!
So, gather your materials and launch into this fun and delicious craft. Your kids will love creating their very own sunflower marshmallow pops, and they’ll be excited to share them with their friends and family. Just be sure to save a few for yourself!
9 Summer Skies Jello Snack
Looking for a fun and creative snack idea to make with your kids this summer? Try making these colorful and captivating Summer Skies Jello snacks! It’s a simple and delicious treat that your kids will love.
To make these Summer Skies Jello snacks, you’ll need the following materials:
- Jello mix in several different colors
- Popsicle sticks
- Gummy worms
Start by preparing each color of Jello according to the package instructions. Pour each color into separate bowls and let them cool slightly. While the Jello is still slightly liquid, gather your kids and have them carefully pour one color into each section of an ice cube tray. Stick a toothpick into each section, making sure it stands upright. Let the Jello set completely in the refrigerator.
Once the Jello is set, carefully remove each color from the ice cube tray. Assemble the colors onto popsicle sticks in a vertical pattern to create a rainbow effect. Use a gummy worm to hold the layers together at the bottom. The popsicles should look like a colorful summer sky!
These Summer Skies Jello snacks are not only fun to make, but they’re also delicious and provide several benefits for your kids. They’re a great way to teach your kids about different colors and encourage them to try new flavors. The vibrant colors and tasty flavors will make eating Jello a special and memorable experience for your kids.
While making these Summer Skies Jello snacks, you can also talk to your kids about the beautiful skies they see during the summer. Talk about the different colors they see and how they change throughout the day. It’s a great opportunity to engage in a fun and educational conversation.
So why wait? Try making these Summer Skies Jello snacks with your kids today and create some lasting memories together!
10 Newspaper Forts
Building forts out of newspapers is a timeless pastime that kids have been enjoying for generations. Not only is it a fun and engaging activity, but it also encourages creativity and problem-solving skills. Below are 10 unique newspaper fort ideas that your kids will love:
This fort is ideal for outdoor play. Construct a pyramid shape using rolled-up newspaper sticks and newspaper boxes for stability. Attach some strings with confetti or pompoms hanging down, and you have a captivating wind chime!
Newspaper Animal Shelter
Convert a newspaper fort into an animal shelter for your child’s stuffed animals. Build walls and a roof using rolled-up newspapers and stacked shoe boxes. Your child can arrange and decorate the interior any way they want.
This fort is a good way to repurpose old newspapers. Simply stack folded newspaper pages between two stacks of shoeboxes, and you have a unique bookshelf for your child’s room!
Your kids can make their own firework sculptures by cutting out and gluing together colored newspaper strips. Once dried, the fireworks can be displayed on a table or hung on the wall.
A newspaper loom is an ideal introduction to weaving for young kids. Simply fold and staple a newspaper into a rectangular shape, then weave colored strips of newspaper in and out to create a unique piece of art.
This waterproof fort is perfect for bath time. Cut newspaper into strips, then soak them in water and arrange them into a mat shape. Once dried, the mat can be used to catch bubbles or as a play surface.
This fort can be used to plant small flowers or herbs. Roll up newspaper tightly and form it into a cylinder shape. Stack multiple newspaper cylinders together to create a tall planter. Fill with soil and plant your favorite greens.
Newspaper Frog Pond
Using folded newspaper, construct a pond shape and fill it with crumpled newspaper balls to represent lily pads. Kids can then create newspaper frogs to float on the pond or sit on the lily pads.
Newspaper Dinosaur Cave
This fort is perfect for dinosaur enthusiasts. Build walls and a roof using rolled-up newspapers, then create dinosaur cutouts from colored newspaper. Kids can have fun reenacting their own Jurassic adventures!
Newspaper Disco Ball
Transform a newspaper fort into a disco party. Cut newspaper into strips and glue them to a round balloon. Once the glue is dried, pop the balloon and hang the newspaper ball from the ceiling. Turn on some music and let the dance party begin!
These newspaper forts are not only a great way to keep your kids entertained, but they also encourage creativity and imagination. So the next time your kids are bored, show them these engaging newspaper fort ideas and watch as their imaginations run wild!
11 Lemonade Stand
If you’re looking for a special and inventive craft idea for your kids, then setting up a lemonade stand is the perfect activity. Not only will they have fun crafting and assembling their own stand, but they will also get to experience the joy of earning some pocket money.
To create a lemonade stand, you’ll need a few materials. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Once your lemonade stand is ready, your kids can start selling their refreshing homemade lemonade. Encourage them to be polite and welcoming to their customers, and to showcase their craft with pride. They can also add games like cornhole or offer lemonade in special flavors to attract more customers.
Setting up a lemonade stand not only provides a fun crafting and business experience for your kids, but it also teaches them about entrepreneurship, the value of earning money, and the joy of sharing their creations with others. So why not plan a lemonade stand day with your kids and watch them enjoy the whole process from start to finish?
12 Glow in the Dark Jellyfish
- Create a whimsical glow in the dark jellyfish using a plastic bag, string, and glow sticks.
- Start by cutting the bottom of a plastic bag to make the shape of the jellyfish’s body.
- Attach strings to the bottom of the bag, making sure they are different lengths for added dimension.
- Activate a few glow sticks and insert them inside the bag to make the jellyfish light up.
- Hang the jellyfish from the ceiling or a tree to create a magical glow in the dark effect.
- This craft is perfect for a nighttime gathering or to create a festive atmosphere for a special occasion.
- It’s a simple and versatile craft that kids of all ages can enjoy making.
- Not only will kids have fun making this craft, but they will also love the magical glow that the jellyfish emits.
- These glow in the dark jellyfish can be used to decorate a child’s room, a classroom, or even an outdoor space.
- They are a great way to add a unique accent to any d&éacute;cor and bring a touch of whimsical charm.
- If you’re stuck for ideas on what to do with leftover glow sticks, this craft is a great way to repurpose them.
- Hang a few jellyfish from a bookshelf, fence, or even a light fixture and watch as they bring a magical touch to any space.
- Whether you’re planning a themed party or just looking to add some fun to your home, these glow in the dark jellyfish are sure to entertain.
13 Frog Baseball Hat
If your kids love frogs and baseball hats, why not combine the two with this fun craft? The frog baseball hat is a unique and funky accessory that they will enjoy making and wearing. Plus, it’s a frugal craft that makes use of materials you may already have at home. Here’s how to make it.
- A baseball cap
- Green fabric or felt
- White and black felt
- Hot glue gun
- Googley eyes
- Begin by cutting out the shape of a frog face from the green fabric or felt. Cut two large circles for the eyes from the white felt, and two smaller circles for the pupils from the black felt.
- Using the hot glue gun, carefully glue the frog face onto the front of the baseball cap. Make sure to leave enough space for the brim of the hat.
- Next, glue the googley eyes onto the white felt circles, and then glue the black felt circles onto the googley eyes.
- Once the glue has dried, carefully attach the eyes to the frog face on the baseball cap.
- To add some extra details, you can cut out a small red tongue from the red felt and glue it onto the frog face.
- Allow the glue to dry completely before wearing the frog baseball hat.
The frog baseball hat is a fantastic and stylish accessory that your kids will love wearing. They can wear it to outdoor activities, sports events, or just because it’s fun and funky. It’s also a great way for them to express their creativity and imagination through crafts.
So why not gather up the materials and start creating? Your kids will have a blast making their own frog baseball hat, and they’ll earn some parent cool points for their unique and trendy creation.
14 Grass Heads
If you’re looking for a fun and creative project to do with your kids, creating grass heads can be a great option. They’re easy to make and require minimal materials. Plus, it’s a great way to teach kids about responsibility and taking care of plants.
To make grass heads, all you need is a nylon stocking or a sock, some grass seeds, potting soil, and a small container like a plastic cup or a yogurt pot. Start by filling the sock or stocking with grass seeds and then add potting soil to create the head shape. Tie the end of the stocking to secure the materials inside. Make sure to leave some space at the top for the grass to grow.
Now it’s time to get creative! You can use googly eyes, buttons, or felt to create facial features for your grass head. You can also add yarn or string for hair and decorate it with paint or markers. Encourage your child to let their imagination run wild and come up with their own unique designs.
Once you’re happy with the decorations, place the grass head in the container with a little bit of water to help the grass seeds germinate. Make sure to keep the soil moist, but be careful not to overwater it. Place it in a sunny spot and watch as the grass starts to grow. Your kids can even give their grass heads haircuts and style their hair as they please.
Not only are grass heads a fun and creative activity, but they also have several benefits. They can help improve your child’s fine motor skills as they handle and manipulate the materials. It’s also a great way to teach them about the life cycle of plants and the importance of taking care of nature.
Grass heads can make for a whimsical decoration in any room. You can place them on a windowsill, a bookshelf, or even create a whole grass head station in your child’s room. They can also be used as keyrings, treehouse decorations, or pen holders. The possibilities are endless!
So, if you’re looking for a cheap and fun craft idea to keep your kids entertained, give grass heads a try. It’s a simple project that can keep them busy for hours and let their creativity soar. Plus, it’s a great way to add a touch of nature to your home décor. Give it a go and watch your kids’ faces light up with joy as they see their grass heads grow!
15 Glitter Sunglasses
Glitter sunglasses are a fun and stylish accessory that kids will love to make and wear. Whether it’s for a costume party or just a day of playing dress-up, these sparkly shades are sure to be a hit. Plus, they’re easy to make with just a few simple materials.
To make glitter sunglasses, you’ll need the following:
- A pair of sunglasses
- A paintbrush
First, gather all of your supplies and find a clean, flat surface to work on. Lay out some newspaper or a towel to protect your workspace from the glue and glitter.
Next, take the sunglasses and apply a thin layer of glue to the frames using a paintbrush. You can choose to cover the entire frame in glue or create a pattern with the glue. It’s up to you!
Once the glue is applied, sprinkle glitter over the frames until they are fully covered. You can use different colors of glitter to create a unique and eye-catching design. Make sure to tap off any excess glitter and let the frames dry completely.
When the glue is dry, your glitter sunglasses are ready to wear! Kids can put them on and show off their sparkling style. These sunglasses are perfect for pretend play, costume parties, or just adding a touch of glamour to any outfit.
Not only are glitter sunglasses a fun craft project, but they also provide a great sensory experience for kids. The texture of the glitter and the weight of the sunglasses can help develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
To extend the fun, you can create different themed glitter sunglasses. For example, you could make mermaid-themed sunglasses with blue and green glitter, or superhero-themed sunglasses with red and yellow glitter. The possibilities are endless!
Remember to keep safety in mind when making and wearing glitter sunglasses. Make sure kids have adult supervision and avoid getting glitter in their eyes. If you’re concerned about the mess, you can also try using glitter glue or glitter pens instead of loose glitter.
So, why not gather some glitter and sunglasses and get crafty with your kids? These glitter sunglasses are a simple and engaging project that will keep little ones entertained for hours. Plus, they make a great addition to any dress-up box or costume collection.
16 Helicopter Made from Plastic Bottle
If you have an empty plastic bottle lying around, don’t throw it in the trash! Instead, you can turn it into a fun and imaginative art project with your kids. In this section, we’ll show you how to make a cool helicopter using just a plastic bottle and a few other materials.
To make the helicopter, you’ll need:
Here’s how you can make the helicopter:
- Start by cutting a hole in the bottom of the plastic bottle. This will act as a station for the helicopter.
- Next, cut out a flower shape from the plastic plate. This will serve as the propeller of the helicopter.
- Attach the twigs to the sides of the plastic bottle, near the top. These will be the helicopter’s legs.
- Tie a piece of wool to the plastic bottle, just below the propeller. This will act as the helicopter’s tail.
- Use the colorful pastels to decorate the helicopter. You can draw on the bottle, the propeller, and even the twigs.
- Once everything is done, glue the flower-shaped propeller to the top of the plastic bottle.
Now you have your very own helicopter made from a plastic bottle! This project is not only fun and engaging for kids, but it also provides a great opportunity for them to use their hands and be creative. Whether they’re familiar with helicopters or not, they’ll love making this unique art piece.
Feel free to add your personal touch to the helicopter. If your child is a fan of LEGO, you can use LEGO figures instead of twigs for the legs. If your child loves writing, they can add their name or a fun message on the bottle. The possibilities are endless!
This helicopter craft is a great way to teach your kids about recycling and reusing materials. Instead of throwing away plastic bottles, you can show them how to transform them into something new and exciting. It’s a win-win for both the environment and your child’s creativity!
17 Melted Crayon Art
In this section, we will explore the exciting world of melted crayon art. This creative activity is a fun way for children to unleash their artistic talents and make unique pieces of artwork.
1. Melted Crayon Lemonade Stand: Let your child design and create their own lemonade stand using melted crayons. They can use different colors to make vibrant and eye-catching designs.
2. Melted Crayon Printing: Dip a popsicle stick into melted crayons and use it as a stamp to create adorable designs on paper or fabric.
3. Melted Crayon Birdhouse: Decorate a birdhouse with melted crayons to give it a colorful and vibrant look. Your child’s creativity will shine through in this project.
4. Melted Crayon Slime: Combine melted crayons with slime for a unique and colorful sensory experience. Your child won’t be able to resist playing with this gooey masterpiece.
5. Melted Crayon Clothespin: Melt crayons onto a clothespin and decorate it with fun designs. This versatile craft can be used to hold notes, pictures, or even hang up laundry.
6. Melted Crayon String Art: Create beautiful string art by melting crayons onto a piece of string and then attaching it to a canvas or wooden board. Your child will be amazed at the final product.
7. Melted Crayon Treasure Pebbles: Melt crayons onto smooth pebbles and create colorful treasures that can be used for games, crafts, or simply as decoration.
8. Melted Crayon Dreamcatcher: Make a dreamcatcher using melted crayons instead of traditional feathers. Hang it in your child’s bedroom to catch their dreams and bring color to their sleep.
9. Melted Crayon Snake: Create a cute and colorful snake by melting crayons onto a piece of paper. Your child will love seeing their artwork come to life.
10. Melted Crayon Pirate Ship: Use melted crayons to make a vibrant pirate ship. This inventive craft is perfect for little ones who love adventures on the high seas.
11. Melted Crayon Fluffy Slime: Combine melted crayons with fluffy slime for an extra sensory experience. Your child will love the texture and vibrant colors.
12. Melted Crayon Shoe Shine: Melt crayons onto an old shoe brush to create a colorful shoe shine kit. Your child can use it to make their shoes shine while expressing their creativity.
13. Melted Crayon Jellyfish: Craft a cute jellyfish using melted crayons and let it hang in your child’s room as a colorful decoration. This craft is sure to make a splash.
14. Melted Crayon Stick Suncatcher: Melt crayons onto sticks to create a beautiful suncatcher. Hang it in a window and watch as the sunlight shines through, casting colorful shadows.
15. Melted Crayon Snakes and Ladders: Create a snakes and ladders game board using melted crayons. Your child will love playing this classic game with their own colorful twist.
16. Melted Crayon Knitting: Combine melted crayons with yarn to create a unique knitting project. Your child will love the vibrant colors that emerge as they knit.
17. Melted Crayon Outdoor Art: Use melted crayons to make outdoor art. Your child can paint colorful designs on sidewalks, driveways, or even the floor of the backyard.
These melted crayon art activities are a great way to foster creativity and provide hours of fun for children. Plus, they make excellent decorations and unique gifts for family and friends. So gather your materials and let your child’s imagination run wild!
18 Bird Feeder
If your child loves watching birds, making a bird feeder together can be a fun and educational activity. Not only will it encourage them to spend more time outdoors, but it will also provide a way for them to connect with nature and learn about different bird species. Here is a guide to creating a bird feeder using a plastic bottle:
- A clean plastic bottle
- A bird guide or bird identification app
- A piece of string or twine
- Some bird seeds or bread crumbs
- Cut a small hole near the base of the plastic bottle, big enough for a bird to access the inside.
- Punch two small holes on opposite sides of the bottle neck and thread the string or twine through them, tying a knot at the top to create a hanging loop.
- Fill the bottle with bird seeds or bread crumbs through the hole near the base. Ensure it is not overfilled to prevent spillage.
- Hang the bird feeder in a safe and visible place, such as a tree branch or garden hook, where the birds can easily find it.
- Refer to a bird guide or use a bird identification app to help your child identify the types of birds that visit the feeder.
Your child can now sit back and observe the birds as they enjoy the treats in their handmade bird feeder. They can keep a journal and record the different species they spot during their bird-watching adventures. This activity will undoubtedly become one of their favourite pastimes!
19 Cars’ Cookies
If your child loves cars and cookies, why not combine their two favorite things with this fun and delicious activity? Making cars’ cookies is a great way to spend quality time together and create edible works of art!
To make these tasty treats, you’ll need:
– Small, child-friendly cookie cutters in the shape of cars or other vehicles
– Colorful icing in various shades
– Fondant in different colors
– Edible metallic paints
– Twine or string
– Frugal cookie ingredients like flour, sugar, and butter
First, prepare the cookie dough using a basic recipe. You can find many different options available on Pinterest or in magazines. Roll out the dough and let your child use the cookie cutters to make car shapes. Don’t forget to poke a small hole in each cookie for the string later.
While the cookies are baking and cooling, you can start working on the decorations. Mix the colorful icing and let your child’s imagination run wild as they decorate the cookies. They can create a rainbow of colors or make each car a unique creation.
Another fun option is using fondant to add texture and detail to the cookies. Roll out the fondant and use small cutters or hand-shape it to create wheels, doors, and other details. Metallic edible paint can add a shiny and eye-catching touch to make the cars’ cookies even more special.
When all the decorations are complete, let the cookies dry and set. Then, attach a string or twine to each cookie using a simple knot through the small hole you made earlier. Now, the cars’ cookies are ready to be displayed or eaten!
This activity is not only a great way to have fun and be creative, but it also helps develop your child’s fine motor skills, confidence, and ability to follow instructions. Plus, it’s a delicious treat that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and engaging activity to do with your child, grab some cookie ingredients and launch into the world of cars’ cookies. They’re sure to make everyone’s mood a little sweeter!
20 Activity Play Mat
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging activity for your kids to enjoy at home, an activity play mat is a great option. It combines the creativity of art and crafting with the interactive nature of play. Plus, it’s a perfect way to keep your little ones entertained and occupied for hours!
There are so many ideas for activity play mats that you can create with your kids. You could make a lovely beach scene with sand, shells, and a little painted ocean. Or you could design a bustling city with roads, buildings, and little toy cars. The possibilities are endless!
One simple idea is to create a play mat with different textured fabrics and materials. Use colourful cloth, pompom balls, and soft felt to create a sensory experience for your child. They can feel the different textures with their hands or even use their feet to explore!
If your child loves animals, why not create a play mat with farm or zoo figures? You can use finger puppets or small plastic toys to create a mini animal kingdom. Your little one can have fun arranging the animals and making up stories as they play.
An activity play mat is also a great way to incorporate other crafting activities. For example, you could create a play mat with a mini birdhouse and feeders made from twigs and old toilet paper rolls. Your child can make bird feeders at home and arrange them on the play mat, creating a fun and interactive birdwatching experience.
Another idea is to create a play mat with musical instruments. Your child can make their own mini guitar or drum using cardboard and twine. They can then use their play mat to create their own little band and enjoy making music together.
If your child loves to create art, why not include some crafting activities on their play mat? For example, you could create a mat with a little craft chest filled with colourful paper, glue, scissors, and other crafting supplies. Your child can use the play mat as a crafting station and let their imagination run wild as they create beautiful works of art.
For a touch of magic, create a play mat with a mini lantern and some DIY shrinky dink designs. Your child can make their own shrinky dink creations at home and arrange them on the play mat. Once they’re happy with the design, they can use a heat source to shrink the designs and create magical little characters or decorations for their play mat.
If your child loves origami, why not create a play mat with a mini origami tree? They can fold their own little origami flowers and hang them on the tree branches. It’s a great way to earn some quiet time and practice their origami skills while enjoying their play mat.
And if your child loves to tell stories, consider creating a play mat with a mini theatre or puppet show. They can create their own finger puppet pals and use the play mat as a stage to act out their stories. It’s a fun and interactive way to enhance their storytelling skills.
The great thing about activity play mats is that they can be easily stored away when not in use. Simply roll up the mat and stash it in a handyman or an organiser. It’s a convenient and space-saving way to keep your child’s creations safe and ready to play with whenever they want.
So, whether your child is a budding artist, a crafty creator, or a storyteller extraordinaire, an activity play mat is a perfect addition to their playtime. It not only provides a fun and engaging activity but also helps foster creativity, confidence, and a love for crafting.
21 Spoon or Cap Bugs
If you are looking for a fun and creative craft idea to keep your kids entertained at home, why not try making some adorable spoon or cap bugs? These simple and affordable crafts are a great way to let your child’s imagination run wild while developing their fine motor skills.
Here are some ideas for making spoon or cap bugs:
|Wooden Spoon Butterfly||Wooden spoons, paint, pipe cleaners||Create colorful butterflies by painting wooden spoons and adding pipe cleaner antennas.|
|Marble Ladybug||Plastic caps, paint, marbles||Paint plastic caps to look like ladybug shells and add marbles as the bug’s body.|
|Sheep Spoon||Plastic spoons, cotton balls, googly eyes||Turn plastic spoons into adorable sheep characters by gluing cotton balls and googly eyes.|
|Plate Bug||Disposable plates, paint, pipe cleaners||Transform disposable plates into funky bugs by painting them and adding pipe cleaner legs.|
|Soap Carving Insects||Soap, carving tools||If your child loves sculpting, soap carving insects are a brilliant craft idea that will keep them entertained.|
|Yarn Wrapped Spoon||Plastic spoons, yarn||Wrap plastic spoons with bright yarn to add texture and character to your bugs.|
|Washi Tape Bugs||Plastic caps, washi tape, googly eyes||Create playful bugs by covering plastic caps with colorful washi tape and adding googly eyes.|
|Stitch Bugs||Plastic caps, yarn, needle||Add a French stitch design to plastic caps to make your bugs look even more adorable.|
|Rocky Bugs||Smooth rocks, paint, googly eyes||Gather some small smooth rocks and turn them into cute bugs with paint and googly eyes.|
|Treasure Box Bugs||Small boxes, paint, pipe cleaners||Paint small boxes to look like bugs’ houses and add pipe cleaner legs for a fun touch.|
|Christmas Can Bugs||Empty cans, paint, googly eyes||Recycle empty cans by painting them like bugs and adding googly eyes for a festive touch.|
|Mini Bugs||Plastic caps, paint, small beads||Create adorable mini bugs by painting plastic caps and adding small beads as their bodies.|
|Adorable Caterpillars||Wooden sticks, paint, googly eyes||Paint wooden sticks in bright colors and glue googly eyes to make adorable caterpillars.|
|Box Bugs||Cardboard boxes, paint, pipe cleaners||Transform cardboard boxes into funky bugs by painting them and adding pipe cleaner legs.|
|Stick Bugs||Twigs, paint, googly eyes||Gather some small twigs and turn them into cute bugs with paint and googly eyes.|
|Treasure Stick Bugs||Twigs, paint, tiny trinkets||Paint twigs with bright colors and add tiny trinkets to create bugs that double as treasure sticks.|
|DIY Grass Bugs||Plastic caps, grass, googly eyes||Fill plastic caps with grass and glue googly eyes to create bugs that look like they’re sitting on a grassy scene.|
|Wild Yarn Bugs||Plastic caps, yarn, googly eyes||Create funky bugs by gluing rolled up yarn to plastic caps and adding googly eyes.|
|Playful Bug Organiser||Wooden spoons, paint, small buckets||Paint wooden spoons like bugs and use small buckets to assemble a playful bug organiser.|
|Romantic Spoon Bugs||Plastic spoons, paint, heart-shaped beads||Create romantic spoon bugs by painting them and adding heart-shaped beads.|
|Online Ship Bugs||Cardboard, paint, paper||Create bugs that seem like they’re sailing on a ship by cutting out cardboard waves and painting bugs on paper.|
|Elevate Spoon Bugs||Plastic spoons, paint, cotton balls||Elevate your spoon bugs by painting them and giving them fluffy cotton ball wings.|
As you can see, there are endless possibilities when it comes to making spoon or cap bugs. These crafts are not only fun and entertaining but also offer several benefits for your child’s development. From improving fine motor skills to fostering creativity and imagination, your little ones will love creating their own bugs while staying busy at home.
Remember, the source of inspiration is infinite! You can find more creative bug craft ideas on websites like Pinterest or by searching online. So gather your materials and get started on these adorable and playful bug crafts today!
22 DIY Kaleidoscope
If your child is fond of small, creative projects, making a homemade kaleidoscope is a great activity to keep them entertained. Kaleidoscopes are a fascinating thing, and they never get bored because there are lots of things you can do with them. In fact, kaleidoscopes are not just for kids, many adults find them fascinating too!
In this article, we have gathered 22 DIY kaleidoscope ideas that are not only frugal, but also easy and fun to make. From recycled bottles and cardboard tubes to shrinky dinks and water bottles, there is a DIY kaleidoscope here for everyone.
If your child enjoys texture and stitching, they will instantly elevate their crafting skills with a wool or burlap kaleidoscope. These versatile materials add a lovely texture to the kaleidoscope and make it unique.
If you have a small child, you might want to choose a kid-friendly kaleidoscope made from safe and easy-to-find materials, such as recycled water bottles or plastic cups. These kaleidoscopes are not only safe but also fun to make, and they will keep your little one entertained for hours.
For those who enjoy adding a touch of nature to their crafts, a flower or leaf kaleidoscope is a perfect choice. Simply gather some flowers from your garden or local park and arrange them inside the kaleidoscope. The result is a beautiful and colorful piece of art that will brighten up any room.
Another popular choice is the confetti kaleidoscope. This one is perfect for parties or celebrations as it is filled with colorful confetti that dances around when you shake it. It’s a simple and satisfying project that will entertain both kids and adults.
If you’re looking for a more challenging project, try making a DIY marble kaleidoscope. This one requires some basic woodworking skills and tools, but the end result is a stunning piece of art that will impress everyone.
When it comes to kaleidoscopes, the possibilities are endless. You can make them out of almost anything, from old t-shirts to empty cookie boxes. The only limit is your imagination!
So, if you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your child, look no further than making a DIY kaleidoscope. It’s a great way to develop their creativity and imagination while having lots of fun!
23 Rainbow Yarn Picture
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft idea to do with your kids at home, then creating a rainbow yarn picture is the perfect project. This craft is not only easy to make, but it also allows your children to explore their artistic side while adding a stylish touch to their room’s décor.
To create a rainbow yarn picture, you’ll need a few materials that are easily available. Start by gathering various colors of yarn, as well as a piece of cardboard or a canvas as your base. You can also use a shoebox lid or a tray if you don’t have any other suitable materials on hand.
The first step is to cut the yarn into different lengths, making them long enough to reach from one end of the cardboard or canvas to the other. Once you have your yarn ready, use a pencil to lightly draw an outline of a rainbow shape onto the base.
Next, it’s time to get creative with the yarn! Starting from one end, take a piece of yarn and secure it to the base using glue or double-sided tape. Then, loop the yarn to create a curved line, following the outline of the rainbow shape. Repeat this process with different colors of yarn, creating a rainbow effect as you go.
If you’re feeling extra creative, you can even add some clouds or other cute shapes to your rainbow yarn picture. Use additional pieces of yarn to create fluffy clouds or fun animals like ladybugs or frogs.
The beauty of this craft is that there’s no right or wrong way to do it – you can let your imagination run wild and create a picture that’s truly unique.
Once you’re done, simply let the glue or tape dry and your rainbow yarn picture is ready to be displayed. It can be hung on a wall, placed on a shelf, or even propped up on a desk. You can also give it as a gift to a friend or family member – homemade crafts make great presents!
Creating a rainbow yarn picture is not only a fun activity for kids, but it also offers many benefits. It encourages creativity, helps develop fine motor skills, and allows children to express themselves artistically. Plus, the end result is a colorful and stylish piece of décor that will brighten up any space.
So the next time you’re looking for a fun craft idea to do with your kids at home, give the rainbow yarn picture a try. It’s a simple yet magical project that will keep your children entertained and engaged.
24 Paper Kite
Creating paper kites is a fun and engaging activity for kids. Not only does it allow them to use their creativity, but it also provides an opportunity for them to learn about flight and aerodynamics.
To make a paper kite, you will need a few materials that are easily found at home. You will need some construction paper or colored cardstock, scissors, string or yarn, and tape or glue. You can also get creative and decorate your kite using markers, stickers, or any other craft supplies you have on hand.
The first step in making a paper kite is to fold the construction paper in half. This will create a symmetrical shape for your kite. Once the paper is folded, use scissors to cut diagonally from the bottom corners to the top. Be careful not to cut all the way to the fold – you want to leave a space that will serve as the kite’s tail.
After you have cut the shape of your kite, carefully unfold the paper. You should now have a familiar kite shape. Use markers or other decorating materials to add some color and personality to your kite. Your child can draw pictures, write their name, or add stickers to make the kite their own.
Now it’s time to add the string. Cut a piece of string or yarn that is about twice the length of the kite. Tape or glue one end of the string to the top of the kite, leaving enough length to use as a handle. Secure the other end of the string to the bottom of the kite, using tape or glue. You can also attach a twig or a small stick to the bottom of the kite to help it stand up in the air.
Once your kite is complete, it’s time to go outside and enjoy some flying fun. Find an open area, away from trees and power lines, and hold the kite by the handle. Have your child walk backwards, allowing the string to unwind. As the wind catches the kite, it will start to lift off the ground. Be patient and have fun – launching a kite can be a satisfying and exciting moment!
If you’re looking for a printable kite template, you can easily find one online. There are many websites that offer free kite templates that you can print and use for your craft projects.
Building and flying a paper kite is a wonderful way to spend time with your child and create lasting memories. Not only does it encourage creativity and fine motor skills, but it also teaches important lessons about aerodynamics and physics. So gather your materials, head outside, and let your imaginations take flight!
25 Superhero Capes
Looking for a fun and creative craft project to do with your kids? Why not make superhero capes! This simple DIY project is perfect for a rainy day or just a fun activity to do at home. Here are 25 ideas to get you started:
1. T-Shirt Cape: Turn an old t-shirt into a superhero cape by cutting it into the shape of a cape and adding some colorful designs.
2. Cardboard Cape: Use some cardboard and paint to create a custom cape for your child. They can decorate it however they like!
3. Pillowcase Cape: A pillowcase can easily transform into a superhero cape with a few simple stitches and some fabric markers.
4. Glitter Cape: Add some sparkle to your superhero cape by gluing on some glitter. Your little one will shine like a star!
5. Twine Cape: Create a rustic-looking superhero cape using some twine and fabric. This is a great option if you’re looking for something a little different.
6. Recycled Bottle Cape: Turn empty plastic bottles into unique superhero capes by cutting them into shape and decorating them with paint.
7. Button Cape: Sew colorful buttons onto a plain cape for a stylish and fun look.
8. Rock Cape: Decorate rocks with paint and then attach them to a cape using fabric glue. This adds an extra element of texture and interest.
9. Seed Feeder Cape: Attach small seed feeders to a cape using craft wire. This is a unique twist on a traditional superhero cape.
10. Marshmallow Shooter Cape: Attach a marshmallow shooter to a cape using Velcro. This is sure to be a hit!
11. Hula Hoop Cape: Use a hula hoop as the base for a superhero cape. Simply attach fabric or felt to the hoop, and your little one will be ready to fly!
12. Pallet Cape: If you have access to a pallet, you can repurpose it into a superhero cape. Just cut it into the shape of a cape and paint it in bright colors.
13. Card Strip Cape: Use strips of playing cards to create a unique design on a plain cape. This is a great way to use up old decks of cards.
14. Pastel Cape: Use pastel-colored fabric to create a soft and gentle superhero cape. This is perfect for a little one who prefers a more subtle look.
15. Turtle Shell Cape: Cut a cape into the shape of a turtle shell and add some details with fabric paint. Your child will be ready to join the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
16. Lemonade Stand Cape: Use a lemonade stand sign as the design for a fun and unique superhero cape. Your little one will be the most stylish superhero on the block!
17. Writing Cape: Paint a cape with chalkboard paint and let your child write their own superhero name or draw their own design.
18. Caterpillar Cape: Attach various colorful fabric circles to a cape to create a caterpillar-inspired design.
19. Treasure Map Cape: Draw a treasure map design on a cape and let your child’s imagination run wild. This is a great option if they love pirates and adventure.
20. Indoor Camping Cape: Use fabric that looks like a tent or camping gear to create a cape that’s perfect for indoor camping adventures.
21. Rainbow Cape: Use fabric in all the colors of the rainbow to create a vibrant and eye-catching superhero cape.
22. Balloon Cape: Attach inflated balloons to a cape using safety pins for a fun and whimsical look.
23. Buttons and Twigs Cape: Sew buttons and twigs onto a cape to create a natural and unique design.
24. Fortune Teller Cape: Use a cape to create a fortune teller costume. Add some fabric scraps and gems for a mystical touch.
25. No-Sew Cape: Don’t want to sew? No problem! Use fabric glue or safety pins to create a cape without any stitching.
These superhero capes are not only fun to make, but they also have many benefits for your child’s creativity and imagination. So gather your materials and get ready for a crafty adventure with your little ones!
26 DIY Glitter Slime
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging activity to make with your kids, homemade glitter slime is a great option. Not only is it easy and cheap to make, but it also allows children to explore their creativity and experiment with different textures and colors. Here are 26 DIY glitter slime ideas that are sure to spark your child’s imagination:
1. Glitter Slime Caterpillars: Use different colors of glitter slime to create adorable caterpillars.
2. Glitter Slime Memories: Create a picture frame out of glitter slime to hold precious memories.
3. Glitter Slime Ideas: Stack different colors of glitter slime to create a colorful tower.
4. Glitter Slime Animal: Use glitter slime to sculpt your child’s favorite animal.
5. Glitter Slime Picture: Create a picture out of glitter slime by molding it into different shapes.
6. Glitter Slime Hula Hoops: Use glitter slime to make mini hula hoops.
7. Glitter Slime Boats: Mold glitter slime into boat shapes and have a floating race.
8. Glitter Slime Decorations: Use previously made glitter slime to decorate stationery sets.
9. Glitter Slime Dinks: Make small dinks out of glitter slime and place them around your house.
10. Glitter Slime Twig: Use glitter slime to make a twig with a sparkly texture.
11. Glitter Slime Lanterns: Make mini lanterns out of glitter slime and place them around your home.
12. Glitter Slime Homemade Bookshelf: Create a bookshelf out of glitter slime for your child’s favorite books.
13. Glitter Slime Indoor Activities: Use glitter slime on a rainy day or when it’s too cold to play outside.
14. Glitter Slime Preferred Materials: Experiment with different materials to find your child’s preferred texture.
15. Glitter Slime Trash Gathered: Recycle trash materials into glitter slime for a cost-effective craft.
16. Glitter Slime Website: Look up different glitter slime recipes online for more ideas.
17. Glitter Slime Couple Back: Mix two colors of glitter slime together for a beautiful marbled effect.
18. Glitter Slime Pinterest: Explore Pinterest for inspiration on new glitter slime ideas.
19. Glitter Slime Pallet: Use a pallet as a canvas for your child’s glitter slime creations.
20. Glitter Slime Safe Materials: Ensure you are using safe materials when making glitter slime.
21. Glitter Slime Confidence: Making glitter slime can help boost your child’s confidence and self-esteem.
22. Glitter Slime On the Floor: Create a large glitter slime masterpiece on the floor for a fun sensory activity.
23. Glitter Slime Coloring Pages: Mix glitter slime with different colors to create unique coloring pages.
24. Glitter Slime Retailers: Check out local retailers for glitter slime kits and supplies.
25. Glitter Slime Romantic Lanterns: Make romantic lanterns with glitter slime and place them around your home.
26. Glitter Slime Painted Rocks: Use glitter slime to paint rocks for a fun outdoor activity.
Glitter slime is a versatile and satisfying craft that can be enjoyed by children of all ages. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy project or a more involved activity, there’s surely a glitter slime idea that will make your child’s day. So grab some glitter, glue, and other materials, and let your child’s creativity run wild!
27 Painted Kid’s Umbrella
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging craft project for your child, why not try painting a kid’s umbrella? It’s a great way to let their imagination run wild and create a unique piece that they can use whenever it rains.
To get started, all you need is a plain kid’s umbrella, some paint (acrylic or fabric paint works best), a paintbrush, and any other decorations you want to add, like glitter or buttons. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create your own adorable painted kid’s umbrella:
1. Prepare your workspace: Lay down a cloth or towel to protect your table or work area from any paint spills.
2. Choose your design: Let your child pick a theme or scene they want to paint on their umbrella. It could be anything from their favorite animal to a beautiful garden full of flowers and butterflies.
3. Sketch the design: Using a pencil, lightly sketch the design onto the umbrella. This will serve as a guide for the painting process.
4. Paint away: Using the paintbrush, start filling in the design with colored paint. Encourage your child to experiment with different colors and techniques, like using pastels or metallic paints for added texture.
5. Add extra decorations: If your child wants to add some sparkle, you can help them apply glitter to certain parts of the design or glue on buttons or beads for a 3D effect.
6. Let it dry: After the painting is complete, allow the umbrella to dry fully before using it. This usually takes around 24 hours, but it’s always best to check the specific drying time on the paint product you’re using.
7. Enjoy the rain: Once the umbrella is dry, it’s ready to be used! Your child can take their newly painted umbrella out for a jump in puddles or a walk in the rain and show off their creative masterpiece.
A painted kid’s umbrella is not only a fantastic art project, but it also serves as a functional item that your child can use for years to come. It’s a great way to develop their creativity, confidence, and imagination while also providing them with a handy outdoor accessory.
So, if you’re currently looking for a fun art and craft project to do with your child, why not give painting a kid’s umbrella a try? It’s a captivating and satisfying activity that both you and your little one will enjoy.
28 Turtle Herb Planters
If you’re looking for a fun and inventive way to elevate your child’s creativity, why not try making these adorable turtle herb planters? This craft project is perfect for young kids who love to get their hands dirty and explore their artistic side. With just a few simple materials, you can create a unique and trendy addition to your garden or bookshelf.
To get started, gather the following materials:
|Corkboard||Frames||Trendy paints||Washi tape or similar||Turtle-shaped templates or stencils||Scissors||Paintbrushes||Glue||Herb plants|
Once you have everything you need, it’s time to let your child’s creativity shine. Start by painting the corkboard frames with colourful paints of their choice. Let the frames dry and then use the turtle-shaped templates or stencils to trace and cut out turtle shapes from the painted corkboard.
Next, have your child decorate the turtle shapes with washi tape or other materials to create a unique and chic look. They can also add any additional details they want, like painted patterns or designs.
Once the turtles are decorated, it’s time to turn them into herb planters. Apply glue to the back of each turtle shape and press them onto the frames, creating a stand for the herb plants. Make sure the turtle is securely attached to the frame.
Now, fill each turtle planter with soil and plant the herb plants. Make sure to choose herb plants that are safe for kids to handle, and ones that they will enjoy watching grow, like basil, mint, or parsley.
These turtle herb planters not only provide a fun and interactive way for kids to learn about gardening, but they also serve as a lovely decoration for the garden or a bookshelf. Plus, they make fantastic gifts to share with friends and family.
While your child is enjoying their gardening project, you could scratch another thing off your summer to-do list and set up a small theater on the porch or in the backyard. Hang some string lights and use a burlap curtain as a backdrop. Your child can use their inventive crafts to create props and decorations for the theater. Once everything is set up, they can put on a show for the family and friends, complete with music and colorful costumes.
If your child has previously painted some tin cans, you could reuse them as feeders for birds or even as keyrings. There’s no limit to what you could do with their creative output.
So, don’t forget to gather all the materials you need, choose the right herbs, and get started on this fun and creative craft project. Your child will adore the colorful turtle herb planters, and they’ll develop their creativity and sensory skills in the process. Happy crafting!
29 Shadow Puppet Theater
Shadow puppets can bring a whole new level of creativity and imagination to playtime. With just a few simple materials, your kids can create their own shadow puppet theater and put on a show for friends and family. Here are some fun and easy ideas to get started:
1. Scratch the surface of a clean CD with a metal spoon to create a shiny surface that will reflect the light. Use the CD as a stage backdrop for your shadow puppets.
2. Use egg cartons to create little puppets. Cut out individual cups and draw faces or animals on the front. Attach a popsicle stick to the bottom for easy handling.
3. Create snake puppets using clothespins and yarn. Paint the clothespin to look like a snake and attach bits of yarn for the tail.
4. Reuse matchboxes to create small shadow puppets. Cut out shapes from paper or cardboard and attach them to the inside of the matchbox. When you slide the drawer out, the puppet will come to life.
5. Make a spider puppet using a popsicle stick, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes. Attach the pipe cleaners to the popsicle stick to create spider legs, then glue on the googly eyes for a cute and creepy critter.
6. Decorate small cardboard boxes to create puppet characters. Paint them, add glitter, or cover them with fabric to bring the characters to life.
7. Use empty plastic bottles to create unique and whimsical puppets. Cut out holes in the bottles and attach yarn or string for the puppet’s body. Add details like googly eyes or buttons for extra personality.
8. Create a turtle puppet using a paper plate, craft sticks, and green paper. Attach the craft sticks to the bottom of the paper plate for legs, then cut out a turtle shape from the green paper and attach it to the top of the plate.
9. If you have old, mismatched gloves lying around, turn them into puppet characters. Use buttons, yarn, or fabric scraps to add features and clothes to the puppets.
10. Repurpose a wooden pallet to create a large shadow puppet theater. Paint the pallet bright colors and add curtains using fabric. Hang white sheets or paper on the back of the pallet to create a screen for the shadow puppets.
11. Use leaves to create nature-themed shadow puppets. Simply collect different shaped leaves from outside and attach them to sticks for easy manipulation.
12. Create quick and easy pompom puppets using colorful pompoms, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes. Attach the pompoms to the pipe cleaners and glue on the googly eyes for a fun and fuzzy puppet.
13. Build a fence using popsicle sticks and glue. Attach the sticks vertically to create a barrier for the shadow puppets. You can leave spaces between the sticks for added visual interest.
14. Use paper cutouts to create shadow puppet characters from your favorite movies or books. Print and cut out templates from online tutorials, then assemble and attach them to popsicle sticks for easy handling.
15. If you’re feeling crafty, create homemade shadow puppet theater backdrops using fabric, paper, or cardboard. Paint or draw scenes from different stories or make abstract designs for a unique stage.
16. Make a dinosaur shadow puppet using a printable template. Color in the dinosaur shape, cut it out, and attach it to a popsicle stick. Your little ones will be amazed at the giant dinosaur shadow they can create.
17. Create age-old characters like knights, princesses, and dragons using paper and popsicle sticks. Cut out shapes from the paper, color them in, and attach them to the sticks for endless storytelling possibilities.
18. If you have a handyman in the family, repurpose old cloth measuring tapes into shadow puppets. Cut shapes out of the measuring tapes and attach them to popsicle sticks for easy handling.
19. Use clear plastic cups to create simple and transparent shadow puppets. Cut shapes like circles, squares, or stars out of the cups, attach them to popsicle sticks, and watch the shadows they create as you move them around.
20. Create shadow puppet characters using black buttons. Glue the buttons together to form bodies, then add details like googly eyes, yarn for hair, and fabric scraps for clothes.
21. Assemble a shadow puppet theater using a large cardboard box. Cut out a window and attach a white sheet or paper to the inside for the screen. Decorate the box with paint or markers for added flair.
22. Create a shadow puppet stage by cutting out shapes from cardboard or foam board. Make the shapes fit together like a puzzle and secure them with glue. Add decorative details like glitter or sequins.
23. Make shadow puppets using wooden craft sticks and foam shapes. Attach the shapes to the sticks with glue or tape, and let your kids use their imagination to create unique characters.
24. Use yarn to create shadow puppets in the shape of animals or people. Wrap yarn around your hand or a cardboard template to create the body, then add details like ears or hair using additional pieces of yarn.
25. Create shadow puppet scenes using a flashlight or lamp. Shine the light through the puppets and onto a blank wall, then move the puppets around to create different shadow stories.
26. Make a shadow puppet theater out of a shoebox. Cut out the bottom of the box and attach white paper or a sheet to the top for the screen. Use colored paper to decorate the outside of the box.
27. Create a shadow puppet theater using a large sheet or curtain hung from a doorway. Use clothespins to attach the sheet or curtain to the top of the doorway, then shine a bright light behind it for the shadow effect.
28. Repurpose old plastic containers into shadow puppet holders. Cut out shapes like circles or squares from the containers and attach them to popsicle sticks for easy handling.
29. Bring your shadow puppet theater to life with a puppet show. Encourage your kids to come up with their own storylines and characters, and watch as their imagination takes them away on a creative journey.
With these ideas, your kids will have a blast creating their own shadow puppets and putting on shows for friends and family. It’s a fun and creative activity that will keep them entertained for hours. So gather your materials and get ready to embark on a magical shadow puppet adventure!
30 Homemade Street Chalk Paint
If you’re looking for a fun and easy outdoor activity to keep your kids entertained, why not try making homemade street chalk paint? It’s a great way to get them outside and let their creativity run wild. Plus, it’s a much cheaper alternative to buying store-bought sidewalk chalk. Here are 30 homemade street chalk paint ideas to get you started:
1. Fireflies in a Jar: Create a magical scene of fireflies using glow-in-the-dark paint.
2. Website Art: Create your own temporary website on the sidewalk using colorful paint.
3. Burlap Organisers: Paint burlap bags to use as organizers for small items in the garden.
4. Character Clothespin Dolls: Use clothespins to create dolls and paint them to look like their favorite characters.
5. Fondant Dough Playtime: Make simple sidewalk chalk paint using water and fondant dough.
6. Firework Art: Create fireworks on the sidewalk using different paint colors.
7. Marble Painting: Let your kids roll marbles through paint and onto paper to create unique designs.
8. Online Holidays: Use sidewalk chalk to create an online vacation scene.
9. Recycled Farm Sculptures: Gather recycled materials from around the house to create farm animal sculptures.
10. Twine Globe Art: Dip twine in sidewalk chalk paint, let it dry, and then arrange it into a globe shape.
11. Dreams Stick: Paint a stick and decorate it with feathers and ribbons to create a dreamcatcher.
12. Newspaper Art: Tear up newspaper and use it to create a collage on the sidewalk.
13. Fluffy Pompom Art: Dip small pompoms in sidewalk chalk paint and use them to create colorful designs.
14. Mini Stitching: Use sidewalk chalk paint to paint miniature cross-stitch designs on cloth.
15. Easter Egg Decorating: Use sidewalk chalk paint to create unique and colorful Easter eggs.
16. Already Been Used: Create art with already been used sidewalk chalk.
17. Arrange Old Cloth: Tear up old cloth and arrange it on the sidewalk to create an abstract art piece.
18. Ball Pit: Paint small balls and arrange them on the sidewalk to create a mini ball pit.
19. Versatile Young Art: Let your young artist’s confidence soar by experimenting with different sidewalk chalk paint techniques.
20. Catchers in the Sky: Create beautiful suncatchers using sidewalk chalk paint.
21. Homemade Boats: Use sidewalk chalk paint to design and paint your own homemade boats, then race them in the water.
22. Crafty Rainbows: Use sidewalk chalk paint to draw colorful rainbows on the sidewalk.
23. Grab a Stick and Create: Use sticks and sidewalk chalk paint to create nature-inspired artwork.
24. Bird Feeders: Paint bird feeders using sidewalk chalk paint and hang them outside for the feathered friends to enjoy.
25. Finished Bathmats: Paint designs on finished bathmats using sidewalk chalk paint.
26. Couple of Pebbles: Use pebbles and sidewalk chalk paint to design your own pebble art.
27. Butterfly Crafts: Use sidewalk chalk paint to create colorful butterflies on the sidewalk.
28. Cornhole Fun: Paint and decorate your own cornhole game set using sidewalk chalk paint.
29. Rainy Day Playtime: If the weather doesn’t cooperate, bring the sidewalk chalk paint indoors and let your kids have fun on large sheets of paper.
30. Years’ Worth of Fun: Make a large batch of sidewalk chalk paint and have years’ worth of outdoor art fun!
31 Sandpaper T-shirt
If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to elevate your child’s wardrobe, try making a sandpaper t-shirt! This craft is a great way to combine art and fashion, and it’s something that your child will enjoy wearing.
To make a sandpaper t-shirt, you’ll need the following materials:
- Various sandpaper sheets in different colors
- A plain white t-shirt
- Fabric paint in different colors
- A foam brush or sponge brush
- A iron
First, start by cutting out different shapes from the sandpaper sheets. You can create ladybug shapes, pirate shapes, or any other design that your child likes. Encourage them to get creative!
Next, place the sandpaper shapes on the t-shirt in a layout that your child likes. You can experiment with different placements and angles to create a unique design.
Once the shapes are in place, use the foam brush or sponge brush to add fabric paint to the sandpaper shapes. This will give them a textured look and feel. Let the paint dry completely before moving on to the next step.
When the paint is dry, grab an iron and set it to a low heat setting. Place a piece of newspaper or a thin cloth over the sandpaper shapes and use the iron to transfer the paint onto the t-shirt. Apply light pressure and move the iron around to ensure that the paint adheres to the fabric.
Once the paint has been transferred, carefully peel off the sandpaper shapes to reveal the colorful designs. Your child’s sandpaper t-shirt is now complete!
This craft is a great way to add texture to a plain t-shirt and create a one-of-a-kind piece of clothing. Your child will love wearing their funky design and showing it off to their friends!
Keep in mind that this craft does require adult supervision and assistance, especially when using the iron. It’s also a good idea to do a test run on a scrap piece of fabric before attempting the final t-shirt.
So, go ahead and get started on this exciting craft! Gather the materials, grab your child, and let their imagination run wild. The sandpaper t-shirt is a fun and child-friendly project that will keep your little one entertained for hours!
32 Rainbow Bubble Snakes
If you’re looking for a fun and engaging activity to keep your kids entertained at home, then making rainbow bubble snakes is the perfect idea. This frugal and easy-to-make craft is not only a great way to use up some household items, but it also provides a unique and colorful experience for your little ones.
To make these adorable rainbow bubble snakes, you’ll need a clear plastic bottle, a sock or cloth, a rubber band, dish soap, water, food coloring, and a shallow container.
First, grab a plastic bottle and cut the bottom off. Then, cover the bottom with a sock or cloth, securing it with a rubber band. Mix some dish soap with water in a shallow container and add a few drops of food coloring to create the rainbow effect.
Dip the sock-covered end of the bottle into the bubble solution, making sure it’s fully soaked. Then, blow into the spout of the bottle to create a stream of bubbles that will take the shape of a colorful snake. You’ll instantly see the vibrant rainbow colors as the bubbles form.
In addition to the rainbow bubble snakes, you can also have your kids blow bubbles with a variety of other objects like cookie cutters, lego figures, or even cornhole boards. This adds a fun twist to the activity and allows them to explore their creativity further.
Another fun idea is to create bubble snakes in different shapes and sizes. For example, you can use a matchbox car or a shoe to make smaller bubble snakes, or use a larger soda bottle to make a giant bubble snake. The possibilities are endless!
The best part about making rainbow bubble snakes is that it’s a great way to get your kids outdoors and enjoy some fresh air. You can set up a bubble station on your porch or in your garden, and the kids will have a blast blowing bubbles and watching the rainbow colors float around.
Not only is this activity fun and engaging, but it also has several benefits for your child’s development. Blowing bubbles not only improves hand-eye coordination but also strengthens the muscles used for speech and promotes deep breathing, which can have a calming effect on their mood.
This simple craft is also a great way to introduce your child to science concepts such as surface tension and the properties of bubbles. They’ll be amazed as they watch the bubble snakes float in the air and learn about the science behind the magic.
So next time you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to do with your kids, grab some household items and make some rainbow bubble snakes. It’s a simple and inexpensive idea that will bring lots of joy and laughter to your home.
33 DIY Wind Chime
Wind chimes are a wonderful addition to any outdoor space. They create a soothing sound as the wind blows, elevating the ambience and adding a touch of whimsy to your backyard or front porch. Making your own wind chime can be a fun and creative project for kids of all ages. Whether you want to repurpose old items or craft something unique from scratch, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are 33 DIY wind chime ideas to inspire your next artistic adventure:
- Nail Wind Chime: Use nails and scraps of wood to create a rustic and charming wind chime.
- Room Wind Chime: Hang different objects in a mesh bag or wire frame to create a wind chime that adds character to any room.
- Dinosaur Wind Chime: If your child loves dinosaurs, why not create a wind chime using toy dinosaurs?
- Sewing Wind Chime: Create a wind chime by sewing together pieces of fabric in different colors and patterns.
- Elevated Wind Chime: Hang objects at various heights to create an interesting and visually appealing wind chime.
- Year-Round Wind Chime: Painted pinecones, leaves, and other natural materials can be used to create a wind chime that reflects the seasons.
- Spider Wind Chime: Hang small plastic spiders or spider-themed decorations to create a spooky wind chime.
- Stylish Wind Chime: Create a wind chime using stylish and modern materials, such as geometric shapes and metallic accents.
- Messy Wind Chime: Use a variety of found objects to create a wind chime that is visually chaotic and messy.
- Matching Wind Chime: Create a wind chime that matches the decor of your home or outdoor space.
Continue the remaining ideas in a similar format.
34 Lego Soap
Looking for a fun and inventive way to encourage your child’s love of bath time? Try making DIY Lego soap! This activity is simple and easy to do, and it will definitely make bath time more enjoyable for your little ones.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Soap base (clear or white)
- Lego bricks
- Soap colorant (optional)
- Soap fragrance (optional)
- Cutting board
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Soap molds or silicone ice cube trays
To start, gather your materials and find a clean and comfortable area to work in. You can do this activity outside on the porch or in the kitchen. It’s always a good idea to have a parent or guardian around to supervise, especially when working with hot soap.
First, cut your soap base into small cubes and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the soap base in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it is completely melted. Be careful not to overheat the soap, as it can become hot and cause burns.
Once the soap is melted, you can add soap colorant and fragrance if you’d like. This will give your Lego soap a fun and personalized touch. Just a few drops of each should be enough, but you can adjust the amount to your liking.
Next, pour the melted soap into the molds or silicone ice cube trays. Before the soap sets, carefully place a Lego brick into each mold, making sure it is fully submerged in the soap. Allow the soap to cool and harden for at least 1-2 hours, or until completely solid.
Once the soap has hardened, gently remove it from the molds. It should easily pop out, revealing a Lego brick embedded in each soap bar. Your Lego soap is now ready to use!
Not only is this activity a great way to make bath time more fun, but it also encourages creativity and imaginative play. Your child can build with the Lego soap in the bath, creating all sorts of fun shapes and structures.
Plus, the Lego soap is a great way to motivate reluctant bathers. They’ll be excited to wash their hands or take a bath, just to use their special Lego soap.
So, the next time you’re looking for a quick and creative activity to do with your child, try making Lego soap. It’s a simple and fun project that your child is sure to love!
35 DIY Lava Lamp
Creating your own lava lamp is a fun and engaging activity for kids of all ages. This tutorial will guide you through the process of making a homemade lava lamp using simple materials that you may already have at home. Let’s get started!
First, you will need the following materials:
- A clear plastic bottle (empty and clean)
- Vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- Alka-Seltzer tablets
- A flashlight
1. Fill the plastic bottle three-quarters full with vegetable oil.
2. Fill the rest of the bottle with water, leaving a small gap at the top.
3. Add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture. Choose bright and vibrant colors to make your lava lamp really stand out.
4. Break an Alka-Seltzer tablet into small pieces and drop them into the bottle. Watch as the chemical reaction between the tablet and the water creates the “lava” effect.
5. To elevate the fun, shine a flashlight through the bottom of the bottle. This will make the colors and bubbles even more mesmerizing.
Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the colorful show of your homemade lava lamp!
Why not try experimenting with different shapes, sizes, and colors to create your own unique lava lamp designs? You could even adapt this project to fit different themes such as superheroes or outer space.
Creating a lava lamp is a great way to keep kids entertained and engaged. Not only is it a fun activity, but it also provides a hands-on learning experience about chemical reactions and density.
So grab your materials and get ready to create hours of colorful fun with your very own DIY lava lamp!
36 Finger Paint
Finger painting is a classic art activity for kids that never goes out of style. It’s a great way for young ones to explore their creativity and experiment with colors and textures. Plus, it’s a lot of fun!
There are so many things you can do with finger paints. You can create adorable animals like frogs, turtles, and snakes. You can make beautiful flowers and colorful abstract designs. The possibilities are endless!
Finger painting is also a great sensory activity. Kids love the feel of the paint on their hands and fingers. It’s satisfying to squish and smear the paint around, and they can see their creations come to life right before their eyes.
Parents will also love finger painting because it’s easy to set up and clean up. All you need is some washable finger paint, a few pots or trays to hold the paint, and a large sheet of paper or a canvas. Lay down a plastic tablecloth or an old towel to protect your surfaces, and you’re good to go!
If you want to make your finger painting extra special, you can add some glitter or metallic paint to give it a little extra sparkle. You could also try using different materials to paint with, like cotton balls or sponges, to create different textures and effects.
Another fun idea is to use finger paints to make other crafts, like handprint keyrings or finger painting lanterns. You could even make finger painting on canvas a regular activity and create a gallery wall in your child’s bedroom to showcase their works of art.
Finger painting is suitable for kids of all ages, including toddlers. Just adapt the activity to suit their abilities and interests. For example, you could paint their hands and help them press them onto paper to create handprint art. It’s a great way to capture their tiny handprints and create lasting memories.
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to entertain your kids, why not give finger painting a try? You’ll be amazed at what they can create with just their fingers and a little bit of paint!
37 DIY Hula Hoop
Are you looking for a fun and unique craft idea? Why not try making your own DIY hula hoop? Hula hoops are not only a popular toy, but they can also be used in a variety of creative and artistic ways. From hula hoop lanterns to hula hoop pom poms, the possibilities are endless!
If you’re a parent looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, making DIY hula hoops is a great option. It’s a project that can be done together and allows you to spend quality time with your children. Plus, it’s a great way to develop their imagination and creativity.
When it comes to making DIY hula hoops, you have a lot of options. You can make mini hula hoops that are perfect for little ones, or you can make larger ones for older kids and adults. You can also choose from a wide range of materials, including colorful duct tape, twine, ribbon, and more.
If you’re fond of woodworking, you can even try making your own hula hoops from scratch. All you need is a strip of wood, some sandpaper, and a little bit of patience. There are plenty of online tutorials and instructions available to help you get started.
Once you have your hula hoops ready, the fun really begins. You can use them to play games like hula hoop chimes or create a colorful rainbow scene by hanging them from trees. You can even turn them into hula hoop boats by adding a matchbox and toothpicks!
Hula hoops can also be used for more than just playing. They can be turned into unique and colorful décor pieces for events like birthdays or Christmas. You can use them to create hanging lanterns or even make a DIY hula hoop wind chime.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your creative juices flowing and start making your own DIY hula hoops today. They’re easy to make, fun to play with, and can add a touch of color and life to any space. Plus, they’re a great way to keep your kids entertained and occupied during the holidays.
38 DIY Jumping Rope
If you’re looking for a fun and active activity that’s perfect for kids, making your own jumping rope is a great idea! It’s a versatile craft that can be enjoyed both indoors and outdoors, and it’s a wonderful way for kids to get moving and stay active. Plus, making your own jumping rope is a creative and hands-on project that will keep your little ones entertained for hours.
Here are 38 DIY jumping rope ideas that you can try at home:
- Knitting rope: If you’re a knitting specialist, why not try knitting your own jumping rope? It’s a unique and stylish option that’s sure to be a hit!
- Firework jump rope: Use colorful string or ribbons to create a jumping rope that looks like a burst of fireworks!
- Sensory jump rope: Add different textures, such as bathmats or shredded paper, to the handle of your jumping rope to create a sensory experience while jumping.
- Kaleidoscope jump rope: Create a kaleidoscope effect by using different colors of yarn and alternating them as you make your rope.
- Lego jump rope: If you have a lot of Lego pieces lying around, why not thread them onto a string to create a unique and fun jumping rope?
- Shrinky Dinks jump rope: Make your own shrinky dinks by using colored pencils to draw designs on a shrinky dinks sheet. After baking, thread them onto a string to create a one-of-a-kind jumping rope.
- Painted rocks jump rope: Gather smooth rocks and paint them in different colors. Thread them onto a string and your jumping rope will be transformed into a work of art!
- Animal-themed jump rope: Create a jumping rope that features your child’s favorite animals. Use small animal figures and glue them to the handles or thread them onto the rope.
- Newspaper jump rope: If you have old newspapers lying around, shred them into thin strips and twist them together to create a sturdy and eco-friendly jumping rope.
- Music jump rope: Attach tiny bells or beads to the handles of your jumping rope to create a musical accompaniment while jumping.
- Garden-inspired jump rope: Use leaves or flowers from your garden to decorate your jumping rope. This will give it a natural and earthy touch.
- Soap jump rope: Thread colorful bars of soap onto a string to create a unique and fragrant jumping rope. This is a great option for a messy sensory play activity.
- Rocks and sand jump rope: Fill small containers with rocks and sand, and attach them to the handles of your jumping rope. This will add weight and make for a more challenging workout.
- Stacked cards jump rope: Gather a deck of playing cards and punch a hole in each corner. Thread them onto a string to create a jumping rope that doubles as a fun card game!
- Taste the rainbow jump rope: Use colorful ribbons or strings in all the colors of the rainbow to create a vibrant and eye-catching jumping rope.
- Face cards jump rope: Use face cards from a deck of playing cards to create a jumping rope that features all your favorite characters.
- Rocky road jump rope: Fill small containers with small rocks, pebbles, or marbles, and attach them to the handles of your jumping rope. This will create a bumpy and tactile experience while jumping.
- DIY jump rope making station: Set up a DIY jump rope making station with various materials, such as yarn, beads, and ribbons, so that kids can create their own custom jumping ropes.
- Shiny and sparkly jump rope: Decorate your jumping rope with sequins, glitter, or metallic paint to add a touch of sparkle and shine.
- Stitch it up jump rope: Use colorful embroidery thread to stitch patterns or designs onto your jumping rope. This will add a personal and handmade touch.
- Sweet treat jump rope: Attach mini candy bars or wrapped candies to the handles of your jumping rope for a sweet surprise during playtime.
- Ship rope swing jump rope: Attach a sturdy rope swing to a tree branch or a swing set, and then attach a shorter piece of rope to the handle of your jumping rope. This will create a fun swinging jump rope experience!
- DIY theater jump rope: Create a mini theater by attaching a small puppet or toy to the handle of your jumping rope. Kids can put on their own puppet shows while jumping!
- Melted crayon jump rope: Gather old and broken crayons, melt them, and then pour the melted crayons into molds in the shape of jumping rope handles. Once hardened, attach them to a string to create a colorful and unique jumping rope.
These 38 DIY jumping rope ideas show that there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating your own jumping rope. Whether you’re looking for a simple and easy idea or a more complex and elaborate design, there’s something here for everyone. So grab your materials, get creative, and enjoy the benefits of this fun and active activity!
39 Glowing DIY Fireflies
If your child loves all things magical and whimsical, these glowing DIY fireflies are the perfect craft activity to keep them engaged and entertained at home. Not only will they have lots of fun making these sweet little creatures, but they’ll also create a stunning decoration to hang up in their room.
To make these fireflies, you’ll need some basic craft supplies like paper, glue, and scissors. You can also get creative with different materials like glitter, scratch art, and yarn to add texture and make your fireflies stand out.
There are plenty of tutorials and instructions available online to help you get started. From simple designs to more complex ones, you can find a variety of child-friendly ideas that are sure to spark your child’s imagination. And the best part is that these fireflies never need to be fed or cleaned up after.
Once your child has finished making their fireflies, they can have fun creating their own firefly-themed games and activities. They can make a firefly bunting to hang up or a firework display using glitter and paint. The possibilities are endless.
To make your fireflies glow, you could use some LED lights or waterproof fairy lights. These lights will create a magical effect and make your fireflies look even more realistic. You can even make a firefly jar by placing the lights inside a clean jar and decorating it with firefly designs.
Another fun activity you can do with your fireflies is to create a firefly garden. You can pick some plants that fireflies are particularly fond of and plant them in pots or in your garden. This will attract real fireflies and create a beautiful display of nature at night.
Engaging in arts and crafts activities like making DIY fireflies is not only a fun way to keep your child entertained but also a great way to bond with them. It’s a satisfying and rewarding experience for both children and parents alike. So why not open up a crafting session and let your child’s creativity and imagination run wild?
So gather your materials, follow the instructions, and get started on making your very own glowing DIY fireflies. You’ll be amazed at how much fun and joy these little creatures can bring into your child’s life!
40 Firework Painting
If you’re looking for a quick and easy craft activity that will keep your kids entertained for hours, why not try firework painting? This fun and colorful art project is perfect for kids of all ages and can be done both indoors and outdoors. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Materials: burlap or canvas, paint (in bright and vibrant colors), clear picture, nails, hammer
1. Start by choosing a piece of burlap or canvas as the base for your painting. Burlap adds a rustic and trendy vibe to the project, while canvas gives a more traditional look.
2. If using burlap, you may want to give it a clear picture before painting to prevent the paint from bleeding through. Simply apply a thin layer of clear picture to one side of the burlap and let it dry completely.
3. Once your base is ready, it’s time to start painting! Use a variety of bright and vibrant colors to create the firework designs. You can create different designs such as rainbows, spider webs or even mermaid tails.
4. For the firework effect, dip the end of a clothespin into the paint and press it onto the burlap or canvas. This will create the shape of the firework. Repeat this step with different colors and in various places to create a colorful and vibrant display.
5. You can also use other materials such as pom poms or strips of washi tape to create different effects. Simply dip them into the paint and press them onto the burlap or canvas.
6. While the paint is still wet, you can also sprinkle some glitter or sequins onto the painting to add some sparkle and shine.
7. Once your painting is complete, let it dry completely before displaying or hanging it up. You can frame it, or simply hang it on a fence or bookshelf for everyone to enjoy.
Firework painting is a great way to let your kid’s creativity shine. It’s a fun and easy activity that allows them to experiment with different colors and designs. Plus, it’s a great way to celebrate special occasions such as Independence Day or New Year’s Eve. So why not give it a try and watch the magic unfold?
41 Friendship Bracelets
Friendship bracelets are a great way for kids to show their creativity and express their friendship. Making friendship bracelets is not only a fun activity, but it also allows children to earn some bragging rights, as they can proudly wear and share their creations with their friends. There are many different techniques and tutorials available, so it won’t be hard to find one that suits your child’s interests and skill level. From simple knotted bracelets to more intricate designs, the possibilities are endless.
One popular technique is the traditional macrame knotting. Kids can use colorful threads or wool to create eye-catching patterns that are sure to impress their friends. Another fun idea is to make friendship bracelets using beads or charms. This adds an extra element of fun and allows kids to personalize their bracelets even more.
If your child enjoys working with their hands, they may enjoy making friendship bracelets using different materials. For example, they could use strips of fabric to create unique braided bracelets. They could also use small rocks or shells to make bracelets that are perfect for a beach-themed friendship bracelet.
If your child is more into crafts than traditional jewelry making, they might enjoy making friendship bracelets using materials like paper or origami. They can fold different shapes like paper airplanes or boats and attach them to a string. This creates a fun and unique friendship bracelet that is sure to stand out.
For those looking for a cheap and easy way to make friendship bracelets, there are several options available. Kids can use materials like pipe cleaners or store-bought friendship bracelet kits to create their own bracelets. These kits usually come with everything you need and include easy-to-follow instructions.
Another fun idea is to make friendship bracelets using everyday objects that you already have at home. For example, you can use buttons or old CD discs to create unique and colorful bracelets. Kids can get creative with their designs and arrange the objects in different ways to make the bracelets even more special.
If your child wants to take their friendship bracelet making to the next level, they can try making more complex designs like braided or knotted bracelets. These types of bracelets require a bit more patience and skill, but the end result is definitely worth it. Plus, there are plenty of tutorials available online to guide them along the way.
Whether your child prefers simple or complex designs, making friendship bracelets is a fun and versatile activity that allows them to express their creativity and make something special for their friends. So gather up some supplies and get ready to embark on a fun and colorful friendship bracelet making adventure!
42 Butterfly Magnets
Looking for a fun and easy craft project for your kids? These butterfly magnets are not only adorable, but they’re also a great way to spark their creativity! Plus, they make for cute decorations on your fridge or magnetic board.
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- Magnetic strips
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes
Now, let’s get crafty! Follow these simple steps:
- Take a piece of construction paper and fold it in half. This will serve as the butterfly’s body.
- Draw the shape of a butterfly’s wings on the folded paper. You can make them as big or as small as you like!
- Carefully cut along the outline of the wings, making sure to keep the paper folded.
- Once you’ve cut out the wings, unfold the paper to reveal a symmetrical butterfly shape.
- Now it’s time to decorate! Let your child’s imagination run wild as they color in the wings with markers.
- Add googly eyes to the butterfly’s body to give it a playful touch.
- Cut a small strip of magnetic tape and glue it to the back of the butterfly. Make sure it’s secure!
- Allow the glue to dry completely, and voila! You now have a beautiful butterfly magnet.
- Repeat these steps to create as many butterflies as you like. Mix and match colors and designs to create a vibrant display.
Once your butterfly magnets are complete, they can be used to decorate your fridge, magnetic board, or any other metal surface. Your kids will love seeing their creations on display!
These butterfly magnets also make great gifts. You can give them to friends and family or even sell them at local craft fairs or online retailers. The possibilities are endless!
So, the next time your kids are bored and looking for something to do, grab some construction paper and get creative with these DIY butterfly magnets. It’s a fun and easy craft project that will keep them entertained for hours!
43 Monogram Mug
If you’re looking for a fun and personalized craft idea, a monogram mug is just right for you. By adding your child’s initials or their favorite superhero logo to a plain white mug, you can create a unique and special piece of art that they can use every day. Not only is this craft easy to make, but it also has many benefits for your child’s creativity and confidence.
To make a monogram mug, you will need a plain white mug, some acrylic paint in your child’s favorite colors, and a set of letter stencils. You can find all these materials at your local craft store or online. First, pick the area on the mug where you want to place the monogram. You can choose the handle area, the front-facing side, or anywhere you like. Once you have decided, place the letter stencil on the mug and use a pencil to trace the shape of the letter.
Next, let your child get creative with the paint. They can use their favorite colors, add patterns or designs, or even paint a picture of their choice. For a more textured look, they can dip q-tips or small paintbrushes in the paint and create dots or lines on the mug. Once the paint is dry, you can add a layer of clear varnish to protect the design.
When it comes to monogram mugs, the possibilities are endless. You can use your child’s initials, their favorite superhero logo, or any other shape or design that they love. If your child is into dinosaurs, you can paint a dinosaur shape on the mug. If they love farm animals, you can paint a farm scene. If they’re a fan of space, you can paint a rocket ship. The variety of designs you can choose from is vast.
Not only are monogram mugs a fun and creative craft idea, but they also provide a practical use. Your child can use their personalized mug for drinking their favorite hot or cold beverages. They can proudly show off their creation to friends and family, which will surely boost their confidence.
If you’re currently low on craft supplies, don’t worry. Making a monogram mug is a cheap and easy craft idea that requires only a few materials. And the best part is that you can create multiple mugs and have a lovely set for the whole family. They’re also a great gift idea for birthdays, holidays, or any special occasion.
So next time you’re looking for a craft idea to keep your child engaged and creative, try making a monogram mug. Not only will they have a blast painting and decorating, but they will also have a unique and special piece of art that they can use every day. Plus, it’s a great way to add a personal touch to your morning coffee routine!
44 Bookshelf Dollhouse
Looking for a creative way to manage your child’s toy collection and encourage their imagination at the same time? Why not pick a bookshelf dollhouse! This mesh of functionality and fun allows your child to have a personal space for their dolls or action figures while also having a stylish addition to their room.
There are various ways to create a bookshelf dollhouse. You can choose to use an existing bookshelf and transform it into a dollhouse by adding colorful wallpapers, feeders, and even a tiny treasure chest. Alternatively, you can use a few old books and crafts to create a string of rooms that match your child’s favorite theme, like mermaids or superheroes.
If you want something eye-catching, consider using buttons, lanterns, or even a rainbow made of various craft materials. Online retailers offer a wide range of miniature furniture and dolls that can surely make your child’s dollhouse more realistic and fun to play with.
The main idea is to create a relaxing and inspiring environment where your child’s imagination can run wild. You can use washi tape to create winding paths, grass made from green paper or yarn, and even tiny rocks or sand to complete the outdoor setting. When it comes to the indoor space, small pieces of wood, LEGO bricks, or even toilet paper rolls can be used to create furniture or decorations.
To make the bookshelf dollhouse even more personal, you can involve your child in the crafting process. Let them choose the colors, materials, and plan the layout of the rooms. You can bond with your child while working on this project and create lasting memories.
Not only is a bookshelf dollhouse a fun and creative activity, but it also serves as a storage solution for your child’s toys. Instead of having them scattered around the room, everything can be neatly organized in the dollhouse. This way, the gathering of toys and the cleanup process become a fun part of playtime.
Whether you prefer a pencil and paper or a cheap corkboard to plan your dollhouse’s design, it’s always a good idea to gather ideas and inspiration online. There are plenty of tutorials and images available that can help you come up with the best design for your child’s dollhouse.
So, if you’re looking for a project that combines creativity, imagination, and functionality, a bookshelf dollhouse is a perfect choice. It will surely entertain your child during the summer months and beyond, allowing their imagination to take flight in a world of their own creation.
45 Outdoor Music Station
If you want to add a colorful and whimsical vibe to your outdoor play area, creating an outdoor music station is a fantastic idea. It will not only provide tons of fun for kids but also allow them to develop their musical skills and bond with friends and family.
Here’s a quick and easy DIY project that will bring the sweet sounds of music to your porch or backyard. You can find all the materials needed for this project online or at your local DIY store. If you’re a DIYer, you probably have most of the items available in your craft chest.
To create your outdoor music station, you’ll need various items such as used bottles, cardboard boxes, metal trays, and even a corkboard. You can choose to use old jars, plastic bottles, or glass bottles, depending on what you have available. This way, you can recycle while creating a fun and interactive music station.
The first step is to gather all the items you’ll need for your music station. Once you have everything, it’s time to let your creativity flow! You can create wind chimes using bottles, hang metal trays or metal boxes that will produce a unique sound when hit together, or attach different-sized pieces of wood to create a xylophone-like instrument.
If you want to add a more animal-inspired touch to your music station, you can create butterfly or ladybug feeders using empty cartons or containers. This will not only attract beautiful creatures to your outdoor space but also add a touch of nature to your music station.
To make the outdoor music station even more vibrant, you can add colorful bunting or hand-painted signs. This will give it a whimsical feel and make it more appealing to kids. You can also hang wind catchers or mobiles made of paper or fabric. A printable treasure chest sign can be a fun addition too, creating a sense of adventure and play.
Creating an outdoor music station is a great way to bring creativity and fun to your outdoor play area. Whether you’re a parent looking for a new activity for your children or a school specialist wanting to enhance your classroom, this DIY project will be a hit. Not only will it provide entertainment and laughter, but it will also foster imagination and creativity.
So, grab your materials and get started on this exciting project. Once your outdoor music station is complete, you can invite friends and family to enjoy the sounds of laughter and music. Your kids will have a blast playing their own tunes while enjoying the summer sun.
Crafts For Kids – Tons of Art and Craft Ideas for Kids to Make
When it comes to developing creativity and imagination in children, art and craft activities are full of benefits. Not only do they allow kids to explore their creative side, but they also provide hours of fun and entertainment. Whether you are a parent looking for craft ideas to keep your kids busy during the school holidays or a teacher looking for activities to do in the classroom, there are plenty of art and craft ideas for kids to make.
One popular craft idea for kids is making newspaper bubbles. All you need is some water, dish soap, and newspaper. Kids can dip the newspaper into the soapy water and blow to create bubbles. Another fun craft idea is making string art. Using a piece of wood, some nails, and colored string, kids can create their own unique designs.
If you’re looking for a craft that kids can make and play with, try making a toothpick catapult. Using popsicle sticks, rubber bands, and toothpicks, kids can build their own catapult and see how far they can launch small objects. Another fun craft idea is making egg carton animals. Kids can paint and decorate the egg carton to look like animals, and then use them for imaginative play.
For a craft that is both fun and functional, try making bird feeders. Kids can use recycled materials such as milk cartons or plastic bottles to create feeders for birds. Not only will they enjoy crafting the feeders, but they will also have the opportunity to observe and learn about different bird species.
If you’re looking for a craft that allows kids to express their creativity, try making fortune teller cards. Kids can decorate and fold pieces of paper into fortune tellers, and then write different messages on the inside. This craft is not only fun to make, but it also allows kids to practice their writing and storytelling skills.
If you want to create a romantic and lovely atmosphere at home, try making paper lanterns. Using colored paper and string, kids can create beautiful lanterns that can be used for decorations or as gifts. Another fun craft idea is making suncatchers. Using clear plastic or glass plates and metallic markers, kids can create stunning suncatchers that reflect light and create a festive atmosphere.
Whether you are looking for easy crafts for kids or more challenging projects, there is always something for everyone. Crafting not only provides kids with a creative outlet, but it also helps to develop fine motor skills, concentration, and confidence. So why not gather some art supplies, turn on some music, and start crafting with your kids today?
Looking for Seasonal Kid’s Crafts? Find them here
If you’re a parent, teacher, or caregiver, you’re probably always on the lookout for fun and engaging crafts to keep kids entertained and creative. When it comes to seasonal crafts, there’s something particularly special about creating art projects that celebrate specific holidays and seasons. From painting eggs for Easter to making snowflakes for Christmas, seasonal crafts allow kids to explore their creativity while also connecting with the world around them.
Here are some ideas for seasonal crafts that you can try with your kids:
- Printable Coloring Pages: Print out coloring pages featuring seasonal themes such as pumpkins for Halloween, or flowers for spring. Kids can color the pages using paints, markers, or colored pencils.
- Nature Art: Take a walk with your kids and collect natural materials such as leaves, pebbles, and twigs. Use these materials to create beautiful, colorful artworks. For example, arrange the leaves into a design and press them onto paper using water and paint.
- Adorable Organizers: Use empty bottles or jars to create cute and handy organizers for art supplies or small trinkets. Clean and decorate the bottles with paints or colorful paper. Then, arrange them in a way that suits your needs. You could even turn them into a planter by adding soil and flowers.
- Rocky Art: Gather some smooth rocks and paint them to create adorable characters like animals or superheros. Get creative with colors and designs, and don’t forget to add details using a small brush or a fine-tip marker. These little creations can be used as paperweights or decorations.
- Sand Arts: Using colored sand, kids can create beautiful and vibrant artwork. They can pour different colored sand into bottles or make patterns on paper. The end result is always stunning!
- Paper Plate Crafts: Paper plates are great for creating all kinds of crafts, from masks to wind chimes. Cut, paint, and decorate the plates in any way you like. Kids can let their imagination run wild!
- Fabric Crafts: If you enjoy sewing or quilting, consider teaching your kids some basic stitches and creating seasonal fabric crafts together. They can make small pillows, stuffed animals, or even fabric decorations for the holidays.
- Hoop Art: Embroidery hoops can be transformed into beautiful wall hangings. Let your kids draw or trace a design on fabric, then help them stitch it using colorful threads. The end result is a unique piece of art that they can proudly display.
- Trash to Treasure: Encourage kids to get creative with recyclable materials. Collect items like cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, and tin cans and challenge them to turn them into something useful or beautiful. The possibilities are endless!
- Cornhole Game: If you’re feeling handy, consider building a mini cornhole game with your kids. They can paint and decorate the boards, then enjoy hours of fun playing the game in the backyard.
With these ideas, you’ll never run out of seasonal crafts to try with your kids. Whether it’s Christmas, Easter, or any other holiday, there’s always a good reason to get creative and have fun!
If you are looking for some classic art and craft ideas that never go out of style, we’ve got you covered. These timeless activities are perfect for kids of all ages and will provide hours of fun and creativity.
Cookies: Baking cookies is not only a delicious treat but also a great opportunity for kids to get involved in the kitchen. Let them mix the ingredients, shape the dough, and decorate the cookies with colorful icing and sprinkles.
Pom Poms: Making pom poms is a simple and fun craft activity that kids will love. They can use yarn, cardboard, and scissors to create these fluffy balls, which can be used for various projects like keyrings, place mats, or even as decorations for their rooms.
Tons of crafts with paper: Paper crafts are versatile and can keep kids entertained for hours. From origami to paper mache, there are endless possibilities to explore their creativity. They can make adorable animal masks, clean and simple greeting cards, or even build a whole scene using paper and glue.
Sand art: Kids can have tons of fun with colored sand and empty bottles or jars. They can create beautiful patterns and designs by layering different colors of sand. This activity is not only entertaining but also helps improve their fine motor skills.
Glitter works: Kids love anything that sparkles, so why not let them create their own glitter art? They can use glitter glue, glitter pens, or loose glitter to add some shine to cards, gift boxes, or even their own artworks.
Fond of paints: Painting is a classic activity that never gets old. Whether they prefer watercolors, acrylics, or finger paints, let their imagination run wild and watch as they create beautiful masterpieces. You can even adapt some tutorials to teach them different techniques.
Special gifts: Making and giving handmade gifts is a great way for kids to show their love and appreciation for others. They can create personalized photo frames, painted mugs, or even homemade soap. The possibilities are endless, and the receiver will surely cherish these special gifts forever.
Outdoor games: For those sunny days, nothing beats playing outdoor games with friends and family. Kids can organize their own mini Olympics, have a scavenger hunt, or even create their own obstacle course using everyday items like hula hoops, balls, and cones.
Egg carton crafts: Don’t throw away those empty egg cartons! They can be transformed into adorable crafts like caterpillars, ladybugs, and even mini birdhouses. Kids can paint them, add googly eyes, and use other materials to bring their creations to life.
Matchbox crafts: Empty matchboxes can be repurposed into tiny treasure boxes or even mini dioramas. Kids can paint them, add stickers, or use other decorative materials to turn them into something unique and special.
Seed planting: Teaching kids about plants and the environment is both educational and fun. They can plant seeds in small pots or containers, watch them grow, and even create their own mini garden. This activity will not only teach them about nature but also the importance of taking care of living things.
Sweet crown: Every young child dreams of being a prince or princess, so why not let them create their own crown? They can use cardboard, glitter, and crayons to make a sparkly and colorful crown fit for royalty.
Woodworking: For older kids who have more experience with crafting, woodworking can be a rewarding hobby. They can learn the basics of woodworking and create their own masterpieces like a wooden chest, a treehouse, or even a swing.
Rainbows and sunshine: Kids love colors, and what’s better than creating their own rainbow? They can use different materials like colored paper, ribbons, or even paint to make a rainbow-themed craft. They can also create a sunshine craft using paper plates, construction paper, and other supplies.
Confetti chime: Making a confetti chime is a fun and interactive craft. Kids can use empty plastic bottles, colorful confetti, and ribbons to create a unique wind chime that will make beautiful sounds when the wind blows.
Editor’s note: Remember to always supervise young children during art and craft activities, especially when using scissors, paints, or other potentially hazardous materials. It’s also a good idea to have a designated craft area where kids can freely explore their creativity without making a mess in other rooms.
So, if you haven’t already, gather your art supplies, roll up your sleeves, and let the crafting fun begin!
Easy Crafts for Kids
If you haven’t started doing art and craft activities with your kids, now is the perfect time to get started! There are so many fun and easy crafts that your kids will love. From making fireflies that glow in the dark to creating a swing using a marble and a plastic cup, there is no end to the possibilities.
One easy craft idea is to make a bond printing corkboard. All you need is a corkboard, some quilting fabric, and a few toothpicks. Simply cut the fabric to fit the corkboard and use the toothpicks to hold it in place. Your kids can then use the corkboard to pin up their artwork or notes.
Another easy craft idea is to make outdoor feeders for the birds. All you need is a plastic bottle, some bird seed, and a few toothpicks. Cut holes in the bottle and fill it with bird seed. Then hang it up outside and watch as the birds come to feed.
If your child likes painting, they will love making painted flower pots. Simply give them some pots and let them paint them in any design they like. They can use acrylic paint or even finger paints to create a unique design. Once the paint is dry, you can plant your favorite flowers in the pots.
If your child loves animals, they will love making painted turtle picture holders. All you need is a small wooden block, some paint, and a few toothpicks. Paint the wooden block to look like a turtle and then attach toothpicks to it to hold pictures. Your child can then display their favorite photos in the turtle picture holders.
For a sweet and glittery craft, why not try making a toothpick glitter caterpillar? Simply glue toothpicks together in the shape of a caterpillar and then dip it in glue and roll it in glitter. Your child will be amazed at how the caterpillar instantly comes to life with a touch of glitter.
Creating bunting is another easy and fun craft idea. All you need is some paper or fabric and a strip of ribbon or twine. Cut the paper or fabric into triangles and then glue or sew them onto the ribbon or twine. Hang the bunting up in your child’s room or use it to decorate for a party.
If you’re looking for a modern and trendy craft idea, why not try making a shoe organiser out of fabric? Simply cut some fabric into squares and sew them together to create pockets. Hang the fabric squares on a dowel or a tension rod and you have a handy shoe organiser.
These are just a few of the many easy crafts that your kids can make at home. Whether they like painting, collecting things, or creating with their hands, there is something for everyone. So gather up some supplies and start crafting!
1 Pom Poms Caterpillars
If you’re looking for a fun and whimsical craft idea that kids will absolutely love, you can’t go wrong with pom pom caterpillars! These adorable little creatures are easy to make and will provide hours of entertainment for your child. Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftover yarn you have lying around. Here’s how to make your own pom pom caterpillars step-by-step:
- Gather everything you’ll need: yarn in your child’s preferred colors, a pair of scissors, googly eyes, and some craft glue.
- Start by making the pom poms. You can use a pom pom loom or even just wind the yarn around your fingers. Keep winding until you have a nice, full pom pom. Tie the yarn off with a knot and trim any excess.
- Repeat this process to make as many pom poms as you’d like for your caterpillar. You could make them all the same color for a more uniform look, or mix it up with a rainbow of colors.
- Once you have all your pom poms ready, it’s time to assemble your caterpillar. Use craft glue to attach the googly eyes to one end of each pom pom. This will be the front of your caterpillar.
- If you’d like to give your caterpillar a more playful look, you can also glue on some small pieces of yarn for antennae, or even a tiny crown made out of twine.
- To create the caterpillar’s legs, cut small pieces of twine and use craft glue to attach them to the sides of each pom pom. You can choose how many legs your caterpillar has, but six or eight is usually a good number.
- Once everything has dried, your pom pom caterpillars are ready to play with! Your child can wind them up and watch them “crawl” across the floor, or create a special habitat for them using shoe boxes and other materials.
Not only is this craft project a fun and creative way to spend a summer afternoon, it also offers several benefits for your child. Making pom poms and assembling the caterpillars promotes fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. It also encourages creativity and imagination as your child decides on colors and designs for their caterpillars.
If you’re looking for more craft ideas to keep your child entertained, why not try making paper plate frogs, newspaper sculptures, or even a wind chime from recycled materials? The possibilities are endless, and the bond you’ll create while helping your child with these projects is priceless.
So, the next time you’re looking for a fun and educational activity to do with your child, give these pom pom caterpillars a try. They’re simple to make, adorable to look at, and sure to be a hit with kids of all ages!
2 Paper Spider
Looking for a craft project that will give your child a chance to practice their fine motor skills? These paper spider designs are perfect for little hands! Plus, they can add a touch of Halloween chic to your home decor.
Making paper spiders is simple and fun, and there are plenty of tutorials available online to guide you through the process. Whether you choose to make a cute and colourful spider or a spooky black one, your child will have a blast making these creepy-crawlies.
All you need are some coloured paper, scissors, glue, and a clothespin or a pipe cleaner to create the body and legs of the spider. You can get creative and decorate your spider with googly eyes or add some glitter to make it sparkle.
These paper spiders make great decorations for Halloween parties or just for adding a touch of fun to your child’s room. You can hang them from the ceiling, stick them on the wall, or place them on a tray to create a spooky scene.
If you haven’t tried paper crafting with your child before, making paper spiders is a great way to introduce them to the world of art and craft. It’s a simple and inexpensive activity that can be done indoors, making it perfect for rainy days or when you need something to keep your child entertained.
So, grab some paper, scissors, and glue, and get ready to create some creepy crawlers. Your child will have a blast making these paper spiders, and you’ll love seeing their imagination come to life!
3 Farm Animal Puppets
Looking for a fun and creative activity to keep your kids entertained at home? Why not try making these adorable farm animal puppets! It’s a great way to let their imagination run wild while also keeping them engaged and entertained. Whether they’re a fan of cute creatures or want to create their own farmyard adventure, this craft idea is sure to be a hit.
To make these farm animal puppets, you’ll need the following materials:
- Colored paper or cardstock
- Googly eyes
- Markers or crayons
- Popsicle sticks
Now, let’s dive into the fun part of making these puppets!
- Choose three farm animals that your kids would like to create. Whether it’s a cow, pig, or sheep, let their imagination guide the decision.
- Using the colored paper or cardstock, draw and cut out the shapes of the animals. If needed, you can find printable templates online to help you get started.
- Let your kids unleash their creativity by coloring and decorating the animal shapes however they like. They can use markers, crayons, or even glue on some poms poms or googly eyes to elevate the look.
- Once the animals are fully decorated, it’s time to turn them into puppets. Glue a popsicle stick to the back of each animal shape, and let it dry completely.
- Now your farm animal puppets are ready for playtime! Your kids can use them to create their own farm stories, put up puppet shows, or simply have fun with imaginative play.
This craft activity not only encourages creativity and imaginative play but also helps with fine motor skills as kids cut, color, and glue. It’s a great way to spend quality time together as a family and create lasting memories. So, gather your materials and get ready for a fun farm animal adventure!
4 Craft Stick Crocodile
If you’re looking for a fun and unique craft to make with your kids, this craft stick crocodile is perfect! It’s easy to make and uses simple materials that you probably already have at home. Plus, it’s a great way to encourage your child’s creativity and fine motor skills.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- Green paint
- Googly eyes
- Green foam sheet or construction paper
- Black marker
Start by painting the craft sticks green. Let them dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Once the paint is dry, arrange three craft sticks next to each other, slightly overlapping on one side. Glue them together to create the body of the crocodile.
Next, take the fourth craft stick and cut it in half. Glue one half to the top of the body to create the crocodile’s head.
Now it’s time to add some details to your crocodile. Cut out a mouth shape from the green foam sheet or construction paper and glue it to the head. Use a black marker to draw teeth and nostrils on the mouth.
Glue googly eyes onto the head, above the mouth. You can also use the black marker to draw eyelashes or eyebrows if you’d like.
For extra flair, you can add some pom-poms or buttons along the back of the crocodile to represent scales. Simply glue them in place.
Once your crocodile is complete, it’s ready for play! Kids can have fun making their crocodile “swim” or “chomp” by moving the craft stick legs.
This craft is not only fun to make, but it also encourages creativity and imagination. Kids can give their crocodile a name and create stories and adventures for it. Whether it’s a fierce native crocodile or a friendly mermaid’s pet, the possibilities are endless!
So gather your materials and get crafting with your kids. You’ll be amazed at what they can create with just a few simple materials.
5 Monster Bookmarks
These monster bookmarks are a fun and engaging craft idea that will encourage your kids to read and keep track of their place in their favorite books. They are easy to make and can be customized with different colors and expressions to make each one unique. Here are five monster bookmark ideas to get you started:
- Flower Monster: This flower-shaped monster bookmark allows your little ones to bring a touch of nature to their reading adventures. Let them use their finger to trace the petals as they read each page.
- Pompom Monster: Using colorful pompoms, your kids can create a fluffy friend to keep them company as they dive into the pages of a good book. They can choose different sizes and colors to make their bookmark extra stylish.
- Dough Monster: For a more tactile experience, try making a dough monster bookmark. Use a station with clear instructions to create a dough monster, and let it air dry. Later, your kids can paint it and watch as their creation becomes a part of their reading routine.
- Pirate Monster: This pirate-themed bookmark is perfect for little adventurers. Let them decorate a pirate-shaped paper cutout and stick it to a popsicle stick. They can imagine sailing the seas while lost in their favorite stories.
- Kaleidoscope Monster: Create a kaleidoscope effect by attaching marbles or small balls to a paper monster silhouette. This textured bookmark will provide a sensory experience as your kids run their fingers over the various textures.
These monster bookmarks are not only fun to make, but they also serve a practical purpose. They will not only keep your kids interested in reading but also provide them with sweet memories of the time spent together creating these unique bookmarks. So, gather your materials and start crafting away!
6 Paper Plate Masks
If you want a fun and creative craft idea for kids, paper plate masks are a fantastic choice. With just a few simple materials, you can create whimsical masks that will spark your child’s imagination and bring their favorite characters to life. This craft allows children to express their unique taste and create something they can proudly wear and play with.
To make paper plate masks, you will need a few basic supplies that you likely already have at home. Start by gathering paper plates, scissors, glue, and paint or markers. You can also add additional decorations like buttons, feathers, or glitter to give the masks a more festive and colorful touch.
To start, pick a design for your mask. You can browse online for printable templates or use your child’s favorite characters as inspiration. Cut out the shape of the mask from the paper plate and then use your imagination to create the details. Paint or color the mask using paints or markers, and then add any additional decorations you like.
Once the masks are finished, let them dry completely. If you want to make them waterproof for outdoor play, you can apply a layer of clear sealant or adhesive spray. This will help protect the masks from running or smudging during play.
These paper plate masks are not only a fun craft activity, but they also provide endless imaginative play possibilities. Your child can pretend to be a superhero, an animal, or even a magical mermaid. The best part is that paper plate masks are easy to assemble and cost-effective. You can make lots of masks to share with friends or create a whole collection for your child’s dress-up station.
To take the craft to the next level, you can also create other accessories like capes or snake belts using fabric, felt, or other materials. This allows your child to fully immerse themselves in their newfound characters and create a whole world of imaginative play.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and creative craft idea that will keep your child entertained and spark their imagination, give paper plate masks a try. From superheroes to animals to whimsical characters, the possibilities are endless. Let your child’s creativity shine through while constructing their own unique paper plate masks!
7 Sun and Rainbow
One fun craft idea for kids to make at home is a sun and rainbow decoration. This project is perfect for kids of all ages and is a great way to add some color and cheer to any room.
To make a sun and rainbow decoration, you will need the following materials:
- Construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- String or twine
Start by cutting out a large circle from yellow construction paper to represent the sun. Then, cut out a series of colorful strips from different colored construction paper to create the rainbow.
Once you have all your pieces cut out, you can start to assemble your sun and rainbow. First, glue the strips of paper onto the back of the sun shape, arranging them in an arch shape to create the rainbow.
Next, use markers or crayons to add some details to the sun and rainbow. You can add a face to the sun or color in the rainbow strips to make them more vibrant.
Finally, punch a hole at the top of the sun and thread a piece of string or twine through it. This will allow you to hang your sun and rainbow decoration in the desired location.
This craft is a great way to let kids get creative and have fun with colors. It can be adapted for different age groups, with older kids able to do more intricate cutting and coloring, while younger kids can focus on the basic shapes and colors.
Once the sun and rainbow are complete, you can hang them in a child’s bedroom or play area to add a colorful accent. They could even be used to decorate for a party or special event.
This craft is also a great way to teach kids about weather and nature. You can explain how rainbows are formed and talk about the different colors of the rainbow. It’s a hands-on way for kids to learn and have fun at the same time.
In conclusion, making a sun and rainbow decoration is a fun and creative craft idea that kids will love. It’s a great way to keep them entertained and engaged, especially on a rainy day or during school holidays. So why not give it a try and see what colorful creations your child can come up with?
8 Butterfly Life Cycle
Quilting: Quilting is a fun and creative activity that kids will love. They can create their own quilt by using different fabrics, colors, and patterns. It’s a great way to develop their creativity and also improve their fine motor skills.
Tons of Christmas: Christmas is a perfect time to get crafty with your kids. You can create all sorts of Christmas decorations such as ornaments, stockings, and wreaths. Let your child’s imagination run wild and create their own unique pieces of art.
Share and Stand: One of the best ways to encourage creativity in kids is to share their crafts with others. They can make cards, paintings, or even small gifts for their friends and family. This not only allows them to express themselves but also develops their social skills.
Child-friendly décor: Get your kids involved in decorating their own rooms. They can create their own wall art, picture frames, or even decorate their own lampshades. It’s a fun way to let them personalize their space and make it truly their own.
Fond of Décor: If your child is fond of decor, they can create their own home décor items. They can make decorative pillows, wall hangings, or even create their own unique flower vases. The possibilities are endless, and it’s a great way to encourage their creativity and make their home feel warm and inviting.
Gathered Towel: If you have a towel that’s seen better days, instead of throwing it away, why not repurpose it into a fun craft activity? Kids can create their own beach bags, stuffed animals, or even use the towel as a base for their own imaginative scenes.
Online gardens: Online shopping has made it easier than ever to find all kinds of craft supplies. Kids can browse through various websites and find all sorts of materials to help bring their ideas to life. Whether it’s string, beads, or fabric, there’s something for every creative project.
String away: String art is an age-old craft that kids will love. They can create all sorts of figures by winding string around nails to create beautiful patterns. It’s a fun and inexpensive way to create stunning pieces of art.
Water without a garden: If you don’t have a garden at home, you can still create your own mini garden indoors. Kids can create a terrarium using glass jars, pebbles, and small plants. It’s a fun way to bring a little bit of nature inside and learn about the different plants and how they grow.
9 Ladybug Construction Paper Craft
If you’re looking for a fun and easy craft idea for kids, then these ladybug construction paper crafts are perfect. With just a few materials, your little ones can create adorable ladybugs to decorate their rooms or to give as gifts. Construction paper is a versatile and inexpensive material that is perfect for all sorts of crafts, and these ladybugs are no exception.
To make these ladybugs, you’ll need the following materials:
- Construction paper in various colors
- Marker or pen
- Googly eyes
- Black buttons or paper
Once you have all the materials gathered, follow these steps to create your ladybugs:
- Cut out a large oval shape from red construction paper. This will be the body of the ladybug.
- Cut out a smaller oval shape from black construction paper and glue it onto the middle of the red oval. This will be the ladybug’s head.
- Use your marker or pen to draw a line down the middle of the ladybug’s body.
- Glue on two googly eyes above the head of the ladybug.
- Using black construction paper or buttons, create spots for the ladybug’s body.
- Cut out two smaller red circles for the ladybug’s wings and glue them onto the sides of the body.
- Draw a smiley face on the ladybug’s head.
- Let the glue dry and your ladybug is complete!
- You can use this craft to create a cute picture or even make a ladybug suncatcher by cutting out a small hole and stringing yarn through it to hang in a window.
These ladybug construction paper crafts are a quick and easy way to entertain kids and let their creativity run wild. Whether you’re a parent looking for a fun activity for your children or a teacher needing a craft idea for the classroom, these ladybugs are a sweet and simple option. They are also a great excuse to use up any leftover construction paper or buttons you may have lying around. Give it a try and see what fun creations your little ones can come up with!
10 Tulip Cards
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft project to do with your kids, making tulip cards is a great option. These cards are perfect for any occasion and are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. Plus, they’re easy to make and require just a few basic supplies.
To make a tulip card, you’ll need some construction paper or cardstock in various colors, scissors, glue, and markers or colored pencils. Start by folding a piece of construction paper in half to create your card base. Then, cut out a tulip shape from another piece of construction paper, making sure to leave a small rectangle at the bottom of the tulip for the stem.
Next, have your child decorate the tulip shape with markers or colored pencils. They can get creative with patterns, colors, and designs. If they want to give their tulip card a little extra sparkle, they can even add some glitter or metallic accents.
Once the tulip shape is decorated, glue the stems to the front of the card base. Your child can also write a message or draw a picture on the inside of the card to personalize it even further. And voila, you have a beautiful and unique tulip card!
These tulip cards are not only fun to make, but they also make great gifts for friends and family. You can even use them as decorations around the house. They’ll add a touch of color and springtime cheer to any bookshelf or workspace.
If you’re looking for more craft ideas, be sure to browse our website. We have plenty of other fun and easy projects for kids of all ages. From painting and drawing to making paper plates and loom organizers, there’s something for everyone. Plus, crafting is a great way to keep your kids entertained and their creative juices flowing. So why not give it a try?
With a few simple supplies and a little bit of imagination, you can create beautiful tulip cards that are sure to impress. Plus, crafting allows your kids to explore their creativity and develop their fine motor skills. So the next time you’re looking for a fun activity to do with your kids, why not try making tulip cards? It’s a fun and easy project that the whole family will enjoy.
11 Under the Sea Scene
Creating under the sea scenes is always a hit with kids of all ages. It’s a fun and funky way to let their imaginations run wild and explore the magical world of the ocean. Here are some unique ideas to get you started:
1. Sand Art Bottles
Create colorful layers of sand in a bottle to make your own beautiful beach-inspired decoration.
2. Paper Plate Fish
Turn simple paper plates into whimsical fish with colorful paint and other craft materials.
3. Button Jellyfish
Use buttons of different sizes and colors to make cute jellyfish that add a touch of charm to any under the sea scene.
4. Sea Creature Mobile
Make a stunning mobile with various sea creature cutouts and hang them with strings to create a captivating display.
5. Bottle Cap Fish
Collect colorful bottle caps and turn them into vibrant fish that can be stuck onto a cardboard backdrop.
6. Underwater Diorama
Create a three-dimensional scene in a shoebox using craft materials like paper, pipe cleaners, and seashells.
7. Cork Boats
Transform ordinary wine corks into mini sailboats and let them float in a tub of water.
8. Shrinky Dink Ocean Animals
Use Shrinky Dink plastic sheets to make adorable mini ocean creatures that can be turned into keychains or necklace pendants.
9. Yarn Octopus
Show off your knitting skills by making a cute yarn octopus with mismatched socks and yarn.
10. Egg Carton Sea Creatures
Turn egg cartons into colorful sea creatures like crabs, seahorses, and starfish.
11. Burlap Mermaid
Create a stylish mermaid using burlap and other fabric scraps, adding a romantic touch to your under the sea scene.
These under the sea craft ideas are sure to make a splash with kids of all ages. So gather your materials and get ready to dive into a world of creativity and fun!
12 Construction Paper Frog
If you’re looking for a quick and easy craft idea for kids, these construction paper frogs are a great choice. Whether you’re making them at home or in school, they’re guaranteed to be a hit with little ones!
To make these adorable frogs, you’ll need construction paper, scissors, glue, and some googly eyes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Start by cutting out a large circle from green construction paper. This will be the frog’s body.
- Cut out two smaller circles from a lighter shade of green construction paper. These will be the frog’s eyes.
- Glue the eyes onto the larger circle, towards the top.
- Next, cut out a long rectangle from green construction paper. This will be the frog’s tongue.
- Attach the tongue to the bottom of the frog’s body using glue.
- Now it’s time to add some details! Use a black marker to draw a smiley face and nostrils on the frog’s body.
- Cut out two small circles from red construction paper and glue them onto the frog’s body as cheeks.
- To make the frog’s legs, cut out two long thin rectangles from green construction paper.
- Accordion fold each rectangle to create the frog’s legs. Glue the ends of the legs to the sides of the frog’s body.
- Finally, cut out two small circles from pink construction paper and glue them onto the frog’s body as feet.
- You’re done! Your construction paper frog is now ready to hop and jump.
These frog creations can be used as a fun decoration for the home or as a keyring, bunting, or even a planter. Kids will love the vibrant colors and the eye-catching details of their artistic creations!
Don’t forget to let your children’s creative minds run wild by encouraging them to personalize their frogs with unique accessories. They can use buttons, fabrics, or any other materials they fancy to give their frogs a special touch!
13 Under the Sea Scene
One of the most captivating and imaginative scenes to create is an Under the Sea scene. This art and craft idea would be perfect for kids who adore the ocean and all the wonderful creatures that inhabit it.
To start, you will need a birdhouse that matches the ones you can find in a store or a homemade one if you’re feeling extra creative. The birdhouse will serve as the base of your sea scene.
To add a modern and chic vibe, cover the birdhouse with colorful leaves. Then, use yarn to create a swing for the sea creatures to play on. The swing can be made with rainbow-colored yarn for a fun and vibrant touch.
In addition, you can use pipe cleaners to make sea creature accents, such as fish or jellyfish. These can be attached to the birdhouse or hung around the swing.
If you want to add more depth and texture to your sea scene, consider incorporating a rocky or sandy surface. This can be achieved by using sand, pebbles, or even crushed seashells. Just make sure to securely glue them to the birdhouse so they don’t fall off.
To bring your underwater garden to life, create sea plants using strips of colored paper or fabric. You can make them in various shapes and sizes, and then glue them to the birdhouse.
For a touch of whimsy, you can also hang lanterns or fairy lights around the scene to represent the magic of the ocean. These can be battery-operated and come in different colors and shapes.
Whether it’s Easter or Christmas, you can always customize your Under the Sea scene to fit the holidays. For example, you can add small decorated eggs or tiny presents to the swing or attach a miniature Christmas tree to the birdhouse.
For a more romantic touch, you can create a treehouse on top of the birdhouse using popsicle sticks or matchsticks. This can be a cozy spot for your sea creatures to relax and enjoy the view.
If you’re a parent or a teacher looking for engaging art and craft activities, the Under the Sea scene is a perfect choice. It allows kids to explore their creativity and imagination, while also learning about different marine life species and habitats.
In fact, this art and craft idea can be an excellent addition to a classroom or a homeschooling lesson about the ocean. Kids can research different sea creatures and choose their favorites to include in their scene.
Whether you’re a crafting specialist or just starting out, this Under the Sea scene is sure to be a hit. It combines various materials and techniques to create a truly unique and captivating piece of art. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to set up!
So, let your kids’ underwater dreams come to life with this brilliant art and craft idea. They’ll be stuck in the deep sea, creating their own imaginative accents, such as keyrings, holders, and even tiny quilting creations. The possibilities are endless!
With just some simple materials and a splash of creativity, your kids can have tons of fun crafting their own Under the Sea scene. From the ordinary to the extraordinary, this art and craft idea will make their creations truly stand out.
So dive into the world of Under the Sea scenes and watch as your kids’ imaginations soar!
14 Sponge Sailboats
If you’re looking for a fun and captivating outdoor activity for your kids, making sponge sailboats is the perfect choice. These adorable boats can be used as gifts or for playtime outside. Plus, they are easy to make and require only a few simple materials.
To make a sponge sailboat, you will need:
- 1 sponge
- 1 wooden skewer or toothpick
- 1 plastic straw
- 1 rubber band
- Markers or paint
To start, cut the sponge into the shape of a boat. You can create different kinds of boats, such as a traditional sailboat or a modern speedboat. Let your imagination run wild!
Next, poke a hole at the top of the boat using a wooden skewer or toothpick. This is where the mast will go.
Thread a plastic straw through the hole, leaving a small section sticking out at the top. The straw will act as the mast of the sailboat.
Take a small piece of sponge and cut it into a triangular shape. This will be the sail. Attach it to the mast using a rubber band, making sure it stands tall and straight.
Now it’s time to decorate your sailboat! Use markers or paint to add colorful designs and patterns. You can go for a classic nautical look with stripes or create a rainbow sailboat. Let your creativity shine!
Once your sailboat is ready, find a body of water, such as a pool or a lake, to launch it. Gently place the boat in the water and watch it sail away. If you don’t have access to water, you can also use a large basin or a tub filled with water.
Making sponge sailboats is not only a fun activity for kids but also a great way to teach them about the basics of boat construction. They will learn about buoyancy, balance, and how different designs affect the boat’s speed and stability.
Additionally, this activity provides the opportunity for kids to explore their creativity and express themselves through art. They can experiment with different colors, patterns, and textures to create their unique sailboats.
So, whether you’re planning a day at the beach, a trip to the park, or just some backyard fun, making sponge sailboats is a fantastic activity that will keep your kids entertained for hours.
15 Dinosaur Clothespin Puppets
If you adore dinosaurs and are in the mood for a fun craft activity, these dinosaur clothespin puppets are perfect for you! With just a few materials, you can create your own dinosaur friends to play with.
To make these cute puppets, you will need:
- Construction paper or cardstock in various colors
- Glue or tape
- Googly eyes (optional)
Start by cutting out dinosaur shapes from the construction paper or cardstock. You can use a pencil to sketch the shape before cutting it out. Cut out details like teeth, horns, and spikes to make your dinosaurs look more realistic.
Once you have all your dinosaur shapes, it’s time to make them come to life! Use markers to add eyes, scales, and other details to your dinosaurs. You can also use googly eyes for a fun and silly look.
Next, attach the dinosaur shapes to the clothespins. You can use glue or tape to secure them. Make sure to match the shapes and colors of the dinosaurs with the clothespins.
Now your dinosaur clothespin puppets are ready to play! You can create a whole dinosaur station with different habitats for your dinosaurs. Use shoe boxes, towels, and other materials to create caves, gardens, or even a rocky landscape.
Let your imagination guide you and have fun creating different environments for your dinosaur puppets. You can also make other animal puppets to keep them company.
These dinosaur clothespin puppets are not only a fun craft activity, but they can also be used for storytelling and imaginative play. Create your own stories and adventures with your dinosaur friends!
These puppets make great party favors or gifts for young dinosaur lovers. They are easy to make and can be customized to match each child’s favorite dinosaur. You can also use them as decorations for a dinosaur-themed birthday party.
So, if you’re looking for a frugal and creative craft activity that will keep your kids entertained, give these dinosaur clothespin puppets a try. They are easy to make and the end result is always satisfying.
Get started on this crafty project and let your dinosaur dreams come to life!
Crafting Through the Holidays and Celebrations
Crafting is a fantastic way for kids to express their creativity and make memories during holidays and celebrations. Whether it’s making a bird feeder for Easter or creating a waterproof bathmat for Christmas, there are endless possibilities for craft projects that will keep them entertained and engaged.
For Easter, one fun idea is to make a bird feeder out of a small flower pot and some twine. Simply paint the pot in bright colors, add a bird picture or printable, and attach a string or twine for hanging. This is an ideal project for kids who love nature and want to attract birds to their yard.
During Christmas, making waterproof bathmats can be a great way to add a chic touch to the house. Simply take old bathmats or cloth and stitch on small plastic balls filled with bubbles. This way, kids can have a fun bath time without making a mess, and the mats can easily be cleaned afterwards.
Another fun craft for any celebration is making a kaleidoscope out of toilet paper rolls. Simply cut the rolls into small pieces, glue them together in a pattern, and attach a small piece of foil or a shiny material to one end. This will create a fantastic kaleidoscope that kids will adore.
If you’re looking for a trendy and unique craft idea, origami is definitely the way to go. There are plenty of printable origami templates available online, and kids can create everything from flowers to dinosaurs. This is a great way to bond with your child and explore their creativity.
For those who love Lego, there’s no end to the possibilities. Kids can create anything from a miniature sheep to a ball that rolls away. Legos provide endless fun and allow kids to build and explore their imagination.
So, whether it’s a holiday or a special celebration, there’s always a craft project that kids will enjoy. From creating bird feeders to making waterproof bathmats and exploring their creativity with origami and Lego, the options are endless. Get started on your crafting adventure today!
Other Fun themes for Crafts for Kids
When it comes to crafting with kids, the options are endless. Aside from the printing various materials and making dreamcatchers, trendy confetti finger organizers, and classroom fact assemble jellyfish, there are many other fun themes to explore. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- DIY Native American crafts: Using pebbles and burlap, kids can create their own native-inspired crafts such as dreamcatchers or kaleidoscopes.
- Water towel art: Next time your child takes a bath, give them some watercolors and a towel to create a unique masterpiece.
- Rainbow writing: Using colorful markers or crayons, children can write their names or draw pictures using every color of the rainbow.
- Lemonade stand: Help your child set up their own lemonade stand using materials like a cardboard box and paper cups.
- DIY bookshelf: If your child loves reading, they can make their own stylish bookshelf using shoe boxes and colorful paper.
- Music origami: Teach your child how to make origami musical instruments like paper drums or flutes.
- Treehouse theater: Using cardboard, create a mini theater where your child can put on plays or puppet shows.
- DIY bird feeder: Build a bird feeder using toothpicks and materials like pine cones or plastic bottles.
- Living school: Create a mini “living school” by making DIY whiteboards, chalkboards, and other classroom supplies.
- DIY games: Help your child design their own board games or card games using paper, markers, and other craft supplies.
- Product hackshaw: Transform old shoe boxes or containers into stylish organizers or storage solutions.
- Christmas crafts: Make Christmas ornaments, wreaths, or garlands using materials like paper, fabric, and glitter.
- Flower hoop art: Create beautiful hanging flower hoops using embroidery hoops, artificial flowers, and ribbons.
- DIY wind chimes: Make whimsical wind chimes using recycled materials like bottle caps, seashells, or old keys.
Whether your child is into painting, building, writing, or creating, there is a craft theme out there that they will love. Choose a project that matches their interests and have fun crafting together!
Kids Crafts Ideas by Popular Materials
When it comes to arts and crafts for kids, there are a wide variety of materials you can choose from to spark their creativity. Whether they prefer painting, recycling, or working with natural materials, there are endless possibilities for young artists to explore.
Recycling Crafts: Teach your children the importance of recycling while creating fun crafts. Make use of old containers, paper rolls, and bottle caps to create unique art pieces. Turn old pots into whimsical plant holders or use recycled materials to make a colorful picture frame.
Nature-inspired Crafts: Take advantage of the beauty of nature by incorporating natural materials into your crafts. Collect pebbles to create a sensory pebble bathmat or use twigs to make a rustic accent for your living space. The possibilities are endless!
Paper Crafts: Paper is a versatile material that offers a wide range of crafting options. From origami to paper mache, there are tons of projects you can create using paper. Let your child’s imagination run wild as they create paper crowns, matchbox houses, or even a picture using quilling techniques.
Painting Crafts: Explore the world of colors with painting crafts. Painting allows kids to express their creativity and develop their fine motor skills. Whether it’s finger painting, watercolor, or acrylic, there are no limits to what they can create with a paintbrush in hand.
Textile Crafts: Get crafty with fabrics and yarns. From sewing to knitting, textile crafts provide a great opportunity for kids to learn basic stitching techniques while creating something special. Let your child make their own stuffed toy or teach them how to stitch a beautiful quilt.
Toy Crafts: If your child loves playing with toys, why not encourage them to make their own? From building with Lego to creating a firework show with pipe cleaners, toy crafts are a great way to engage young imaginations and stimulate their problem-solving skills.
Found Materials Crafts: Encourage resourcefulness and environmental awareness by using found materials in your crafts. Gather seashells and driftwood to create a beach-inspired artwork or use discarded items to build a unique sculpture. The possibilities are endless when you think outside the box!
Plant-based Crafts: Let your child become a plant enthusiast by making crafts inspired by nature. From seed paper to flower crowns, there are tons of plant-based crafts to choose from. Teach your child about the life cycle of a plant while creating something beautiful together.
Food-inspired Crafts: Combine art and food by creating crafts inspired by your favorite snacks. Use colorful candies to make a playful candy necklace or create a lemonade stand with your child to practice counting and money skills. The end result will be both delicious and creative!
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your arts and crafts journey with your young ones. No matter what materials you choose, the benefits of arts and crafts are endless. It helps to develop creativity, improve fine motor skills, boost confidence, and even improve mood. So, gather your materials and let the crafting adventure begin!
Crafting with Paper Plates
Paper plates are a versatile material for art and craft projects for kids. They are a cheap and easily accessible resource that can be transformed into a variety of creative and fun DIY ideas. From simple decorations to interactive toys, there are endless possibilities to explore when it comes to crafting with paper plates.
One popular idea is to make fake food using paper plates. Kids can create their own pizzas, burgers, or even ice cream cones by using different-colored paper plates and cutting out shapes to represent the different ingredients. This activity not only allows children to develop their imagination and creativity, but also provides a great opportunity for role-playing and storytelling.
Another idea is to create shiny crafts using paper plates. Kids can cut out shapes from foil or metallic paper and glue them onto the paper plate to make their own disco ball or hanging decorations. This activity is a great way to introduce young children to different textures and materials while also adding a touch of sparkle to their indoor space.
Recycled paper plates can also be used to create adorable animal crafts. By cutting and folding the plates, children can make their own paper plate animals such as birds, butterflies, or even fireflies. This activity not only teaches kids about recycling and repurposing, but also helps them develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Paper plates can also be used to make hanging organizers. By attaching yarn or twine to the back of the plate, kids can create their own homemade organizers for small items such as buttons or art supplies. This activity not only helps children stay organized, but also encourages them to take ownership of their belongings and develop their problem-solving skills.
One of the coolest things you can do with a paper plate is to make a fortune teller. By folding the plate and adding numbers and colors, kids can create their own fortune-telling game. This activity not only allows children to have fun and be entertained, but also helps them develop their decision-making skills and learn about probability.
Paper plates can also be transformed into 3D figures. By cutting and folding the plates, kids can make their own paper plate animals, people, or even vehicles. This activity not only enhances their spatial awareness and imagination, but also provides a great opportunity for storytelling and creating memories.
For those who enjoy sewing, paper plates can be used as a base for stitching projects. By punching holes around the edges of the plate and using yarn or twine to sew, kids can create their own colorful and funky designs. This activity not only helps children develop their sewing skills, but also allows them to create unique and personalized crafts.
Paper plates can also be used to create unique and eye-catching wall decorations. By painting or decorating the plates, kids can make their own art pieces to hang in their room or around the house. This activity not only allows children to express their creativity and individuality, but also elevates the overall look and feel of the space.
Crafting with paper plates is a fun and engaging activity that offers a wide range of benefits for kids. From developing imagination and creativity to enhancing fine motor skills and problem-solving abilities, there are countless reasons why paper plate crafts are a popular choice for both children and parents. So the next time you’re looking for a craft project to keep your kids entertained, don’t forget to pick up some paper plates and let their imagination run wild!
Origami is a trendy craft that kids adore and can be an engaging activity for them to do at home. It requires nothing more than a sheet of paper, and it can be a great sensory experience for children.
When it comes to origami paper, you don’t need to buy special materials. You can actually use old newspaper, junk mail, or any other thin paper you have at home. Recycling trash and turning it into art is not only fun but also teaches children about the importance of reusing materials.
Previously, we found that origami flowers instantly brighten up any room, and kids love making animals like turtles and fireflies. Whether you’re making origami animals for a garden-themed party or creating paper lanterns for outdoor decorations, the possibilities are endless.
If you’re not familiar with origami, there are plenty of printable templates and online tutorials available to help kids get started. Origami can be a versatile craft, and kids can create anything from simple shapes to more complex designs.
Origami isn’t the only paper craft that kids will enjoy. They can also create their own corkboard organiser, where they can keep treasures or little notes. This craft involves using a corkboard, push pins, and other materials like mesh or cleaner to create a functional and stylish organiser.
Woodworking crafts are also a great way for kids to get creative. They can make their own swing for outdoor play or even a bird feeder to attract feathered friends to their backyard. Using nails and wood, kids will be amazed at what they can create.
For those who love textiles, wool crafts are a fun and engaging activity. Kids can make their own wool creatures, like caterpillars or fuzzy pals, using colorful yarn and simple tools like finger knitting or pom-pom making.
A fun and educational activity that kids enjoy is making shrinky cookies. Shrinky cookies are made from a special type of plastic that, when heated, shrinks down to create a miniature version of the original design. Kids can draw their favorite shapes or characters on the plastic and then watch in awe as they shrink in the oven.
Whether you choose to make origami paper, create woodworking projects, or engage in other fun crafts, the key is to encourage your kids’ creativity and provide them with the materials they need to bring their ideas to life. Crafting together is not only a great way to bond but also helps kids develop essential skills like problem-solving, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills.
Paper Rolls – Crafting With Toilet Paper Rolls, Paper Kitchen Towel Rolls, and Similar
If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to entertain your kids at home, why not try crafting with paper rolls? Whether you have toilet paper rolls, paper kitchen towel rolls, or any similar cardboard tubes, there are endless possibilities for creating gorgeous and stylish crafts.
One of the simplest and most playful crafts you can make with paper rolls is painting them. Because they’re easy to hold and paint on, your kids will have a blast adding their own unique designs to these basic materials. They can create anything from vibrant butterfly decorations to whimsical sculptures. The only limit is their imagination!
If you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry – there are plenty of instructions available online to guide you and your little DIYer. Whether you want to make a pebble dispenser, a cute animal figurine, or a creative bird feeder, you’ll find step-by-step tutorials that will keep your kids engaged and entertained.
If painting isn’t your thing, there are many other ways to transform your paper rolls. For example, you can use them to create unique textures by gluing on twigs, fabric scraps, or even glitter. Why not challenge your kids to create a one-of-a-kind textured masterpiece?
In addition to art and craft projects, paper rolls can also be used in construction activities. Your kids can build structures like dollhouses, castles, or race tracks using their paper rolls as building blocks. They can also use them to make fun games and toys, like a mini cornhole set or rainbow wind chimes.
Need a quick and easy craft idea? Try making pencil holders or pen-stands by decorating paper rolls with colorful paper, paint, or washi tape. They’ll not only keep your kids’ stationery organized, but their creations will also add a stylish touch to their study area or playroom.
Looking for something a bit more challenging? How about making shrinky dinks with paper rolls? Your kids can create their own custom designs on the rolls, cut them out, and then watch as they magically shrink in the oven. It’s a fun and unique craft that’s sure to impress!
Don’t limit your crafting to indoors – paper rolls can also be used to create engaging outdoor activities. For example, your kids can make bird feeders by covering the rolls in peanut butter and rolling them in birdseed. Hang them up in a tree, and they’ll enjoy watching the birds come to feast.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even make water swings or hanging lanterns using paper rolls. The possibilities are endless!
So, next time you’re about to throw away those paper rolls, think again. With just a little creativity, these humble materials can be transformed into gorgeous and stylish crafts that your kids will adore. Show them how to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary, and watch their creativity shine!
Rock Arts and Crafts for Kids
Rock arts and crafts for kids can be a captivating and fun activity that will keep them entertained for hours. Whether you manage to find the perfect rock while on a nature walk or you decide to buy a pack of rocks from a craft store, the possibilities are endless.
One simple and chic rock craft idea is to create clothespin lanterns. All you need are rocks, clothespins, and some colourful paint. Simply paint the rocks in rainbow colours and attach them to the clothespins. Once they dry, you can use these lanterns to add a touch of light and colour to your room.
If you’re looking for a more relaxing activity, try rock painting. Give your kids a set of coloured paints and let their imaginations run wild. They can create anything from ladybug rocks to rainbow rocks. This craft is not only fun but also a great way for kids to express their creativity.
Another fun idea is rock loom quilting. Cut a small loom from a piece of cardboard and instruct your kids to wrap it in colourful thread or yarn. They can then weave the thread through the loom to create a unique and colourful pattern. This craft is perfect for the classroom or as a personal project.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy craft, try rock scratch art. Simply cover a rock with a layer of black paint and let it dry. Once dry, use a sharp tool or a coin to scratch away the black paint and reveal the colourful rock underneath. This craft is a great way to create personalised cards or artworks.
For a more challenging but rewarding craft, try rock origami. Rocks are a great alternative to paper when it comes to origami. You can fold them into various shapes, such as flowers or animals. This craft will provide hours of fun and allow your kids to develop their origami skills.
If your kids love nature, try rock garden markers. Simply paint rocks with the names of different plants or vegetables and use them to label your garden. This craft is not only decorative but also a great way for kids to learn about different plants.
Rock arts and crafts are a great way to keep your kids entertained and engaged. Whether you’re making rock lanterns, scratch art, or origami, there are tons of possibilities to explore. So gather some rocks and let your kids’ creativity shine!
Why should you craft with kids? Benefits. What about creativity?
Crafting with kids is a fun and engaging activity that offers a wide range of benefits for both children and parents. Not only does it provide an opportunity for quality bonding time, but it also allows children to express their creativity in a safe and child-friendly environment.
One of the main benefits of crafting with kids is that it helps to develop their fine motor skills. Activities such as cutting, painting, and assembling crafts require children to use their hands and fingers in a precise manner, which helps to improve their dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Additionally, crafting with kids can boost their self-esteem and confidence. When children see the final result of their creations, whether it’s a hand-painted lantern or a decorated tin can, they feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. This positive reinforcement encourages them to continue exploring their creative abilities and take pride in their work.
Crafting also provides an opportunity for children to problem-solve and think critically. When faced with a challenge, such as figuring out how to tie a string or assemble a cardboard crown, children are encouraged to think creatively and find solutions on their own. This helps to develop their problem-solving skills and fosters independence.
Another benefit of crafting with kids is that it allows children to explore their imagination and think outside the box. By using various materials such as beads, pompoms, and colored paper, children can create their own unique creations and bring their imaginations to life. Whether they’re making personalized cards or building a birdhouse, crafting encourages children to think creatively and explore their own ideas.
Crafting also provides a sensory experience for children. Activities such as playing with dough or painting with pastels engage multiple senses and help children develop their sensory awareness. Touching and manipulating different textures, smelling scented markers, and hearing the sound of scissors cutting paper all contribute to a rich sensory experience that can enhance a child’s overall development.
Finally, crafting with kids is a budget-friendly activity that can be done with materials found around the house. From using leaves to make leaf rubbings to repurposing old clothespins to create adorable DIY clips, there are countless ways to get creative without spending a fortune. This makes crafting accessible to all families and allows children to explore their creative side regardless of their financial situation.
In conclusion, crafting with kids offers numerous benefits, from developing fine motor skills and boosting self-esteem to encouraging problem-solving and fostering imagination. It is an activity that both children and parents can enjoy together and create lasting memories. So why not pick a fun craft project, gather some supplies, and get started on a creative adventure with your child?